Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

It has incredible underestimated forward range, relatively safe on block at -12, and you get great damage on hit. What's not to love? So yes continue to whore it.

22B's tracking can be a little dodgy at times but it's range and potential damage on hit makes it great. It's always great grazing the opponent at tip range and getting a full launch.

Yo quick question.
In the matchup against Nightmare what should Natsu do against his backstep? I have friend who loves to do 1k from tip range and then backstep me with Nightmare. The only move I can catch that backstep with is 66K and it sucks when he decides not to do the backstep.

If its at tip there isn't much you can do aside from 66k. 6a+b, a+b, or 66b might work depending on range but 66k is usually your best bet.

You shouldn't be getting hurt that badly for it. Usually only a 6k unless they are elite and know to crouch block the 2nd hit and punish with ws b.

The info he was looking for is not in that thread.

After 6a+b4 po a:6 these are your options.

2k and 1a will hit people who do not tech. 60 damage total on the 1a which is great. Little less on the 2k but safer if they tech.

If they tech to either side you can hit them with the 2a+b ub bomb.

Which leaves their last option as forward or back. A well timed 66k will hit back tech for 80 damage total. 66k also hits forward tech and some side techs on certain characters.

Be aware that if they guess right, you are getting punished but there is a lot of damage to be gained from this move.

Also of note, for some reason regular Pyrrha can block the 1a normal without teching, I believe she is the only one able to do this. In addition Asta goes further when he techs back and cannot be hit by 66k.

Damnit, I was trying to be the cool helpful guy for once ; - ;

You're being helpful to the entire thread with that wonderful avatar of yours!

As for the Nightmare question, I have to concur with the others. 66K is the only thing you can do against Nightmare's that 1K's then backsteps. Pretty much everything else will whiff, which you never want to do against Nightmare. Remember that Nightmare's block punishment is shit unless he's blocking a move that can be easily punished by WR B such as 1A or 4A+B6 for example.

If you anticipate the 1k, what about hover (to dodge the 1k) followed by HOV A+B? Will that not land on 1k/backstep by NM?

If you anticipate the 1k, what about hover (to dodge the 1k) followed by HOV A+B? Will that not land on 1k/backstep by NM?
If you anticipate 1K, i'd go for 8K and if you actually see him do the 1K, you can confirm the A for 8KA 60 or so damage.

I think PO into Hover A+B would be quite slow to tech jump and you'd have to anticipate the 1K 1 second or so in advance.

Another thing vs Backstepping Nightmare is 6A+B because it is fast and has range and can partially whiff so you can combo with 3KKK~ 1A_K2_CE if the second part of 6A+B is CH.
Although this can leave you open to 22_88B if he decides to step instead of backstep.

1K is a low so you could jump attack it, but NM could do 3K instead since the move has identical frames and hits mid. Everything I've tried besides 66K will whiff in front of NM if he does a tip range 1K, then a full backstep. Everything I whiffed in front of him, he blasted me with a 3B for my troubles. Having NM block a 66K and deliver a mediocre punish is better than whiffing some in front of him. HOV anything is generally not good to just throw out, but a HOV A+B could get some nice Guard Damage despite being a slow and predictable move.

Generally NM players will 1K ~ Backstep ~ then block. HOV A+B won't come out fast enough to prevent his block and you need to go into POS before you can enter HOV.

Fleshmasher said:
If you anticipate 1K, i'd go for 8K and if you actually see him do the 1K, you can confirm the A for 8KA 60 or so damage.

I think PO into Hover A+B would be quite slow to tech jump and you'd have to anticipate the 1K 1 second or so in advance.

Another thing vs Backstepping Nightmare is 6A+B because it is fast and has range and can partially whiff so you can combo with 3KKK~ 1A_K2_CE if the second part of 6A+B is CH.
Although this can leave you open to 22_88B if he decides to step instead of backstep.

Hmm, 6A+B is an interesting move I try it after a NM backsteps me and usually just get tip range. Though after 66K, this would be the next best option aside from merely running up and blocking after NM 1K ~ Backsteps ~ Block's you since you can enter POS for a mixup. The aim is to keep NM from running a keepaway game on you so the goal is to stay close as much as possible.

Why not just just run up and force a mixup? Nightmare's 1k is -2 and backstep is -20.. this gives you more than enough time to run up and throw, 6a+4b4, 4a, etc.

Great games last night mneme! I kept running into you last night in ranked matches xD

How the heck do you fight Dampierre? Does mashing out his odd grabs work???

Great games last night mneme! I kept running into you last night in ranked matches xD

How the heck do you fight Dampierre? Does mashing out his odd grabs work???

You can block the low ones like a normal low, and yes, you can counter-mash to an extent, as far as I know.

Back