Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

I'm sure someone's stumbled on this already. I was in quick battle because online matches kept disconnecting. I found that near a wall I could land CH wrK ~ A:6 JF ~ A:6 into the standard 6+B follow up. Damage ranged from 140-160. I'm probably late to the party on that, but it seems useful if you can measure the distance accordingly in match. Same goes with 11k. If you time it right you can A:6 them into the wall twice for about 140 damage

Last edited:
Yep, and with 3B, 22B, CH 11A, NH and CH FC 2A+B and 8KA. Don't think you are limited to A6 when it comes to setting up a wall-combo.

8KA W! WS K A:6 W! 6A+B4 PO A:6 3KKK 1A is an interesting one because sometimes WS K wall-splats and sometimes it doesn't. If it does, you have to leave out an A6. Capping on a 44KKK and CE puts the combo to around 190 damage I believe.

As a side note, the highest damage wall-combo Natsu can do is this:

CH 22K A:6 W! A6 W! 6A+B4 PO A:6 3KKK 44KKK CE

I think it's 202 damage, but the A:6 after CH 22K is dependant on angle and is a tight-window input like the A:6 you get in the 3B combo.

Did someone say you could combo off of CH Tacks with A:6? I've been trying it for a little while now and it always whiffs.

CH FC 2A+B~ A:6 will usually only work with your opponent against a wall or ring edge. This is actually the same for Normal-Hits (no counter-hit); you are at +12 after it hits but the pushback usually denies any combo opportunity unless against a wall. Try FC 2A+B against a wall, on NH you can get full wall-combos with a fast A:6. Shame it isn't a low else this move would be fantastic.

This same principle is why you can A:6 punish a blocked Natsu 66B if your back is against the wall, when usually her 66B is safe in mirror matches (PS not sure if KK2K punishes it, need to test that).

After you land CH caltrops you either get a 3B A:6 1A combo or a 6A+B4 PO A:6 combo, depending on how they fall. If they fall to their right, Yoshimitsu, Mitsurugi, you get 3B. If they fall to their left, Natsu, Leixia, you get 6A+B.

There are some MU-specific exceptions though. Vs. Maxi you can do FC 2A+B while ducking under his LO BK and the angle allows A:6 to connect on Normal Hit.

EDIT: 6A+B4 PO A:6 (PO K whiffs) punishes Natsu's 66B on block, but when you're against a wall you can get A:6 and possibly 3B on it.

Last edited:
I don't know why I've never thought of this.

CH 4B ~ 3b ~ A:6 ~ 1a

I've always just done 3kk 1A. Never thought to launch..

Tonight proved to be one of those nights. I got stomped by a Xiba player because I kept getting hit by B+K GI'es. It stopped my lows, mids, highs, I never saw it coming in time to do a Vertical or stab. I'd just be going for an AA or A:6 punish and boom, right into Remembrance GI.

I also started to dislike Natsu's 66k for no good reason. I'd see him step, so I'd 66k and catch him. Couldn't go into a new mixup because he immediately mashed on 2k/a which snuffed everything I tried to do. I know 66k is a great move because its fast and covers steps, tech crouches & jumps, but lord, a move that's unsafe on hit and lets you do nothing but effectively guard on confirm seems a bit irritating at times.

I need some tea...

66K is -4 on hit, so its far from unsafe on hit. 8A and 8KA are easy options for countering predictable 2A/2K attempts post 66K hit. Just know that generic 2A's are safe on whiff against 8K after 66K hit, so there's no point in doing the A follow up other than hoping they drop their guard.
Either way, remember that you're playing Natsu. For her, -4 might as well be neutral. They have to respect you, not the other way around.

If you're against someone abusing step and you want to keep catching them, but you don't like 66K on hit, then try using A+B, 66A(B), 6A(K_B) or other stepkillers. I don't think Xiba can punish A+B when it's arguably one of Natsu's best moves.

You're not restricted to just 66K. Abuse the fuck out of A+B if he's abusing step.

And if you are getting aGI'd when you try to AA/A:6 punish, the move you are trying to punish is probably safe and he's baiting you into making a bad punish attempt. What I would suggest is let him do that move, then let him whiff his aGI, then A:6 him. ;)

Just do 66K, 66K on hit, it must crush 2K/2A interrupt and it will piss off your opponent) Plus 66K is almost safe on block against Xiba, 3kB is a hard punish imo, not all Xiba players can do it constantly. So be ready to punish it if he miss (-19). But even if he good at punising damage is not big.

Rem is a big problem in this MU, but you must understand that this is HighRisk/HighReward option. Do what TxA said, bait this move, but be ready to punish it not with A:6(he can hold Rem), but with 4A+B or 66B for big damage.

So it's logical that we have WS for While-Rising to prevent confusion between WR - Wind Roll, but why exactly was WS chosen? It stands for While-Standing, correct? That sounds like a misnomer to me as it implies 'while in the standing stance' (neutral). We seem to be the only ones needing a WR replacement convention. Any thoughts on this?

What are some of the best choices to what you can do after a GI with Natsu? I usually go for an A6 'cause it does good damage and puts them on the ground, especially with the just input, but I'm wondering what other choices I have or what could be more effective.

Hey Azaraki. GI A:6 is prone to whiffing but it is best used against a wall or ring edge for a wall-combo or ring-out. Natsu's go-to after a successful GI is 66B (BE), but if you suspect your opponent is going to re-GI, 4A+B will beat them and so will a delayed 66B (BE). 22_88B has the same effect here too.

Natsu is very strong near walls and edges with GI A:6. As an alternative, A+B will RO and sometimes wall-splat for combos, the same goes for 66B (BE).

Let me know if there was something you didn't understand!

What are some of the best choices to what you can do after a GI with Natsu? I usually go for an A6 'cause it does good damage and puts them on the ground, especially with the just input, but I'm wondering what other choices I have or what could be more effective.
I'm not sure if he still does it, but I remember KAB was fond of using A:6 after a GI mainly because your opponent has to immediately re-GI if they want to GI an immediate A:6 attempt, and you could choose to delay it slightly to catch a whiffed GI. But again, I haven't watched KAB play in awhile, so I don't know if that's something he still does. Either way, its a good option because it teaches them to instantly try to re-GI thus setting them up for bombs in later rounds/matches.

Fun fact, you can dash forward to bait a re gi and then a:6. Even funner fact, if they didn't re gi you still have time to land a:6 within the window.

I'm not a huge fan of 66b be after gi because its a lot of meter for a so so reward.

66B with more damage than A:6 (48 vs. 42, with possible clean hit takes it up to around 60 I believe), with bigger range and the same oki is why I prefer it over A:6, but of course anywhere near a wall or ring edge, A:6 is superior.

Unless you're getting the impact at the tip of the GI box, its not going to whiff. It connects pretty consistently, even on Viola. Only other time I expect it to whiff is against moves long range moves, or mid range moves at close to tip. Natsu dashes forward a bit on successful GI's.

Back