Nightmare Video Thread

Looking at Keev's matches, does anyone know what he's doing to stop people from interrupting his 22AA6 mixup on block? I noticed he usually whiffed the first hit into GS, but I feel that you could still 2A on reaction.

Its very difficult to 2A on reaction I find. Especially if you are trying to JG the second hit of 22AA or something. Doesn't GS A catch 2A from that transition though?

Looking at Keev's matches, does anyone know what he's doing to stop people from interrupting his 22AA6 mixup on block? I noticed he usually whiffed the first hit into GS, but I feel that you could still 2A on reaction.

keev sure uses 66K/66K6 a lot vs Asta.
vs Kayane....that sucked when he lost a round cause he hit her with 1aK while she was jumping but didn't do the GS K BE for the RO...
interesting that he used 4K to guard burst vs the omega pyrrha

as for 22AA6 when the first hit whiffs....yeah they could 2A if they are in range....or just mash something out and hurt him bad.

Doesn't GS A catch 2A from that transition though?

no, I dunno why you'd even think that lol

keev sure uses 66K/66K6 a lot vs Asta.
vs Kayane....that sucked when he lost a round cause he hit her with 1aK while she was jumping but didn't do the GS K BE for the RO...
interesting that he used 4K to guard burst vs the omega pyrrha

as for 22AA6 when the first hit whiffs....yeah they could 2A if they are in range....or just mash something out and hurt him bad.

no, I dunno why you'd even think that lol

GS A catchs all sorts of tech crouching stuff now which didn't work in SC4 heh.

Maybe most 2A and 1K tech crouch windows have later startup now, so GS A and the second hit of 22AA is discouraging them.

After watching the GF for MLG, RTD was punishing each 22A whiff with Natu's A+B, so its is pretty likely the french can do it as well. But why not? =/

I used random recording to test this for myself once and for all (with first hit on block). Mixup recording of 22AA with 22AA6 GS K. I also tried empty GS and GS A. GS K is the hardest thing to beat with 2A here but it is still possible on reaction. In match play it would be difficult to do without a lot of practice (imo) but there is a definite tell that he is going to GS. Look at how he swings the trail on his sword up all crazy behind him when he does the GS cancel and that's the cue to 2A him.

Otherwise, going for a high damage reverse mixup is a good way to deal with this. If you think they are going to do the GS cancel just throw out a gigantic launcher. Yes, GS A will generally GI a "gigantic launcher" but it does shitty damage and normally if someone does 22AA6 they are going to go for GS B or an empty GS mixup anyway, both of which lose to gigantic launcher.

I think you can also option select JG_2A on reaction but didn't play any NM so it's just a theory from practice mode.

This does not seem to work as an option select. By the time you can JG the 22AA it is already too late to interrupt his GS K. Now, as I said above, you can indeed react to the GS...so you could, in super theory fighter, react to 2A the GS if you see the cancel, and otherwise go for the JG (which timing wise is after the required 2A reaction point by a significant amount of time).

Hi, im new to this forum and im kinda new to the game although i have played soul calbiur 4 but i thought i'd post some of my videos, they are all mostly against nooby people but its videos lol.

Random Online Nightmare Fights 1

Random Online Nightmare Fights 2

Random Online Nightmare Fights 3

I know im not that great but im still learning lol.

My internet is a little slow at the moment - did anyone actually trouble Keev, or did he just crush his way through?

hey guys, here is a vid of the last torney here in DR, this is me against a pretty solid Pyrrha player (Mess), in winners finals.

(lol for that random 2A+B, i pressed the L2 trigger by mistake, where i bind A+B, those L2, R2 triggers are so sensitive)

My internet is a little slow at the moment - did anyone actually trouble Keev, or did he just crush his way through?
From what we saw on Stream only Kayane gave him the most trouble other than that he had it pretty easy until RTD but he still won =]

RTD vs Keev shows a ton of NM ignorance. I mean if you pay attention it's all over the place. When I played RTD he just runaway all day, sometime rushing in and poking with Natsu's prepatch damage. Close quarters though it shows that he lacked key NM knowledge.

I mean just at the end there he tries to punish NM's wrB with AAB. And eating WRB GSKBE. People aren't doing their homework. And you guys shouldn't help them either get your free wins.

I am sure everyone here is working their butts off to learn match-ups. This NM stuff seems pretty academic. The character can't be placed on pedestal simply out of ignorance.

hey guys, here is a vid of the last torney here in DR, this is me against a pretty solid Pyrrha player (Mess), in winners finals.

(lol for that random 2A+B, i pressed the L2 trigger by mistake, where i bind A+B, those L2, R2 triggers are so sensitive)
Did you win?

Not sure if this is only works against algol but i'll figure out the reason.

Air hit Critical Edge will leave the opponent ground-stunned long enough for a free combo (GS-K~BE) follow-up. Tech Left or Right will not be possible after air-hit CE.

Same goes for the second combo (2A+B Is a Free Follow-up). second combo works on all Gi'd air attacks.

Combo Potential at its peak!

Back