Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

You could try confirming in training mode first instead of doubting the data we've accumulated. I've reconfirmed it in training mode myself just now that it breaks in 8 still.

The guard break data for BB can't be right. Breaks in 8? I don't think so. I read that here and started spamming that shit hard all over XBL... it was definitely not breaking anyone's guard that fast.

Yeah, I can also confirm it breaks in 8.

Try testing it for yourself.

Lots of avoidable strings break crazy fast, simply because they're avoidable and punishable. Aeon's BBB breaks in 6, but it's also death on guard.

I would assume the major source of guard damage from Nightmare's BB would be the second hit, which can stepped(?) or JGed.
Kappa

I would assume the major source of guard damage from Nightmare's BB would be the second hit, which can stepped(?) or JGed.

Kappa
I believe so if the first hit is blocked or JGed, but you have to haul ass to take advantage of it.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to test the frames on CH for moves, seems like in SCV the only thing that changes on CH are the addition of stuns or launches.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to test the frames on CH for moves, seems like in SCV the only thing that changes on CH are the addition of stuns or launches.

Actually, though it isn't as common as it was in SC4, there are some instances where CH gives more plus frames without a stun.

For an example right off the top of my head, Tira's GS 3A. Its -4 on NH, but +6 on CH.

Besides, I like to be thorough.

Has anyone else ever had an opponent randomly teleport towards the center of the ring after getting wallsplatted into a breakable window by B+G?

I'd like to point everyone's attention towards the sexiest wiki on the site, http://8wayrun.com/wiki/nightmare-frame-data-sc5/

Every frame is now accounted for. Its not 100% (still need to redo the guard burst data and add notes and update damage), but its at 90% or so.

Its so beautiful.
BibleThump.jpg

Last edited:
I had Dampierre AC out of 33bA+B+K ~ 4BB twice tonight. I didn't notice anything abnormal, I just hit him with a CH and he completely avoided the 4BB. Is there some kind of situation where this is supposed to happen?

Yea. 33Bbe->4BB is a combo.

There are three situations I can think of:
1) 4BB can not connect to this combo after only the 2nd hit of 33Bbe hits.
2) 4BDelayB is a "ground hit -> tech trap" after a completed 33Bbe hits. However, if the last B timing is not correct, the last B can be tech-rolled out of it.
3) Probably character specific. I haven't tested it, but chance is low.

I had Dampierre AC out of 33bA+B+K ~ 4BB twice tonight. I didn't notice anything abnormal, I just hit him with a CH and he completely avoided the 4BB. Is there some kind of situation where this is supposed to happen?

It could be 33B BE hitting off axis or something, which makes the 4BB miss for some reason. I don't think you can AC after it anyways.

Back