Nightmare Help

4B isn't 100% useless. It has good SG (finishes in 10 i believe) and.... that's about it. Unless you're trying to troll your friends, the only real set up I can remember off the top of my head is after FCB+G. Its a force block afterwards, either they block it or they eat oki.

Still, I can't help shouting "Fore!" every time I actually manage to land it.

VS Setsuka:

I'm sure Engared will help you here, but you HAVE to have good anti-Sets to win. Know to step to her left, duck her obvious stuff like 66ba, punish her shit like bA (you get a free a+k), and mixup after blocking 33B. You're going to have to play it safe, and you'll probably eat a CF, but it isn't too complicated. Just be ready to eat several umbrellas.

4B isn't 100% useless. It has good SG (finishes in 10 i believe) and.... that's about it. Unless you're trying to troll your friends, the only real set up I can remember off the top of my head is after FCB+G. Its a force block afterwards, either they block it or they eat oki.

VS Setsuka:

I'm sure Engared will help you here, but you HAVE to have good anti-Sets to win. Know to step to her left, duck her obvious stuff like 66ba, punish her shit like bA (you get a free a+k), and mixup after blocking 33B. You're going to have to play it safe, and you'll probably eat a CF, but it isn't too complicated. Just be ready to eat several umbrellas.

thank you so far my buddy has been killing me with he gets all her JFs its annoying...

thank you so far my buddy has been killing me with he gets all her JFs its annoying...

Her JFs aren't TOO hard to handle.

If you're really pro, you can step 1BB or GI when you see a flash.

Punish agB like crazy, since its -23.

Umbrella is -22.

FC3B:B can be GId like 1BB when you see the flash and you might be able to step it, Im not sure.

BTB+K:B can be GId, and its -16. The pushback is makes it tough to punish though.

1A:A:A us the one that is a bitch. If you really try, you can see it, but its still hard to react to. Just get into the habit of twitch ducking, and if you block it, punish it with 3B or 33B, since its also -23.

VS Setsuka:

I have limited experience vs a Sets but i can tell you one thing; don't duck... and step the shit out of her. Its 6:4 in her favor.

well hi guys im new but i main night on sc4 and plan 2 on sc5 aswell just sayin hi and any tips on getting aga just consistant also how do u guys break throws so easily i know how but how do u know which button to press is it just a guess ?

well hi guys im new but i main night on sc4 and plan 2 on sc5 aswell just sayin hi and any tips on getting aga just consistant also how do u guys break throws so easily i know how but how do u know which button to press is it just a guess ?

to break throws easily hold guard and mash either A or B. you won't attack by accident as long as you are holding guard

As for which throw to break, it's in the situation. For example, Nightmare's A throw does nice damage and leaves the opponent on the ground in close range to apply more pressure, whereas his B throw does less damage and puts the opponent further away. So in normal situations, NM players will throw A more often. However, if NM's back is to the edge, then throwing B will Ring Out, so you can expect a B throw in those situations.

So learn which character's throws do what, and then read the situations in battle.

Generally playstyles going from Offline to Online only translate about half way in SC4. Your reaction is based on offline, with lag online, you can get smacked around until you figure out what kind of lag you're dealing with. Keep with the fundamentals, move, attack, block. Don't try to go for anything massive like a 4A+B or anything of the sort, since that'll just get you punished with a stick up your ass.

Back