Natsu Combo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, for recovery frames, there's B[K]4, but it doesn't have speed. But you can combo PO A:6 from it even on block. For speed, there's 6A+B4, but its recovery isn't so great. On block though, you can usually stuff punishers with PO A or PO K, and it only combos on CH.

I dunno if it has been posted yet, but on CH 22_88B a slightly delayed A:6 will splat them on the ground stunned for a FC A+B, 4A+B(6+whatever)/1A/44KK follow up. Not sure on the damage, but it doesn't require meter, like the 66B BE option in the Combo listing does.

2A+B seems to always tech trap FC A+B, which leads into the standard 110-118 CE combo.

And my 11K -> A+B combo only works on larger characters (or in certain situations on smaller characters?).

for 11K_22B, A+B combos, the side you step towards can affect its consistency. character dependent, i think you have to step to their back.
and yeah, it definitely never works on some characters like Leixia and Maxi IIRC, no matter the axis.

If you are near a wall, and you punish with 6A+B4~PO A:6 (50dmg) and they dont tech, you can FC 2A+B, 44KK(K), 44KK or whatever combo you want.

Now, since FC 2A+B is +11 on hit, if you land it on a Tech Trap near a wall, you get free AA/A:6.

Free Damage is nice.

Hi, I'm new, I'm in love, and unfortunately it's not a real person but hey, I can push her buttons! XD
Right, I'm not sure I'm asking the right thing so please forgive me but is there a ... move map thinger for Natsu yet? As in, every possible option, followup, wakeup options, all that listed? Stuff I can refer to as a complete newbie.
I'm checking out the tech trap and combo threads but they seem to be specific things rather than the very basics.
I realize that her normals are listed in-game I'm not entirely stupid, just wondering if anybody explored her options fully yet.

so basically you want flowchart natsu......

AAB (block or hit)
bombs (all the time)
use airthrows because they look cool, dont worry that you're not maximizing damage
forget about learning A:6 and PO A:6, way too hard+you have bombs into airthrow
66K 4 life!!!!

but seriously all that i just posted is garbage. its what you'll see from 90% of natsu online and it might get you by, but the character is so much deeper than that. calibur is not a game of flowcharts its about adapting to the situation, until you know what all of your tools are used for any other info is of little use to you.

this forum is already full of good information, look around and read up. most of us will be happy to answer questions, but you have to be a little more direct in your asking, rather than something broad like how do i play this character.

If it's called a flowchart, then yes, I'd love to see all her options lined up.
AA- mixes up into: B, K, W,T,F, X,D
6A+B4 mixes up into: Chuck Norris Roundhouse, Jackie Chan Chair-Fu
etc.

EVERY character should be deeper that is why I'd love to have a ... chart... thing, that already has all the options listed. If there isn't one, I'll make one for myself and gladly share it with everybody else.
Knowing every move for my character is just what I do. Even if I'll end up not using some of them, having it in the back of my mind (and muscle memory) for a new situation where it might come in handy , I believe is a good idea.
Besides, doing the same crap over and over iz teh bOringzOr.

OH! And 6:6+B:4 is stupidly hard, yes... that is why I've been doing it for an hour now on both sides of the screen >.< Starting to feel it but I'm a horribly slow nOOb. :(

6:6+B:4 will always be hard.

Though, it's already been said somewhere...when you play someone, you should be thinking about what you're doing that's helping you land hits.

Then follow this:
1. Determine what they're doing that's just barely beating you.
2a. Figure out what counters it.
2b. If nothing hard counters it, find out what mix-ups you can use to beat it.
3. Rinse and repeat.

For safe moves and such, open up the Natsu frame data chart and go into training mode. If something's -7 on block or better, it's 100% safe on block (just remember a lot of these "safe" moves are slow and can be jumped, ducked, stepped, or interrupted).

@OkamiBW Thank you! I have it open and I'm looking at it, I can even understand it to some degree (Still need the game notations open for some of those abbreviations but I've only had the game for a day >_> )

Technical question:
I'm trying to do 4A+B6 into 8B+G but she just keeps jumping over the dummy's head. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Oh, oh! Got it! There's a DASH in there. Stupid game notations don't explain that you have to rush past the body so that you're facing away.
I'm starting to see that whole skyrocket business with the ground wind roll thing and the dive from the roll... those are pretty flashy stuff to amuse myself while I sweat my palms :P

Yeah, it's a 66 double tap. Though, keep in mind, if you play against someone who's used to Taki's Natsu's moves, they'll likely jump your 2A+B or 4A+B (unless it's a tech trap <3).

You may want to look at a few of these: http://8wayrun.com/threads/natsu-combo-listing.8868/
There's some solid (advanced) CH (counter hit) combos in there, not to mention this thread can be useful for at least some speculation on punishment combos and things. If you're playing against people who aren't particularly competitive and just enjoy button mashing with their face, you could try fishing for counter hits. Setting the computer to counter hits is a good way to practice those follow ups so as soon as you land one in game, you know exactly what to do.

Also, refer to this thread for basic notations and terminology in case you find yourself struggling with things like TJ or RO or whatnot: http://8wayrun.com/threads/basic-notations-and-terminology.58/

Well, what basics do you mean? Like if you have specific questions, we can answer them. Though, if we aren't going to be talking about combos, perhaps we should move this discussion to a different thread.

Pay attention to 5:40

Really digging this vid btw:

Excellent vid, there were actually a few things I learned. For one, I never knew that when my Hover B hit someone sort of behind me where I couldn't do WR K, that I could've done BT A+B (I think it was that). So looking forward to see his next video regarding wall combos.

^That was back then from SC4 too (BT A+B, A6 WR B).

Not a bad video visually showing stuff that Natsu can do, but it's nothing new to what we already know on this forum.

Where's Halister when you need him? I miss his vids. ;)

-ASZ

@OkamiBW Yep, that's what I need! Thank you!
I can memorize all the CH and NC/NCC but it won't teach me the attack sequence if I have no basic idea of all her possible starters, followups, safe pokes etc.

As for basics, that IS for another thread but frost tells me there IS NO BASICS POST. >_< I mean stuff like actual control: air control, landing on your feet from being juggled (probably just hold G when you fall right?) oki control, anti-oki, aboutface if it's possible in this game like in Tekken, etc etc etc.

Well, for about face, if you're back turned and you want to face forward, just hit G. To get into back turned stance, certain character specific moves will do it.

At any rate...

Who wants a 159 CH tech trap combo that takes no meter?
It's -7 on block and does 50 dmg as a NC. If they choose to stay down, they take 88 dmg.
CH 6A+B4 POA:6, 3KKK, FC A+B ! 2A+B SSL A+B, FC A+B, 44KK

Edit: Okay, wait...I'm dumb. Let's make this do more damage.

CH WS K, 6A+B4 POA:6, 3KKK, FCA+B (89) ! 2A+B SSL A+B, FC A+B, 44KK (76 w/o SSL, 79 w/ SSL)
What's that put us at? 168 dmg w/o using any meter? :)

Edit again again: I'm dumb again. Let's do even more.
CH 22_88K, 6A+B4 POA:6, 3KKK, FC A+B (111) ! 2A+B SSL A+B, FC A+B, 44KK (79)
190 dmg. Check it.

Well, for about face, if you're back turned and you want to face forward, just hit G. To get into back turned stance, certain character specific moves will do it.
I mean turning my back to the opponent actually.

Edit again again: I'm dumb again. Let's do even more.
CH 22_88K, 6A+B4 POA:6, 3KKK, FC A+B (111) ! 2A+B SSL A+B, FC A+B, 44KK (79)
190 dmg. Check it.
Siiiick. I'm still in execution hell and trying to remember all the moves, but I'll get there.
One thing I noticed is that 4B+A6 into dash into 8B+G changes to 7B+G if I hit the popup from too close and that's a bit annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back