Natsu's top 10 moves

recently been using less 66AB ...

while in the mean time despite the fact i don't use it A LOT.... however i do feel PO BE might be a potential top 10 move.

-LAU

If I was a chick this move would make me wet. Fuck Pyrrha, I love this move/setup against her spamming 236B ass.
Natsu_PO_BE.gif
^_^​

Yeah, but you get a nice BT PO K for it. Plus it makes her think twice next time she thinks she's going to punish a blocked 6A+B4 or 66B4, allowing you to do more things next time you enter PO.

On a side note, I have a feeling that PO A+B+K BE is going to be the move that helps Natsu out the most as far as keeping her safe and giving her more license to rush down a opponent packing a solid TC 3B move.

I had a feeling that was going to be really strong. I think almost everyone has a move that will realign themselves to hit Natsu after she does PO BE. Or they have a move that hits both back and front... I think Xiba has one.

I think more important than the 68 damage is the mindgames you are now forcing your opponent to consider. People (and by people, I mean Pyrrhas) are so used to punishing blocked moves that shift into PO. This will make them hesitate before mindlessly 236B'ing all the time, giving you a chance to do more PO moves.

I really need to incorporate this.

Great lessons guys, I really appreciate the help!

My natsu is more about punishing than getting punished though... am I playing wrong?

Is someone going to bring all this great information into one, easily (by me) readable post? Go... I dare you....
Here ya go pilgrim.

The results so far:

14 votes:
A+B

9 votes:
AAB

8 votes:
6A+B
A:6
7_8_9KA
66B

7 votes:
WS K

6 votes:
4A+B
3K series

5 votes:
22_88A

4 votes:
B,K_[K]
A+G BE
PO B

3 votes:
22_88K
44KK
PO BE
2A
FC A+B
22_88B

2 votes:
66A<B
BB
2bA
RM K
11_77K
PO K
AA6
BBK_[K]

1 vote:
6B
PO A+B
66B+G
WS AAA
KKK_2K
1A
K2
6K<A
11_77A
44B
PO A:6
PO B+K
WS A
3B
BB4A+B
FC 3KK
2A+B
4A

Note that I didn't differentiate between a vanilla version of a move and a shift into PO. So a vote for 6A+B was the same as a vote for 6A+B4. Also, AA and AAB were lumped together.

I don't believe in "top 10 moves". That is the right way to make us noobs think that we can play Natsu and then get beaten by people who know we don't use the other 30? of her moves.

Like I said in the first post, it's just to get started sorting out her movelist. Also, there was a lot of good discussion on a lot more than just 10 moves in these 3 pages.

Of course you wouldn't only use 10, but the top ten are moves you shouldn't not be using.

Could we expand this thread to the top 10 combos.
I don't mean the ones that give 160 hit points but require counter hit by a wall after a back-turned step to the left (on a Friday). I mean bread and butter combos. The obvious NC types work all on their own but the home brew variety are more difficult to execute and I'd love some discussion on the best ones that can be executed by a playing only having two thumbs (one on each hand is usual).

Could we expand this thread to the top 10 combos.
I don't mean the ones that give 160 hit points but require counter hit by a wall after a back-turned step to the left (on a Friday). I mean bread and butter combos. The obvious NC types work all on their own but the home brew variety are more difficult to execute and I'd love some discussion on the best ones that can be executed by a playing only having two thumbs (one on each hand is usual).
Your bnb out of any stun is 6A+B ~ 4 (PO) ~ A:6, 3kkk, FC A+B, 44kk_3A if ringout imminent with 44k
The any stun is 22_88K for the most part but most ch work with this one.

Natsu's combos are mostly based off of CH I think...

I'm surprised there's not more people liking PO A:6. It's in like every CH combo she's got.

My favorite non-CH combo right now is A+B, FC A+B, 44KK. It feels unsafe (-12 on block though), but it's a nice little mid-hitting tech jump.

Back