Nightmare's Movelist Changes and Move Speculation Thread

King, 66B+K is still in there, still done the same way. Not sure why you haven't been able to find/perform it. I've already used it in mixups online as well.

His grab range did take a small hit, but damn if his WR A doesn't have a freakishly insane range.

Not sure if GS K BE leaves you at advantage, but it sure seems like it. Been able to throw out wild 3Bs and have them land before most people could counter attack a blocked BE.

So far in my online play I have been reserving stock for GS K BE
even when they block it seems that nightmare still has advantage, so fishing for a CH 6K after seems like a solid string.

I'm curious about the overall frame data though.

The GA hit of GS K BE is a high. I wouldn't recommend using it like that against a competent opponent because it's rather easy to duck and punish. Also, I had some Mare mirrors online yesterday with another good Nightmare player and he threw out a 4KK BE and I was able to block the first hit and then duck the second and punish with WR B~NSS a:B, kinda ridiculous imo. So the only real thing worth spending meter on is GS K BE for wall-combos/ROs and 33B BE for whiff-punishment. I still cannot find any use for 2B+K BE since it's frustratingly easy to react to and the same goes for 4KK BE :/

Also, has anyone discovered any ability to "get creative" on the wall? It just seems like there's only one wall-combo and the length depends on how much meter you've got, kinda lame lol.

Also, has anyone discovered any ability to "get creative" on the wall? It just seems like there's one wall-combo and the length depends on how much meter you've got, kinda lame lol.

I've got some different things I've been doing on the wall. I haven't thoroughly tested everything, but a lot of it seems to be legit.

This basic combo is good for damage and will get you meter in return.

1A6/66A6 > GS K BE > w! > 4KK > w! > iWR (B) > NSS A+B > 2A+B (147)

However you can do this combo and end with 2 different results as well.

1A6/66A6 > GS K BE > w! > delay 4KK > w! > iA+G (127)

If you don't delay the 4KK you get a pick with A+G, no damage, but can mixup from there. They will still be between you and the wall and they are forced to take a mix up. If you do delay A+G combos, then you can do a dash grab and the grab will catch left and right techs and send damage up into 180's. Of course grab can be broken. Once again though, they will still be in a tough place between you and the wall.

Also, I think you can trap with 2[K] anytime after the 4KK part of the combo. Haven't thoroughly tested this but I've caught multiple people with this, online mind you. It looks like the window to escape is pretty narrow. After 2(K), 11B catches left tech and you can combo into 2A+B and makes for a delightful end to a very nasty series for your opponent. 1A catches right tech after 2(K).

So there's some variety. Whether you want damage/meter or mixup. Thoughts?

NH 66K does wallsplat
-66K {!W}, WS B, NSS A+B, 2A+B
-66K6 {!W}, GS B, iaga (possible to get another wallsplat)

Nightmare feels significantly worse in this game but that might just be because I'm not used to his changes yet.

But anyway, I do think a lot of what made him a rushdown monster is gone. He just doesn't have as many aggressive options, going by a cursory rundown of his movelist.

Nightmare feels significantly worse in this game but that might just be because I'm not used to his changes yet.

But anyway, I do think a lot of what made him a rushdown monster is gone. He just doesn't have as many aggressive options, going by a cursory rundown of his movelist.

I think he is much better in this game. You will see why after you get used to him and learn his potential. He is a DEMONNNN with meter!

There seems we can deal more dmg with NSS ibA if we get a clean hit, dont really understand what the conditions are (it is as random as getting a clean hit with CE for 200dmg), but maybe someone out there is knowledgeable about this matter

Damage increase examples:
NSS ibA 52 dmg -> 65 dmg
WS B, NSS ibA 58 dmg -> 69 dmg
3B, NSS ibA 73 dmg -> 84 dmg
6K 18 dmg -> 22 dmg

Edit:
when you get a "clean hit" a small light bulb pop coming from your chest and if you are in training mode the dmg info will be red like a CH

a clean hit was something that PS put on certain moves to encourage their use. It just randomly does increased damage.

I tried the pokes, not totally sure about the frames but it looks like that to me

K
i13, +2 on hit, +2 on CH

i14, +4 on hit, KND

3K is so much better now
i15, +2 on hit, +2 on CH
tracks left and right

Back