[Northern California] Norcal Crab Shack

Alright Genver/Oathkeeper/Thaguy, you guys better show up for the day 1 stream + gatherings!

edit: anybody who's bored enough, feel free to come if you are not already planning to hole up with SC5 yourself for a bit haha.

LOL how the hell is your match vs Thugish Pond a greatest moment? And you act as though you won't have any more good moments with SC5. I predict you'll be better at this game since you know the general SC system already.

im pretty new in the soul calibur community~ however i do want to meet up with the community~ if anyone is in the Richmond Area, let me know....that or if there is going to be any events in SF as im a student at the Ai art college~

Krayzie's in the Richmond area too. He holds gatherings fairly frequently. I am also trying to build consensus for a gathering/event at Gamecenter in San Mateo some time in the first few weeks after release (previous post with more info). Speaking of which....

I NEED A HEAD COUNT ASAP.

If you're reasonably sure you'd go to a Gamecenter gathering on Feb. 3, 10, 17, or 24 -- all of which are Fridays -- please post to confirm. I want to get a solid date (or range of dates) fairly soon and contact the owner so that we can promote and prepare accordingly.

Thanks all! <3

I'm going for sure, ride or not. (well a ride BACK would be nice atlease, depending on how late/if caltrain's running. I'll pitch in for gas or w/e) I'm also bringing the portable Streaming/recording rig I setup just for this kinda thing:
394606_831541302552_15102895_37384289_169878709_n.jpg

So if you want any First to ___ or MM matches recorded and streamed, it'll happen. =D

Edit: Just notified everybody on the facebook list to post here to confirm. When there's an actual solid date, I'll make the rounds on other places too.

Unlike last year, I'll probably show up to everything as long as I'm not working. I believe I met Krayzie, NDK, and Koompbala last year once. I wasn't incredibly active though. In the meantime I've been getting more serious about fighting games in general and helping my friend Jay with FinestKO at Gamecenter.

I can't wait to play all of you. I still have a lot to learn. My brother Ryan (Moogle Parade) is actually pretty decent as well I'm sure he's just as excited.

I have Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays off. So I'll see what I can do.

Perhaps we can get something going on the side at TNT?

Damn, Nyawu doin' it big.

Perhaps we can get something going on the side at TNT?
I'd be down for that, as long as the tournaments didn't go on too long past midnight, seeing as CalTrain is going to be my main transportation until I have a car again. But hey, it's not like I'd have to be there for everything. If enough people can and will show up for it, that'd be awesome.

its good to know im not the only one who relies on public transit.....so where can i get directions to gamecenter?

my eyes...they are open to the truth~ its good to know there is another arcade i can go to, I do like going to SouthTown though~

Maybe we can see if Myung will let us use some of the displays in the corner or something. I think TNT usually uses most of the stuff for SF and Marvel. We can try to talk to Kineda (SRK) also. I believe he runs the whole show.

Maybe we can see if Myung will let us use some of the displays in the corner or something. I think TNT usually uses most of the stuff for SF and Marvel. We can try to talk to Kineda (SRK) also. I believe he runs the whole show.
Are you there often? If so, it'd be awesome if you could find out next time you go. Until now I didn't think any SC players frequented the place, haha...

If not, I'll just bring it up when I contact him after a time has been confirmed.

my eyes...they are open to the truth~ its good to know there is another arcade i can go to, I do like going to SouthTown though~
I think Nyawu has already done some stuff at STA for SC4. I think he also said the owner is open to having SC5 events there.

Also, I think now is a good time to reiterate the open call for people with l33t graphics skills to make some kick-ass stream overlays and such. Before you ask, no, we can't pay you. :P

it's cool~ umm i know a guy or two who "mite" hook me up with that sort of thing, however i need more info on what exactly we r going to up on the overlay, ect. more or less i need parameters.

Once I get the day one stream thing done, I'm going to hold random gatherings and/or tournaments at southtown too, so look forward to that.

Someone call for a graphics guy? Hi.
Free? No problem.
http://www.lucky-aura.com

I've actually been experimenting with fun stuff like animated overlays and such. It would be fun to practice more with a cause.

I was going to be at Gamecenter today, but I woke up late. I'll try the next time I'm there...

Someone call for a graphics guy? Hi.
Free? No problem.
http://www.lucky-aura.com

I've actually been experimenting with fun stuff like animated overlays and such. It would be fun to practice more with a cause.

I was going to be at Gamecenter today, but I woke up late. I'll try the next time I'm there...
Nice! Nyawu is the one handling most of the stream-related stuff, so he'd be the one to contact about the overlays and stuff.

Yeah, basically any 16:9 layers will do. We'd basically need one for in match with a place to put player's name tags, and one or two for 16:9 game view + 4:3 webcam views for commentator/player shots. Stream will be at around 720p and under so no need to do anything super high res.

Back