[New England] Booze + Puritan Values

So whose like Sophie in this? Pyrrha? Anyone else have the game already? Thinking about streaming some of this game.

Most of us wont have it until at least the Monday Midnight release. I won't have it until Tuesday afternoon on my way home from work. I won't be making it out to Pixels not Bombs in Braintree today, either. If it wasnt single-elim I would, but that's just outside of Boston (2 hrs) for me with no match to fall back on. Good luck, Jon.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg863/sc...863&filename=94359351.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

So whose like Sophie in this? Pyrrha? Anyone else have the game already? Thinking about streaming some of this game.

Heya Will, the closest you'll find are Pyrrha and Omega Pyrrha. TAS B now belongs to Omega but don't count out regular Pyrrha yet as I'm unsure who has the faster punish game, mixup, and safety. From what I understand though, both are excellent characters and you won't go wrong with either.

Someone did post up that TAS B now is at least -13 on block which is now punishable by everyone even if it's just a K or and AA. There is a rumor that TAS B no longer stuns at tip so don't expect to get half bar meterless damage anymore :3

Hey about the TNT Pizza events... I want to leave some helpful advice. I used to run events on Long Island, NY, and I think my experiences and observations can help out the TNT Pizza events in the form of good advice.

So basically, when I lived on Long Island, I worked for an arcade/mini-golf/go-kart place called Castle Golf Amusements. (since taken over and renamed "Tiki Action Park", in case you try to look it up) I got the idea to run a weekly event for tournaments and casuals in many games. But what happened is that not many people came out, due to the fact that weekly small gatherings weren't worth people traveling. Which is completely understandable.

Then I thought to maybe alternate games each week and have a week that focuses on 2D fighters and then the next week would be 3D fighters. In a sense, this would be like a bi-weekly event since most people don't care about both 2D and 3D fighters and would choose to only go to the event that actually has the games they care for. This got a little bit better, but still wasn't turning up great results.

So then finally I decided to turn the whole thing into one monthly event... and viola! We're in business! In the first monthly event, we had 40 - 50 players, and would go on to keep that pace going for the following monthlys. (I think the lowest was like 30)

So what I'm saying is that I think you should contemplate the idea of running your event monthly if you want a bigger turn out. People would be more willing to travel for a monthly. Including me. It would be tough for me to travel all the way to MA for a weekly, but I would certainly be way more willing to do it for a monthly. And I don't think I'm the only person who is thinking this way.

I know you probably had your hopes up for consistent action so if you really want you can also try running weekly casuals and then a monthly tournament, but I think the people who are able to regularly come out for the weeklys might burn their money too fast and be a little cautious about spending money at the monthly.

Whatever you do, good luck! Take my advice or don't, I won't be offended either way. I'll try to make it out there whenever I can. Hope to see you all soon!

Cla - hello and welcome to you as well. As far as VT/NH players go, you are the first player from VT to post on this board afaik. There was a dedicated player from NH though, and his name is HervE (anybody heard from him?!) . However, if you can use this forum, our Facebook page, and our Twiiter feed (see my sig for links) to help cultivate a scene out there, then I'm sure some of us could come meet you halfway somewhere or even travel to VT for an event. I really hope to see a scene develop in VT, it only makes New England stronger as a region.
If I can get in touch with this HervE I'll see if we can work together to get a consistent scene going. And I don't think I stressed this enough, but it's my intention to help kick-start the scene by running events that include as many games as possible. Stick to the basic goal of getting as many people into one place at the same time as possible. Goddard College is an excellent venue for an event of this size, but I am definitely open to the idea of other venues if they would produce better results. (ie closer to more people, better room arrangement etc)

Hey I started a New England thread on SRK, so get in there and get people talking about this area!

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-england-ct-ma-me-nh-ri-vt.153637/

Unless someone already made a thread there for this area (yes I tried searching and couldn't seem to find one), in which case I feel like a douche.
The Game Underground thread isn't exactly for NE, it's for Massachusetts, but it might be a good idea to just throw the rest of NE in there.

Double posting like a fucking champ.

So, the time has just about come for us all to whip out our members and dance around like we just hit a million dollar scratch ticket. I've been thinking: we ought to do this first BONE old-school. I propose after all is said and done with both the main tourney and the rookie tourney (remember you can't enter if you've won an event before), we should get all the side stuff out of the way (money matches or whatever) and head somewhere to grab some food and drink. Even if it's just a few of us, I have very fond memories of Outback Steakhouse, BBC, and other places after monthlies at GU. If any of you are interested, we should hit that up. If not, fuck it, we can just stay and play casuals. It's a new game so I know people will want to get exposed to as many other players as possible. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

I very much like the fact that this is going to be a SCV exclusive event.

So does anyone know the results of Pixels not Bombs?

Nightblade - I'm always down for post BONE feasts and casuals, I just have to get on the road back home at a reasonable hour because of work.

@Cla: You provide valid points but we need to test the waters first and then we'll work our way from there. It is a matter of experimentation whether we'll get the numbers for this to be worth it. We're not expecting a fuckton of people. We just want a generalized meeting ground for people to play games in the area. But, if we can't get consistency, we'll look at less frequent options. In the meantime, we'll keep running weekly casuals and monthly tournaments. Real talk though, thank you for your input. It helps to have someone who has experience in the matter to lend some advice. Also, there isn't a New England thread on SRK but each state in New England does have their own thread.

So far, we have a few copies of SC5 for 360 in the area so we'll have a few 360 setups. If whoever decides to come down wants to play on PS3, you're more than welcome to bring a PS3 setup (or a PS3 copy of the game since I'll have an available PS3). So remember, this Wednesday will be our first casual event which we affectionately called it "Western Mass Impact". We'll also be running other fighters as well like SSF4AE, UMvC3, KOF13, and MK9. Anymore details, check out our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/264067393663787/

So, I was just browsing tweets on the @NE_SoulCalibur account, and I came across this disturbing tweet from France's Hayate (@Hayate_SoulFR) :

"@Daishi_CALIBUR how we can contact Namco to report about FuzzyGuard bug, and some whiff bug?"

Does anyone with the game know anything about anything like this?

Game was patched this morning, lol.

I was surprised. Bug seems to still work, but... less consistently? It's weird.

Kona, good luck with the events. I kinda just realized that with the place being a restaurant, it probably wouldn't work out too well to have the place loaded with dozens of people anyway. But I think you are in a good location to have consistent weeklys so I have faith it will work out as you originally hoped.

Alright so I'm starting to get the ball rolling for the rest of NE. I got people from MA on SRK who are showing interest in my monthlys. And after doing some research, I'm liking the idea of running my events at Hotel Coolidge in White River Junction, VT. It's literally right next to an Amtrak stop, and I think it's going to be relatively easy enough for the rest of NE to drive if they wanted to. (compared to more north like Goddard College or Comfort Inn anyway)

Kona, good luck with the events. I kinda just realized that with the place being a restaurant, it probably wouldn't work out too well to have the place loaded with dozens of people anyway. But I think you are in a good location to have consistent weeklys so I have faith it will work out as you originally hoped.

Alright so I'm starting to get the ball rolling for the rest of NE. I got people from MA on SRK who are showing interest in my monthlys. And after doing some research, I'm liking the idea of running my events at Hotel Coolidge in White River Junction, VT. It's literally right next to an Amtrak stop, and I think it's going to be relatively easy enough for the rest of NE to drive if they wanted to. (compared to more north like Goddard College or Comfort Inn anyway)

I'm up near the NH border, google maps tells me white river junction is a good hour and 45mins; I'd come down at some point if you get something going, also because I like Vermont.

I'm up near the NH border, google maps tells me white river junction is a good hour and 45mins; I'd come down at some point if you get something going, also because I like Vermont.
Ah! My family lives near there, haha. We can go visit Quechee Gorge! :D

Back