Natsu Movelist Discussion and Analysis

LKV: agreed. A+B is natsu's best move. there, i said it.

and yes 6A+B is great to punish lows; taki players can finally punish mitsu's 1A properly now. do keep in mind that 6A+B PO A:6 whiffs on some characters, like raph and algol, so you can do PO B instead (only interruptible by i10 or less moves).

Not too fond of 3A.

If I think they are going to step I rather use AA or A:6 at that distance. Or if I am that close and I need to tech crouch I use 2A or 6a+b.

I still use it though mainly to mess with tempo.

I have always been fond of a+b back in SC3. Its some of the reasons why my version of taki was more of a mid range style. When SC4 came and they nerfed the range as well as made it 66A it wasnt as effective. But now in SC5 its back to its awesome status... safer to boot with much better followups.

@Neoshinji what do you like to follow up A+B with? As a new Natsu player coming into SCV, I drilled the stock combo A+B ~ 1A, but I'm curious to see what other combo possibilities there are. Also, what do you think of A+B4? I find it's hard to follow up from the range it puts me at.

@Neoshinji what do you like to follow up A+B with? As a new Natsu player coming into SCV, I drilled the stock combo A+B ~ 1A, but I'm curious to see what other combo possibilities there are. Also, what do you think of A+B4? I find it's hard to follow up from the range it puts me at.

I usually just keep it simple with 1 A if it hits due to the damage being hard to pass up.

Now I am not sure if it is guaranteed, haven't had the time to test it. But is A+B4 into FC A+B dart work?

Either way I have been using 4A+B more and more. Its a bit risky for no reason imo. I rather just sit back and see what they do so I can land another A+B.

This one I know can be escaped:

A6, A6, 3KKK, 44KK, FCA+B_1B_4A+B mix-ups.

Note: After the 3KKK of the combo, you can ukemi to your left to avoid the rest.
I just discovered that AGAIN after the 1.03 patch that you can once again escape Nasty's 44KK wall jump after whatever kind of stun or combo stun to 3KKK with a left ukemi. Before in 1.02, I could have sworn PS made it inescapable.

if i hit A:6 near a wall i am not doing anything other than, A:6, 6A+B4, PO A:6, 3KKK, into either guaranteed 1A, or mixup between 2A+B and 44KKK. i dont understand dropping a HUGE damage guaranteed combo for a reset that is breakable/punishable.

if i land a random PO A:6 CH in open field i might use 2A reset as if i get the mixup correct i'll get more overall damage, but thats a big might. guess its just my style to go for the guaranteed.

Isn't it true that if you manage an A:6 wall hit, a following A:6 wall hit will do the same damage as a following A6 wall hit?

I just discovered that AGAIN after the 1.03 patch that you can once again escape Nasty's 44KK wall jump after whatever kind of stun or combo stun to 3KKK with a left ukemi. Before in 1.02, I could have sworn PS made it inescapable.
Weird "'ish", but... (edit) I found out that with that combo escape, Tira, Pyrrah Omega, Raphael, Pyrrah and Viola can ukemi that to their left OR right.
Natsu herself can ukemi left while EVERYBODY else can ukemi dodge it to their right. '~'

A few things I would like to get advice on, I have been using 4B and it seems a little unreliable, I have been hitting 1B instead and that works a little and few combos to mix up with 1B. Is there something I am missing somewhere in this quick hit combo?

What problems exactly are you getting with it? Remember that it's a 14f high with not much range, but knocks down on normal hit, and gives you a small combo on ch. You're usually going to want to use this as a punish more than anything.

Back