Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

Thanks for the 2B+K BE breakdown. I'm kinda lost when it comes to his okizeme now that 3B doesn't track rollers anymore. I found "33B tracks your right and if they try to roll then block immediately it will launch" to be interesting. The ground options have changed quite a bit.

On another topic: NM has pretty good range options. 3AA is quite safe at tip range, and GS B without the transition is quite safe as well.

Topic 3: for the 33B BE, whenever you press A+B+K is when the BE yellow glow animation appears, so you can mask whether 33B is a BE or not by pressing A+B+K as late as possible.

rather new to SC here and i only play Nightmare and i'm trying my best to learn combos and what not but it seems like against any faster character even if its just siegfried im heavily pressured on options the longest combo i can even do is 236B (6)B (6)kBE !W 4KK 4kBE during hit B(just) 2A+B any tips on how to set up combos or even get out of a pressure situation?

rather new to SC here and i only play Nightmare and i'm trying my best to learn combos and what not but it seems like against any faster character even if its just siegfried im heavily pressured on options the longest combo i can even do is 236B (6)B (6)kBE !W 4KK 4kBE during hit B(just) 2A+B any tips on how to set up combos or even get out of a pressure situation?

3K is your best anti pressure poke imo. mid, fast, and beats step. A+B can also work against a lot of things. 6K is fast and good on CH but high

So what is the best move to create an amount of space big enough to backdash? I'm sick of Pyrrah & Pat being in my face.

Hi

I have some question about Nightmare move:
The moves A+B and his Critical Edge can impact which kind of move and how many impact frame they have ?

I figured it's worth mentioning that agA and ag:A both connect at the beginning of the round unless they crouch or backstep. Fun little opening gamble to discourage rushdown.
Hi
The moves A+B and his Critical Edge can impact which kind of move and how many impact frame they have ?
I think they both impact everything but CEs and throws.

Hi

I will take a closer look at this when I get home, but for now you can think of it like this:

Light attacks
Medium Attacks
Heavy attacks

A+B repels Light and medium but falls to heavy attacks

CE repels all attacks except for CE and throws

The impact frame is fairly quick on both of them, but i dont have the data. My guess is about 6 frames on both before repel starts.

One question about 4 a+b. What exactly is it's use? I notice that you can cancel it but what is it used for?

One question about 4 a+b. What exactly is it's use? I notice that you can cancel it but what is it used for?
Mind-****ing your opponent. It doesn't work on everyone and sometimes it can even telegraph your next play. But some people see fire and they panic. It's also great for baiting your opponent and reading them easier. Slow unblockable attacks like those rarely hit, but the intention is to make the opponent do something, or else.

Mind-****ing your opponent. It doesn't work on everyone and sometimes it can even telegraph your next play. But some people see fire and they panic. It's also great for baiting your opponent and reading them easier. Slow unblockable attacks like those rarely hit, but the intention is to make the opponent do something, or else.
I see. Most of the time i just throw it out during their ukemi, cancel it then throw aga, 1a, 3b, or whatever else i can think of.

I see. Most of the time i just throw it out during their ukemi, cancel it then throw aga, 1a, 3b, or whatever else i can think of.
Sounds like you have the right idea. Dont forget about your trusty grapples too. punish those assholes for turtling :)

I will take a closer look at this when I get home, but for now you can think of it like this:

Light attacks
Medium Attacks
Heavy attacks

A+B repels Light and medium but falls to heavy attacks

A+B will counter non-low moves below 30 points of damage, there may be some exceptions like moves that go into attack throws, or moves higher than 30 damage activating it.

A+B counters high-mid moves below 25 dmg
it even works on classic 3B launcher
there are some exception like NM's 33B even if it deals 24 dmg (maybe because of the 8 dmg when they hit the ground)

atm i am doing a full list of block/JG + punish/duck/jump/step/gi/CE for every moves of every characters + transitions (1-2 char per day)
and i am also testing A+B for every move, so we ll soon get a complete list

A+B counters high-mid moves below 25 dmg
it even works on classic 3B launcher
there are some exception like NM's 33B even if it deals 24 dmg (maybe because of the 8 dmg when they hit the ground)

atm i am doing a full list of block/JG + punish/duck/jump/step/gi/CE for every moves of every characters + transitions (1-2 char per day)
and i am also testing A+B for every move, so we ll soon get a complete list

Do you need any help?

Back