Not character-specific styles in CAS confirmed!

StSpider

[09] Warrior
Here at 5:55

I've seen this posted on the Cervantes board, but not this specific topic discussed (unless I missed it)..

Cool! do you think they'll remake styles from character that were cut from the rooster (like Setsuka if things stay like this)? Or more like gimmick styles like SC3's Grieve Edge?

Not sure I'm the right one to answer your question. They may not be banned from tournaments if the styles are attached to bonus characters (like in SC3). If you have to make a CaS to play them, though, I'd imagine they'll be banned to prevent unneeded hassle.

On another note, I hadn't seen that video yet. I loved it. They had me laughing at the "Wait, what? We don't know what that means" part. So hyped for this game.

I don't know why they'd need to necessarily ban these characters. I mean, so long as they are balanced, I'm pretty sure they could just use the default custom character. It's not like they're console exclusive or anything, they're available to anyone, and I'm pretty sure most people will make at least one of them to try them out. Not that it takes so much longer than changing controls to make one on the fly anyway if need be. So long as they don't try to deck out the character that is.

Devil Jin from Tekken sounds like he's one of the styles. Must admit, it'll be weird to see a FIST FIGHTER with EYE LAZERS take on any of the SCV cast, so I'm not sure I fully believe this, but it'd be interesting nonetheless.

As a tourney organizer, I would 100% ban these until a character is put on the screen that can be quickly selected. It is hard enough as is to get tourney's to run on time- having to create a character for a specific style would be a time sink.

It would be kind of funny if the CAS specific styles are awful ala SC3 Bonus characters, but I honestly /really/ want to play them. I hope Namco addresses this, the more styles for tourney play the better.

I'm kinda on the fence on this one. I always want more characters, whether CAS only or normal roster. What I don't want are unbalanced, unfinished characters like sc3.

I would only support this if team Soul really does it right this time.

Sigh... so I'm guessing they scrapped the Rock character design. So sad... I now feel less motivated to rush to the store to pick up that freshly sealed brand new disc. :sc4roc1:

You are mistaken. That's confirmed to be Xiba's. Mina's not in SCV

I know she's not, but that doesn't mean they could've kept her moveset in as CAS only.

But anyway you're right, it's Xiba's moveset. The spear threw me off, and the move where he jumps over Mitsurigi reminded me of a Seung Mina move.

Back