Natsu's top 10 moves

its a move that is really good in certain matchups especially against slower characters that cant hurt you that bad for -16. as hawkeye demonstrated against NM it destroys backstep for 40 damage and NM cant hurt you very bad for a correct block.

66K actually techjumps and tech crouches. I would read 22K from Ivy and 66K that shit. Its not a move you just throw out, its a move you use when you know it will hit. Dealing with a X 44B or Mitsu 4B type move, you need 66K to cover the range and get the CH.

8A+B, I rarely get hit out of, if ever. I like the BT version more because they never expect such a move from BT. Plus it leaves you grounded on block and hit, so you have the mind game in your favour surprisingly enough.

its a move that is really good in certain matchups especially against slower characters that cant hurt you that bad for -16. as hawkeye demonstrated against NM it destroys backstep for 40 damage and NM cant hurt you very bad for a correct block.

For slower characters 66K can be used again for people who try to interupt with a 2A, 1K, High, or Grab. Basically everything but a i16 or less mid. I got a video of it in a match to show what I'm talking about.

Also I add another move too Natsu's arsenal that I didn't realize now is GOD. And that's....*drum roll* 66A!

This move....is fuckin beast! To me, I view it as her best rush down move now (yes, even more than 66B!) Here's the reasons why....

The knockback on the attack is amazing! It really can't be punished and you can actually bait your opponent with a Whiff attack for a bomb, 66B BE, 6B etc. depending if they attack.

The B is great for Knockback and can only be punished by a few characters (don't try this on shielded greeks please lol) so if you catch them at the tip you are pretty safe and requires your opponent to debate further after a punish because of the space. But on hit it can do some fairly decent Oki options.

On CH you can PO B+K for any WR attack options or roll options (except backwards, but then you guys just reset if you roll backwards too).

If you ever 66A and get a counter hit, the B can be added ON REACTION! Yes...ON FRIGGIN REACTION! I didn't realize what the stun was on there until I was using it joking around, but you can stall the B until the last frame and still get the combo off! That's as good as Zwei's 4B BE on hit!

The PO transition on it is pretty safe, not as safe as 66B PO but still safe, but this is where that is a good thing. If you BE on 66AB PO you can actually evade your opponents attack and still be infront of them for a whiff punish. Depending your opponents attack you can counter for a PO B or a safer PO K, or if you're really talented a PO A:6 and everyone knows how well the Oki options are for someone who gets hit by PO A:6! You can even BE through a CE! Lmao I did 66A B PO BE right when a Mitsu was doing his CE and I whiff punished it for a PO A+B, the room went nuts.

A+B
88B
66B/66B4
4A
A:6
7,8,9KA
66A/66AB/66AB4
4A+Ba/2bA

Is anyone in the here intressted in game theory btw? as i can reguraly see very bad (game theory wise) mixups being posted left and right on 8wayrun even by the top players. I don't mean to be rude, but it just seems like one of the aspects of the game where the the 8wayrun community in general just have no clue what there talking about. It's still extremly hard if not imossible to calculate most of the scenarios since there is a human factor involved. And some mixups are just very bad from a mathetmatical point of view, but the same mixups still seems to be just as bad as the math says or even worse most of the time, that's just based of experience though.

lol theory fighter. sometimes you want to take a risk that will have great rewards if it works, but could have grave results if it fails. 1A for a RO for example.

i know how to play by the book and use uninterruptable frame traps and whatnot, but you need to have an unpredictable factor as well. a game like SC with its numerous TCs and TJs and tech step moves affords a more risky style of play.

A+B
-snip-
Is anyone in the here intressted in game theory btw?
-snip-

I'm interested in game theory. However, like KAB said, this game isn't as much of a BY THE BOOK game as most other FGs are. If you ask me Tekken is much more of a theory (and by this I mean theories that can be applied to the game) without it being as simple as paper rock scissors. Granted Tekken is a lot like paper rock scissors too, but I think the whole game theory can be applied in a more solid fashion in that game.

A:6
AA
66B/66B4
66AB/66AB4
PO BE
A+B
22/88 B
22/88 A
1K(its not a good move, but it is a useful tool for pretty much everyone lol)
KK/KKK/KK1K(I think these moves are really underrated, they only hit high, which sucks, but they come out quite quickly and get some nice damage in here and there, plus if your opponent isnt used to natsu you can end with 1k and go into FC A+B/ WR K setups)

[A+B4] - I use this move as my general purpose mid-range counterattack, stepkill or just simply to close the distance. The teleport at the end increases safety. Hands down my best move due to its many purposes, its great range and the sheer number of moves it can counterattack.

[66AB] - This is my approach move of choice. Safer than 66K, unlike 66B, it's virtually unsteppable, keeps the opponent stationary and is reasonably safe on block. Being able to delay the "B" or to be able to go into PO with 66AB4 improves its effectiveness.

[66K] - My midrange interrupt attack. I counter essentially everything with this move and it is great if your opponent only has about 30 HP left or less. Being -4 on hit however leads to weird mindgames. The opponent could 2A you for insignificant damage, but I usually expect that and block the counterattack, and counterattack back. Overall, the damage usually ends up in my favour.

[A:6] - Essentially the best punisher in the game, albeit one of the hardest to perform on the spot on reaction. With ground splat properties after 88B or 3B, the ability to chain it in wall splat comboes, or just to say "F U" to the opponent, A:6 is just crazy.

[AA6] - A really nice alternative to AAB due to the Throw/Mid mixup afterwards and subsequent mindgames.

[66B] - My mid to close range counterhit fishing tool, punishment against slow unsafe moves, or just plain pressure due to how relatively safe this move is on block. To up the ante, going into PO with 66B4 can defend against counterattacks (usually stepping attempts) and apply the usual PO mixups.

[2A+B] - Natsu's monster move. Practically guaranteed damage in okizeme (albeit very low if they don't tech), and leads to her most threatening comboes if there's a launch. If you can get your opponent to freeze up, you can sneak one in standing too (a lot of people duck for some reason lol).

[8A+B] - A surprisingly effective move. The Fog Blanket seems to get priority over about 90% of moves thrown at you and the opponent rarely seems to expect it. Naturally I use this for counterattacks, for close/mid range pressure thanks to the safety on block (or whiff!). I can even catch some tech with this move. The best part is that I rarely get punished for using this move.

[22A] - You need this move against opponents who have a powerful linear game. The built in sidestep and stun on hit works wonders.

[HOV A+B] -My special move! This is the third hit of 6B+KBBB, but I only use this move as a long range poke as opposed to staying in close like 6B+KBBB. I use this move to remind opponents that I can attack you at long range too. The guard gauge damage is great (though, don't BURST the gauge with it) and it can be tricky to counterattack due to its range.

Honourable mentions:

4B+K/B+K, 6A+B4, WR K, 6KA, 11A, 88KA, 4A+B6, HOV B, 11K/BT A+B, 66B BE, 66B+G

(I apologize for the length...)

[A+B4] - I use this move as my general purpose mid-range counterattack, stepkill or just simply to close the distance. The teleport at the end increases safety.
It's actually less safe if the opponent is expecting it. It does increase the range they have to swing to hit you, but longer range characters can punish you worse than just A+B.

It's actually less safe if the opponent is expecting it. It does increase the range they have to swing to hit you, but longer range characters can punish you worse than just A+B.

Yeah, that's the only worry about the move, that Seigfried (or NM or Astaroth for instance) can punish it badly. Against those characters, I usually would attempt A+B instead and try to anticipate the counter attack. It's similar to WR AAA4 & WR AAA, usage is to throw off the opponent's rhythm. I still think that A+B or A+B4 is Natsu's best move aside from maybe A:6 though.

Back