New SCV CRITICAL GAUGE / METER - Information and Discussion

Yeah but I think Siegfried's CE is underpowered. Did you see how much damage it did? It is probably the weakest so far.
Yeah,but maybe is easy to put in combo or have something good

Take SF4, Ryu's Ultra1 as damage is one of the weakest of the game, but due his combo options and influence on the match gameplay still it's seen as one of(if not THE) best Ultras in the game

In SSF4 they introduced 2nd Ultra2 and Ryu get one of the most powerfull of the game, but way less versatile... result a good 70-80% of players still chose U1

It could be a decent long range answer against a zoning character like Ivy or Kilik (if they decide to bring him back) so he can take advantage of the knockdown and move into range.

Or something like that. I dig it

Lets see here...

Siggy - Raises his sword up high and stabs it into the ground. A line of crystals burst from the ground
Mitsu - Flames roar, he primes his katana, followed by a uppercut and a downward slash.

Cool moves.

The graphical elements of his CE looks like it spreads outward as it moves, so maybe it gets harder to step the further away you are. Plus it looks like anything putting you on the ground could leaded to a unavoidable CE from him. And that push seems huge.

Yeah,but maybe is easy to put in combo or have something good

Take SF4, Ryu's Ultra1 as damage is one of the weakest of the game, but due his combo options and influence on the match gameplay still it's seen as one of(if not THE) best Ultras in the game

In SSF4 they introduced 2nd Ultra2 and Ryu get one of the most powerfull of the game, but way less versatile... result a good 70-80% of players still chose U1
True. Perhaps you are right. Maybe it's for combo use.

Original post edited.

I notice you gain a little meter from breaking a throw.

I find this interesting.

You misunderstand.

GI's have become more powerful, but now they will be very infrequent since they cost meter. AND you can no longer have epic Guard Impact clashes back and forth and back and forth...

They need to bring back the SC1 GI system with 6G/3G & 4G/1G with no meter requirements.

You misunderstand.

GI's have become more powerful, but now they will be very infrequent since they cost meter. AND you can no longer have epic Guard Impact clashes back and forth and back and forth...

They need to bring back the SC1 GI system with 6G/3G & 4G/1G with no meter requirements.
I have seen at least three people(Seigfried, Zwei, and Hilde) with useful aGI so far that do not require meter to do so it now adds an extra layer of tactics to consider.

It's seems like all timings for throw break take damage...yeah!!!

As far the meter goes, it's all over the place. You almost can never be without meter, doesn't really look like a deep system as much as it is gimicky.

Easy to gain easy to spend. At least meter management won't distract me from thinking about the actual match.

I understand just fine, I just have no problem with the system changes. I actually prefer the new GI over the old.

I don't. Because now GI's must be saved and used infrequently. I used to use GI all the time, as did some of the other player used to fight with at home and at the arcade. There can no longer be "Guard Impact Wars" ... It takes meter so you can't dish them out freely and GI back and forth and back and forth...

Once, in the arcade (SC2) I (Kilik) and a skilled Nightmare player did 37 GI's in a row... And that was against highs, mids, lows, fake out, hold/charge moves, lows, auto-GI... everything. And this was not some kind of "set up" -- it was a duel to the death. In the end, I made the 37th GI and landed the first hit, winning the Guard Impact War... Although I still lost the match. lol X

Now amazing memories like those will be impossible to reproduce. GI's should be free of meter restrictions.

Also, if you break a throw normal/fast you should NOT take damage.

I for one will not miss "Guard Impact Wars", because honestly, at the point where you learn post-GI mixups, and know that throws are un-GIable, it shouldn't go on longer than 2-3 impacts. They are superfluous, for that reason.

Throw break damage on any is an excellent little way to discourage passive defense. You could've TC'd. You could've TJ'd. You could've attacked. You could've spaced better. Consider the damage as a "surcharge" for using a throwbreak.

-Idle

I for one will not miss "Guard Impact Wars", because honestly, at the point where you learn post-GI mixups, and know that throws are un-GIable, it shouldn't go on longer than 2-3 impacts. They are superfluous, for that reason.

Throw break damage on any is an excellent little way to discourage passive defense. You could've TC'd. You could've TJ'd. You could've attacked. You could've spaced better. Consider the damage as a "surcharge" for using a throwbreak.

-Idle

Idle: I am quite upset that you can't GI throws. Beig unable to GI throws is yet another restraint on the free flow of Guard Impacts that was possible in Soul Calibur 1,2,3.

My only problem with new GI is the imput 4ABK for a GI is just retard,6G was fine

I get that they do this because now it burn meter,but if you do a unintentional GI is your damn fault (and anyway if i've understand right GI don't burn meter if don't effectively counter something... somebody can confirm?)

About throw break i completely agree with Idle

Back