New Namco IP to be shown at Gamescom 2016

• Admin
For those who don't know, Gamescom is an event similar to E3 where developers showcase their new video games. The event takes place in Cologne, Germany on August 18-21. A link to their website will be available below. Please note that tickets are currently sold out if you were planning on attending.

Bandai Namco will be presenting three different titles at this year's Gamescom. PS4Germany recently tweeted out that their titles will be Tekken 7, Xenoverse 2, and a new IP. Could this IP be the game we all know and love? We'll find out as time goes on.

Sources:
http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/gamescom/index-9.php

Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
I think its still too early and takes some steam away from the Tekken 7 news. But who knows

The series will be renamed Soul Slayer, which will be the name of the third legendary weapon in the story, hence the 'new IP'

And Harada is pretending he knows nothing about Soulcalibur at Comic-Con... Don't know why, but this does not bode well...

It would make sense for them to wait until T7 is out to announce SCVI..but god, that'll be terrible for us.
We've already waited enough, but to wait til 2017 just for the announcement?...

And Harada is pretending he knows nothing about Soulcalibur at Comic-Con... Don't know why, but this does not bode well...
This actually may be very good news. I mean, lets be honest, why would he not simply say its not Soul Calibur if it wasn't? There is no point in making a mystery about Soul Calibur if it isn't Soul Calibur, he'd just say: "Its not SC, guys". Also, this thing about IP, "SCVI" doesn't exist, so its a new IP.

This actually may be very good news. I mean, lets be honest, why would he not simply say its not Soul Calibur if it wasn't? There is no point in making a mystery about Soul Calibur if it isn't Soul Calibur, he'd just say: "Its not SC, guys". Also, this thing about IP, "SCVI" doesn't exist, so its a new IP.
Well, it happened many times before: they didn't say anything about something that could be SC, and it never was Soulcalibur.

They've been making mysteries for the past year (more or less), to get nothing in the end. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'd rather expect disappointment and be wrong than hype all over the place to get disappointed :D

We'll find out in some hours!

And for the last time: an "IP" does not concern a sequel, from the first to the umpteenth, Soulcalibur is one and only IP. You can check! Only Soulcalibur is registered, not SC2, SC3 etc. however SCLS, Legends and US are registered because they are new IPs.

Last edited:
I'll brace myself for disappointment.
Since I don't expect SC6 to be shown until next year, I was hoping we'd see at least a remaster of SC3 or SC4 this year. TGS 2016 is probably gonna be the last opportunity to see such a thing.

Live streams

8 Viewers
SavageDrumming
SavageDrumming
Rift Losses XD [1688/2000] ~ !youtube !discord
1 Viewers
ApolloXXXCreed
ApolloXXXCreed
[EN] [XBOX] for one to gain another has to lose /Grinding...

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back