Jump K

Xiba:
3A (Watch out for the followup)
Jump A

Leixia:
6B
B
1B+K

Just to confirm, 44KK is only guaranteed if the opponent doesn't tech? So it will hit people who roll, stay grounded, or get up with 2G?

Also, on the CH WS K combo, if you get 44KKK with the wall hit, does the stun last long enough to allow for a 1A as a guaranteed finish?

Are you guys talking bout standing or grounded? Or both?
Both.
Sometimes K2 whiffs, but only partially for standing opponents. That is, one hit connects instead of two.
And for grounded, I get whiffs sometimes after bomb~A+B.
The best way to see the skewed axis is overkill after a won match. Natsu completely misses the opponent and K2-dances around him. Why?

Well I already stated that k2 whiffs on sideways grounded opponents earlier in here which is how they usually land after a sidestep~bomb whiff punish into A+B. So its usually better to use 1A in that situation, although you actually have enough time to see how they land in any of those hard knockdown situations and choose accordingly. I didn't know about the standing whiff, but I guess for whatever reason k2 hitbox just refuses to connect on sideways hit. My guess is that its a bug.

A benefit of the k2 is the relatively huge forward movement, so if it whiffs, an opponent's vertical whiff punisher can fail.
Like some 88Bs and 3Bs.
Don't know if that benefits in the k2-whiff-vs-downed-opponent situation you described, though.

Well I already stated that k2 whiffs on sideways grounded opponents earlier in here which is how they usually land after a sidestep~bomb whiff punish into A+B.
I didn't realise You already covered while grounded whiffs.
As for standing whiffs, It's rare, but definitely happens. When I think about it the opponent may have been sideways when K2 connected. The effect was only one hit was registered.

Don't know if that benefits in the k2-whiff-vs-downed-opponent situation you described, though.
Hmm, I am only aware of a single situation where whiffing K2 actually helped me.
Just before I finished K2, apat started CE, but K2 actually made the CE whiff entirely.

on a side note, did You know that it is actually possible to avoid Algol's chair CE with PO BE?
Up until now I was convinced it's impossible.
The timing is a bitch though.

And Elysium's CE but fortunately no one plays that witch
Ah, some still do and they love their CE.
What's the trick with JGing CEs? For styles like Natsu, Yoshimitsu, Elysium etc. where the move is instant out of the freeze screen, is it enough to attempt the JG during the freeze for it to work?

I've been messing around with BT windroll lately and have found it to be much more evasive than the regular 2_8b+k. Usually as a Hail Mary when I'm down on life I will b+k at a distance to get into bt and then go for a bt 6b+kk into air throw for half life. It works out on occasion but when people catch on they start to throw out moves to stop me when I roll forward. Using a bt 2_8 b+k can get around quite a few things here and let you punish with bt a+b into the combo of your choice. Even if bt a+b is blocked you have a very favorable situation.

Deter button presses after blocked bt a+b with Aab or a:6, if they start to 2a use a+b or 8a and once they start freezing you can use throw attempts etc.

What are Natsu's best moves in terms of building up a guard burst on the opponent?
PO B

There's a Japanese Natsu player who does a crazy good job of making people block it. Never seen anyone else emulate his success with it though. America seems to favor throws (and you can't really blame us, since A+G BE and 66B+G do stupid damage).

Yes PO B is great but I was thinking more about Natsu's equivalent to Leixia's 6B+K, 3B, 44K etc., those quicker moves that aren't guard crushers.

Thanks FleshMasher, this is helpful. It seemed relatively easy for me to research Leixia's best guard burst moves, what move to burst on (44K, 1B+K, WS K) but for Natsu it doesn't seem as straight forward. I know Leixia has an inherently superior guard burst game, but knowing the best move, while playing as Natsu, to use when my opponent is on flashing red to maximise the follow-up window would be ideal.

EDIT: From your link it looks like the kuzukiri bomb cancel is the best burster in terms of the follow-up window.

Oh, 8A+B is good also. And k2, although that's pretty bad on whiff for a poke-ish move.

Last edited:
Back