Nightmare's Movelist Changes and Move Speculation Thread

can anyone confirmed that NM lost GS (B) transition into NSS ?

same for 3B2B6 transition into GS ?

Yeah, I can. I've tried and tried, but they just don't seem to be there. They aren't listed in the movelist, either.

I'll try and make a video whenever I can.

+1 is still useless
does a:G+A with +10 on block exists?

a:G+A and it's variations are gone.

There is only the agA version. There is a fastest input version and a normal version. Not sure what the frame difference is between them, if there is any.

Just got the game yesterday.....

will give more input later on... all I can say for now GS B despite losing NSS transition... it's ok... it's probably one of the most buffed moves.

iagA hits differently compared to regular agA...

trying to get used to the overall game...

so far my first impression of the game and NM is he's at best mid tier...
CE is crappier than I thought it would be... and potentially might be among the crappiest one if i'm correct with the fact that the auto-GI at the beginning have a semi-slow start up time making it near impossible to use it on reaction to moves... so you pretty much can only use it if you read your opponent attacking and manage to GI it... 80% version will never hit anyone who's been hit with it once... or seen it hit on someone once.

hopefully will get to play more today and give a better impression

-LAU

11A is sick. Sickest move so far for me. I am loving it, simply because I am surprised it isn't a high.

Biggest WTFs

66K and 6B being punishable on block.
3A2A GS transition removed.

66K was punishable on block in SC4
3A2A transition to GS removing ..... dont understand why they removed that -__-

11A seems pretty good, dont know how is it on block

11A has some nice tech trap opportunity actually. try 1A and 1B as followups you may like what you find

(Warning im typing with phone so typos alert)

Manage to get some time to play NM today and heres my day 2 tips and comments

If you guys are doing lengendary soul mode..... NM is a decent choice manage to finish it in 22 mins its not awesome but from what ive been hearing thats decent for day 1/2

The tip is to try to do gs b6 repeat over and over and occasionally gs a if you sense they are.gonna retaliate.... ideally you want to do reverse gs b where they have to.chase after you i think aside from the long range characters everyone else cant beat it.... regular forward gs b is really to achieve guard crush so you can follow it up with gs b6 gs b6 gs k BE....1k spam against close range also helps

His combos and tech.traps are there.... theres a crap load of tech traps i havent fully tested if they work on all direction yet but i have tried out left and right for most.... in general if i remember right if youre going against nm you dont wanna tech right..... however theres a handful of tech traps that works both sides....

I'll list out the specifics later or someone else can do the hw... but heres my general hint

1a usually catches both sides but there are exceptions
Gs b catches nm left side (so opponents right)
33b be close range catches nm right side...(opponent left) im pretty sure 33b regular might work as well but im not certain...and 33b as tech can whiff sometimes...
1k works as tech trap....
22_88a havent played with this enough but its possible

Theres a few others i cant remember now

Stuff to setup tech trap... some set up if they tech in a certain direction will get out of everything some they cant... once again....you can do hw or....wait later when i have more time...but might be awhile since im learning new characters as well

11a...
6k ch
4kk ch
Nss a+b
3b i think
Gs k be
2b+k be in combos
11b in combos

As you can see the list is pretty long.... and heres a few that might work but might not because im getting confused

Ws a
66a
Nss k ch
iagA on ground not combo really unsure about this one.....

Heres some bread and butter combos

3 ibA
33B6 gs b like before if you delay so they hit ground you fet nore damage
33B be 2a+b
33B be 2b+k be
33B be 66b if you delay it 66b is two hits...if you only see onr hit follow up with 1k
66b iagA this one will take practice
Nss a+b gs k be
Nss a+b 2a+b

4a 4k be
Gs a ch 6k 1a
Gs a ch 4kk
Gs a ch 6 nss k 2a+b

1a gs b
1a gs k be

Gs b6 gs b6 gs k be

I'll leave out wall combos for now....

So far im mixed feelings about the new nm i really like his gs b but they messed up his close game even more.... thank god a+b is significantly buffed....

Ce is also mixed feeling right now i feel its kinda shitty.... auto gi takes a few.frames to.activate so u cant use it as a reversal....

Also the fact he cant do ce in any stance sucks

I gotta play more to really know how good or bad he is....

Btw a+g without thoroughly testing still feels godlike to me...as in i'll spam it over and over....but will really need to.do some labwork to really know....

-LAU

Honestly I'm not that impressed by 4a, 4k be. I was getting comperable damage for no meter doing some other stuff. And 4k be doesn't wallsplat or ring out, so be careful about that.

I can sort of see why they took out 3a2a6. It looks like it would be really strong in this game. Not broken, but 3aa seemed so buffed that if you could ch confirm stuff like 3a2a6b or 3a2a6k BE then it would be ridiculous.

And a+b is his best move. I see no reason to not base my entire game around it. But I like to smash buttons and gamble, so it's not for everyone.

Not liking this Nightmare at all. Now his playstyle is so heavily focused on spacing because his close range is attrocious, ugh. Also, I absolutely hate the streamlining of combos/movesets but I think thats just the general terrible design philosophy of this game :/ I'd really like to know why 11K was removed and why they couldn't have given us a TJing move out of GS or NSS(or at least something NEW, maybe even the bubble). Overall disappointed, they really must have wanted to wash their hands of SCIV because this game plays nowhere near as fun.

Has anyone found a use for 2B+K BE? I'm not seeing one :/

Yeah... it seems we're stuck in mid tier again, at least until we discover how to utilize his meter for free wins. For now, I think he's in the same tier as SC4 - mid, but with the ability to win.

Sadly, he's lost a LOT of his tools.

Anyway, here's some stuff I've found out, testing against pyrrha:

Your BEST guaranteed damage after 33B BE is a slightly delayed 66B for 82 damage, which is the most damage I can get, it seems. This is also the move that has the most tech trap opportunities. 1A, 2B+K BE, and 44A are your best tech trap options.

After 33B by itself, I'm finding the most reliable option is to A+B, since it now hits grounded

After 66B on hit, I believe 2[K] is unavoidable. I haven't tested this thoroughly yet. Also, 3aa is your most damage combo, but it can be AC'd to one side, but its still safe. Near a wall or edge, you can get a 2A+B after 66B which is a good thing.

It seems his tech trap game has taken a huge nerf.

The only thing I can get to catch tech after a+g flapjack, is 4K BE and 3K. And, of course, that's near a wall/edge and only catches front/back tech.

It looks like a lot of his launchers don't give enough time to use 1A, the exceptions being 33B, 33B BE, and NSS A+B. It also seems like 1A only catches ground and to his left, at least against Pyrrha-type characters. To his right, its easily techable.

He seems to have very little options to catch tech to his right, except 44A, which has to be precisely timed. But after CH 3B, an immediate 44A will catch all tech to his left. I believe we'll be able to mix this up with 4BB.

His tech trap game now seems more like a guessing game. He doesn't have much options to catch all tech, except after certain knockdowns, like 6K, 1A. I honestly believe its better to go with guaranteed damage or meter buildup if possible, unless there's a situation where a move will catch both sides for more damage.

And finally, what the fuck is the point of 6B now? At first, I was insanely hype about this move. But now I find out it doesn't combo into NSS K, except on CH, and it doesn't even frame trap. What, is it a CH fisher? If so, I have 6K for that.

Yo where is 66B+K son, I saw that move somewhere...did I miss it.
And yo his grab range got handled.

So far in my online play I have been reserving stock for GS K BE
even when they block it seems that nightmare still has advantage, so fishing for a CH 6K after seems like a solid string.

I'm curious about the overall frame data though.

Back