New Blazblue game! "Chrono Phantasma"

Does this Blazblue CS sequel interest you

• Hell yes!!!

Votes: 41 52.6%
  • lol no.

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • I might be interested, but I need more info.

Votes: 23 29.5%

• Total voters
I honestly thought this wouldn't happen until the final game.
BTW, am I weird for not wanting a playable Jubei? I'd rather have Phantom.
Nah, I feel the same. Or at least we're both weird. While I would like to see playable Jubei at some point I can kind of predict how Jubei will fight, but Phantom is a mystery.

Awesome they made Kokonoe a playable character! I bought Extend last year ago to get familiar with the game! Oh wait, I'm a 360 player!

v5AxDMG.gif

Awesome they made Kokonoe a playable character! I bought Extend last year ago to get familiar with the game! Oh wait, I'm a 360 player!

v5AxDMG.gif

Yeah PS3 exclusively, wtf right? I hope they get wise and port it to Xbox360, maybe because the Japanese community buys more BlazBlue games and more Japanese gamers own PS3s over an Xbox. Ahhh.... And I want HD FF10-2.

BBCP isn't on 360 because of sales, they said it. BB and Aksys games in general just don't sell well on 360, like half as much as PS3. And the 360 sells for EXTEND in general were so low that you can't even calculate them on a standard global scale.
CS sold more in the US on 360 than it did on PS3 though, however worldwide was the opposite. And in general the sales for all these games are just very low on consoles.
Going to 1 console makes sense, and going to the one they sell on also makes sense.

Also Kokonoe was bar-none the highest requested character to play is in BB since CT. Taking her this long to make it is crazy.
And unlike Junbei or Tao's sister, they're both already in the game in the form of Tao supers.

Yeah PS3 exclusively, wtf right? I hope they get wise and port it to Xbox360, maybe because the Japanese community buys more BlazBlue games and more Japanese gamers own PS3s over an Xbox. Ahhh.... And I want HD FF10-2.

Just get a PS3. I know exactly why it's a PS3 exclusive. 360 sells like ass in Japan. It's the same reason the new Guilty Gear is listed as a PS3 and PS4 game. Japan doesn't give a shit about the American console. Which is perfectly fine, because Microsoft doesn't give a shit about the Japanese market anymore, so the feeling is mutual.

On the topic of Kokonoe, I'm happy mah girl is finally playable, but I'm not shelling out extra for her. I'm waiting until BBCP:EX. They pulled a Capcom move, straight up, lol.

Japan doesn't give a shit about the American console. Which is perfectly fine, because Microsoft doesn't give a shit about the Japanese market anymore, so the feeling is mutual.

Not to start an argument, but that's incorrect, actually the PS4 is coming out in November for USA, but not coming out for japan until February 2014, because Sony is targeting the USA market even over their own country... xD So yeah, Sony does care about the US market.

But as for japanese style bullet hell games / anime fighters / japanese RPGs like Record of Agarest War, you're probably right... It sucks Agarest War 2 didn't even come out to europe and USA, maybe the first 2 Agarest Wars sold poor outside of Japan and they figured why bother? When I go on the JP marketplace I see tons of Japanese role playing games that only came out on Xbox360 Japan, or their sequels were PS3 exclusives.

A good thing about XB1 (and I think PS4) is at least the XB1 is finally going to be compatible with Japanese games... Assuming they even get ported to XB1, lol.

Not to start an argument, but that's incorrect, actually the PS4 is coming out in November for USA, but not coming out for japan until February 2014, because Sony is targeting the USA market even over their own country... xD So yeah, Sony does care about the US market.

But as for japanese style bullet hell games / anime fighters / japanese RPGs like Record of Agarest War, you're probably right... It sucks Agarest War 2 didn't even come out to europe and USA, maybe the first 2 Agarest Wars sold poor outside of Japan and they figured why bother? When I go on the JP marketplace I see tons of Japanese role playing games that only came out on Xbox360 Japan, or their sequels were PS3 exclusives.

A good thing about XB1 (and I think PS4) is at least the XB1 is finally going to be compatible with Japanese games... Assuming they even get ported to XB1, lol.
Sony is giving Japan a free game with the purchase of the PS4.... Also Agarest War 2 did come out in US.. on the PS3.

BBCP isn't on 360 because of sales, they said it. BB and Aksys games in general just don't sell well on 360, like half as much as PS3. And the 360 sells for EXTEND in general were so low that you can't even calculate them on a standard global scale.
CS sold more in the US on 360 than it did on PS3 though, however worldwide was the opposite. And in general the sales for all these games are just very low on consoles.
Going to 1 console makes sense, and going to the one they sell on also makes sense.

Yes this makes perfect sense
"Hey guys we dont sell that well so why dont we make it so that our sales can possibly go even smaller! Lets limit the amount of the people who will be willing to buy this! Who needs more money these days? NOT US LOL."
"
Am i the only one who sees the lack of logic here?

"Hey guys we dont sell that well so why dont we make it so that our sales can possibly go even smaller! Lets limit the amount of the people who will be willing to buy this! Who needs more money these days? NOT US LOL."
"
Making games costs money, even porting costs a lot of money. It makes perfect sense to skip a version if its most likely not going to sell well.

"

^ This man speaks the truth!

How much does porting a game from PS3 to Xbox honestly cost? After development costs, marketing costs, payroll costs... etc. You think even if they sold 70,000 copies on Xbox360 that's 70,000 extra units they sold they normally would not have.

I think BlazBlue CS Extend sold about 80,000 copies on PS3, and about 20,000 for Xbox360. BlazBlue CT and CS sold a lot better than CS Extend though. Calamity trigger sold 540,000 copies on the PS3, and 320,000 on the Xbox360. So the sales are comparable. It's just stupid not to port it.

Here's my personal experience with WHY Aksys games needs to work on this..... MARKETING and SUPPLY.

I wanted BlazBlue CS Extend, I went to Gamestop, they didn't have any... Zero. And I asked if they would be getting any more and they said "We don't think we'll be getting for a while, if ever."

So I went to Walmart to get BlazBlue CS Extend, and they didn't have any. I called up the Gamestop at the mall and they said they had 1 copy but sold it yesterday...

Finally 1 month later, I was in another city on vacation, I went to the mall with some friends. "Oh look! A Gamestop, let's see what they have..." So I go into the Gamestop, and BEHOLD! 1 last copy of BlazBlue CS extend! Collectors edition!

It took me 4 weeks to get CS Extend, it took me being in another city... But I finally got the last copy they had! Lmfao!

TL/DR: Their games would sell better if people could actually find them...

Japan attempted to adopt the 360 in the beginning of it's life and it just didn't work. The Japanese consumer base does NOT like the Xbox (ie Japan doesn't give a shit about the American console). So obviously the developers who DON'T pander to the west don't give a shit about the console either (Sony does pander to the west, obviously). They (japanese developers) tried to make games for the western console and got burned through lack of sales (doesn't help that a good amount of western gamers shit on japanese games in this era anyway). You can't blame them for saying "fuck it. forget it". I certainly don't. I like eastern games so I'm getting a PS4 at some point. And since I know Sony also panders to the west while Microsoft doesn't give a shit about the east, I'm getting the best of both worlds.

Back