New PS3 System Update

Bootyclap

[09] Warrior
There was a new system update that we did today. And for some reason it deleted all my SCIV data, but nothing else. I had 300 plus hours on the game, I lost all my costumes, which I worked really hard on, liked a lot and don't think I could recreate again perfectly. Of course all my honors, gear, everything. I have to go buy the new characters again, and go get SCIV money which takes forever to get cuz they only give you like 100,000 bucks for each thing you do and everything is like 300,000 bucks to buy. I'm really pissed off and sad that I lost all this data, that I worked really hard on. I know costumes dont affect your gameplay, but I liked using mine more than the fugly originals and made me feel cool in a way. Anybody else's date get corrupted? I think it's because I left the game in during the system update, so to save you guys, TAKE ALL GAME DISCS OUT DURING SYSTEM UPDATE, FOR RISK OF LOSING MEMORY.

New System Update

Wait, a new SC4 update or a new S3 update? If it's an SC4 thing this thread should get moved to the SC Forum.

New System Update

Man, that sucks. I didn't even know about that...

I've never had that problem, though. I always have a disc in my PS3 when downloading system updates.

New System Update

I think he means PS3 firmware update, 2.53 was released yesterday or something? I updated just fine no lost data nothing.

New System Update

He must be talking about the PS3 system update. A pretty useless one too...But man that sucks it deleted your save.

All it did for me was fuck up their really good internet browser.
Hangs and slowdown all over in there.

New System Update

He must be talking about the PS3 system update. A pretty useless one too...But man that sucks it deleted your save.

Useless? Hardly. It fixes the freezing issues we were getting from checking mail in-game on the XMB Menu.

That happened far too often with me in SCIV, so I'm glad we finally got an update which fixed that nonsense. As for the corrupted data issue though..I can't say I've ever experienced that before, actually. I always have a game in my PS3.

All I can say is..it sucks that it had to happen to you, but let's hope that it turns out to be just a really rare case and won't happen to many other people.

Back