Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

I'm asking this, can you use Natsu's double CE on ground hit when they reside on the wall? 'Cause I've done it thrice already on online. It's like this:

HOV B WR K 6A+B4 A:6 3K,K,K Double CE (on wall)

i wouldnt say its the best but it is damn important. takes away alot of opponents options as a block punisher. guaranteed after 22A CH for ring out or wall splat. useful as an interrupt after things like blocked 33K or 8K, best damage off of launchers like 3B and 11K with a sick tech trap built in. its just a great move.

Sry i am total noob when it comes understanding tactics and what skils mean.. But I see this tech trap word alot, what does it exactly stand for ? Been playing SCV for about only 2,5 weeks now.

Main moves I use are 66B, 66A,B followup for getting close to enemies. I've tried to reduce ammount of bombs I shoot out to get more confusing game going.

B,K breaker is pretty amazing with PO ending, been using that a lot aswell in recent days.

A tech trap is a move that catches the opponent when they tech, or ukemi, off the ground. For example, after a knock down, if you run up and do 2A+B you'll only get the launcher if the opponent ukemis. They can avoid the trap by simply laying on the ground.

It's basically a move that punishes people for getting up in the wrong way.

Also, moved this to the general discussion.

ok, that clears my mind a bit :)

Thanks.

Then for the uber question :D Tried to milk this one from couple of ppl already, but without result. Can't find the way to make ukemis, is there some specific key combo to make it ? Would be cool to learn it as I usualy just roll 90 degrees on the floor and then get up.

ok question I have started to fight someone, who uses Lexi and uses aa BE and then she stops the groud. with the guard break move. how can I punish that.

ok question I have started to fight someone, who uses Lexi and uses aa BE and then she stops the groud. with the guard break move. how can I punish that.

You can A+B to TJ punish the ground stun move, but it will be risky since Leixia will sometimes not do the ground stun. It's best to 2A them or jump attacks.

hey guys well basically im 4th in Europe for legendary souls and 17th in the world does any one know any ring out tips for me please i would really appreciate it. Note this is for legendary souls purpose only i don't ring out on multiplayer. I dont use B+K Y Y Y.

Of course you already know the BE throw =P

3B, 6AB, 6AK, A:6, 22_88B, 44B, A+B, WR BB, PO B+K, PO 8A, 8KA, 41236B, CE and of course the running low K. They all ringout forward. On CH, WS K, WS AAA, 22_88KA and 11_77A also ring out forward.

Off any launcher, including 11_77K and BT A+B, you can A:6 to ring out forward as well. If you do it slightly earlier than the required time to get the ground splat from A:6, you get an air juggle that can ring them out from a little farther away than normal A:6. Near the edge you can also use FC A+B, if it hits or counter hits, you can get a guaranteed A:6 for a forward ringout. Also, on CH 22_88A or 22_88K (near ring edge only) you get a guaranteed A:6 again.

BBK rings out to the right and 1A (not sure on 1A's direction) and BK_B[K] rings out to the left.

That's all I know from the top of my head. Whoever knows more, feel free to add or correct.

Ugh, so I started playing again and I immediately noticed that the issues with A:6, 22_88B, and CE are still there.
Easy to work with since I pretty much expect them now, but they've costed me rounds/games/extra effort more than they used to. Seems worse. Maybe I use them more than I used to? idk.

Anyway, I need to get back into the lab. So rusty.
And there's apparently new stuff that Hawkeye showed off and I missed it.

I just watch a video of some jap guys playing natsu pre patch and she was beast! (shes still pretty good in my opinion but before definetely the best! pretty close to op or i think...) i wish i was a member of the forum prepatch so i could use some her more efficiently back then :P

Couldn't find it in the framedata/combo page, but: What are the good options for Natsu after a GI (if the opponent can't GI back). How many frames do you have to work with after a GI (or does it depend on the GIed move?)

If i remember correctly it always gives +25 Frames.

So i suppose your best options would be:

3B~ A:6 -53 DMG
66B BE -58 DMG maybe more with Clean Hit, half Bar

For RO or Wall Splat*:

A:6 or A6
BK ROs or Splats to Natsu's left
8_9A to Natsu's right
A+B gives good RO but bad Splat

If your opponent likes to Re-GI, use Throws, especially 66B+G and A+G BE.
Or vary the timing with 4A+B to Punish when he Re-GIs too early and whiffs.

*note: Be careful with GIs near the edge or wall, if you whiff a GI, moves like Pyrrha Omega's 33B can cost you a round.

note 2: GIing some long range attacks like Ivy's can leave you at +25 but too far away to do one of the above moves.
66K can work in some cases, but at max distance i think nothing is guaranteed.

general musing: I wonder if WR BBB would work as whiff GI punishment too.
And if you can WR and then BBB on Reaction to a GI, so you don't get blocked.
PO B could also work as whiff GI punishment for great Oki, and advantage on Block.

Hi I'm trying to main natsu but I'm having a very hard time against Voldo. Does anyone have any tips?

I have problems with competent Voldos myself, but a lot depends on what the problems you're having are. Is it moveset unfamiliarity? (solution: study the matchup chart, train yourself to recognize the many different Voldo stances and get a feel for what he can do and what can hit him in each). Is it issues with when Voldos go into a "down" stance and half your B&B whiffs? (solution: Block low (or rather low/mid; Voldo's low stances -do- have Mid attacks; don't remember whether 8ka will land, but it evades mids, as does Hover, so...), use moves that hit grounded -- low attacks, most verticals, Hover B and Hover A+B...). Or is it something else?

Fleshmaster, that was a really helpful list! I generally only GI when I'm reading an attack's timing but not necessarily what it's going to be enough to force a whiff or just block (I've only recently noticed that perceptual state enough to start trying to work GI in then) but since I hadn't paid that much attention to it, my responses after a successful GI have been rather lackluster. Thanks! (now, if my a:6 were more reliable...).

And i forgot:

Critical Edge also works after a GI, and i think it can't be Re-GIed.
But you need a lot of meter for GI and then CE.

Back