Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

Has anyone found any ukime traps after a normal a+b yet?? At least something to scare them into staying down and eating a 1a or something?

after an A+B knd u have a lot of options....
not ukemi traps but anyway.
66B/66_throw
DB_B/A/K/throw
WR_K/B/A/throw
214~PO options
2A+B(note that it can be interupted or avoided with jumpor back ukemi)
11A/44A

So far as I know (though it's probably not what you were looking for), you still have the same ukemi traps as before after A+B out of 2A+B.

Though, I have been so busy, I only had a chance to play a tiny tiny bit in training mode when the patch came out.

it is not..... it is very plain with same starting animation and u can defeat both versions with the same tactic.

I'm talking guaranteed ukime traps...

1a they can ukime and block

2a+b and 4a+b they can ukime and jump or do an attack that TJs

I'm looking for a legit ukime trap that will completely scare them into staying down. a+b still needs to be useful.

After A+B we're pretty screwed. The best bet is 4A+B_2A+B. They can technically ukemi and jump, but I don't believe it can be done on reaction. And to do a TJ move from KND would mean they'd have to RCC somehow. Is that even possible in this game?

You could do an exorcism after A+B. That should scare them into staying down. (Or teach them to do a WS attack.)

Well once people start getting comfortable with the game exorcism isn't going to be at all scary with the ability to JG. I mean even when you and I played I was JGing Exorcism almost every time towards the end of the set. Actually they can probably ukemi and JG the bombs too. Man JG is a gay ass function.

I have been having a hard time getting either bomb to connect the guys I play with don't get up anymore and they just eat 1a, or 44kk , I almost don't use the bomb any more except to just through it in to remind they I haven't forgotten the move.

What do you guys think about using K2? I've taken another look at it as advancing TJ/low evader at the last 20hp/when I expect to get thrown, but don't want to risk getting guard-punished for using A+B vs characters that can punish it. It's only -8 on block and +2 on hit and impacts faster than 8K which I have been using for similar situations. Jumping over linear moves with 8K is pretty lulz but doesn't serve much purpose if it's so slow that people can still block it after >.>

I've been using K2 in matches, but in terms of a TJ against throws, I'm usually just throwing out 9A/9B. Haven't really discovered a prime situation for K2 to be used consistently. For the tech trap after A+B knockdown, I think there's something out there but we just need to keep testing things.

Try doing a HOV B. I know they can get up/roll bla bla bla, but if they are in the "I'm just gonna play dead" mentality you could probably catch them with it.

OR risk wasting some meter and toss out a CE... that might scare them into getting up if you have a bit of meter.

What do you guys think about using K2? I've taken another look at it as advancing TJ/low evader at the last 20hp/when I expect to get thrown, but don't want to risk getting guard-punished for using A+B vs characters that can punish it. It's only -8 on block and +2 on hit and impacts faster than 8K which I have been using for similar situations. Jumping over linear moves with 8K is pretty lulz but doesn't serve much purpose if it's so slow that people can still block it after >.>

You know ,years ago i was trying to do the same thing in fighting games untill a very good player i know told me this: "You know there is no reason to try to low/high crash all the time,Why don't you just block like normal people do?"
~Wise advice here!
So just block low(or learn to brake throws) and react according to your opponent no need to use a move for it!!

. For the tech trap after A+B knockdown, I think there's something out there but we just need to keep testing things.

nope there is nothing , the oponent recovers about the same frame with you when using an ukemi, so the only thing u can do is a non-trap mind mixup.

You know ,years ago i was trying to do the same thing in fighting games untill a very good player i know told me this: "You know there is no reason to try to low/high crash all the time,Why don't you just block like normal people do?"
~Wise advice here!
So just block low(or learn to brake throws) and react according to your opponent no need to use a move for it!!

nope there is nothing , the oponent recovers about the same frame with you when using an ukemi, so the only thing u can do is a non-trap mind mixup.

Oh, I do block! Too much in fact... I'm just looking for ways to counter when the chances are in my favour of guessing the hi-lo game right. If there's one thing I like about SCV, with GI's gone the way they used to be, I got better at defending all-around. (had a bit of an obsession with guard-impacting ^.^")

After A+B we're pretty screwed. The best bet is 4A+B_2A+B. They can technically ukemi and jump, but I don't believe it can be done on reaction. And to do a TJ move from KND would mean they'd have to RCC somehow. Is that even possible in this game?

You could do an exorcism after A+B. That should scare them into staying down. (Or teach them to do a WS attack.)

I've been using both bombs after :A:+:B: and it seemed fine. I'll prolly tell my region these anti Natsu starts and see if it makes a difference. If it does then imma be pissed lol.

What are some decent ways to set up WR K and HOV B?

For WR :K: do either :A:.:A::6::K:, or use it to counter someone's high/grab attempt or use it after HOV :B:

For HOV :B:, I stole RTD's tech from MLG. He'd :4::A:+:B::6: and run after the opponent, wait until they get up and then Mid/Low mix them up with HOV :A: or HOV :B:. If you get HOV :A: then you :4::A:+:B::6: again and run after them, if you get HOV :B: then you get the WR :K: combo. After you knock them down with :4::K:.:K:.:K: you do the :4::A:+:B::6: again and run after them.

This is beatable if the opponent GI's (so they don't have to guess). They can step the HOV :B: or block mid, they can TJ, Jump Guard, and Block low the HOV :A:

What are some decent ways to set up CH WR K, CH 6A+B, and HOV B?
2A is like +6 on hit, so if you WS K after that it will beat anything they can do. I always have bad luck with AA6, WS K. Everyone just blocks.

CH 6A+B doesn't get you anything special anymore anyway. But you could try it after a blocked PO B I guess.

Back