Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
Don't care. If he goes the 'kill-em-all' route, he's still returning to form. If he revives them later, whatever.

I disagree lol. I think if reviving them was always in the script, then it's just moot. While if they do it while it's not in the script, it's for money.
Either way reviving characters is lame.

Not really. I was waiting for the anime since it was announced and it piqued my interest. I'll probably read it after the show ends.
I saw the first episode on Sunday/Monday, if you'll take a word of advice from me after one episode the manga seems the better experience. A lot of little side notes are thrown out like various character's inner monologues, the author's occasional commentaries and a couple of Tomoko's instances where she chastises herself for "thinking stupid things like that". I don't know how important they are but they might make all the difference in whether you enjoy the story or not. There's some good and bad points in the differences. One of tomokos weirder moments is softened a bit (maybe a good thing) but the pacing was messed up a little, (kind of a bad thing) as they melded two separate days into one. Dont like the intro, love the ending credits. It's not like I won't be watching it, and anything that gets more people reading the manga is a good thing, but I'm happy I read the manga first personally. You don't have to read the whole thing, just read the first ten chapters, then see how the corresponding anime episodes strike you.

Then again ten episodes later I might be fine with the adaptation. Maybe I'm nit picking because it's early yet.

Well, I watched Free, Blood Lad, Watamote, Danganronpa, and C3-bu. I'm keeping them all.
With Monogatari S2, Railgun S, Highschool DxD New, Attack on Titan, and Symphogear G, I think I'm all set for the new season... well, actually, I'm waiting on Neptunia.

Future diary OVA was ripped from nico video early low res release not to long ago. as expected it wasn't going to be dark. it just explained how the anime/manga ending worked.

I wonder what the extra manga will be different from the OVA anime. can't wait for the manga scans.

Kimi no iru Machi as an anime was pretty nice. They sure made Asuka quite irresistible and I like where they started. Hoping to see more of that anime. I'm already up to date on the manga, so I'm just wondering which parts they're gonna put in and leave out.

Just finished Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, I have no idea what to feel now. GAINAX Y U DO DIS ¤_¤

Currently watching:
Watamote
Attack On Titan

No clue what I'll start once I need to wait for more new episodes though. Maybe I'll catch up on some Non-filler for Naruto.

non-filler naruto is actually pretty decent. watching people get bodied is always nice.
future diary is really good need to finish the 1st season up though before i watch the redial stuff.
So when is the fairy tail anime picking back up?

Well, I'm getting bored and just got back from a panel with Brad Swaile at Fan Expo, so I'll do my mid-season breakdown a little late.

Blood Lad (Finished Episode 7)
I watched this expecting a goofy romantic comedy adventure... I got that plus a F**KTON of references/shoutouts. That aside, the story's actually solid, the characters are lovable and goofy, and the art direction is great. I'm hoping that Braz gets the sh!t kicked out of him by Staz at some point, so I'm probably gonna have to pick up the manga once it's over.

C3-bu (Finished Episode 7)
It's Gainax's answer to K-On!... but better. The art is better IMO, the characters have a little more depth, and it has that expected WTF factor you'd expect from Gainax, namely a surprisingly dark turn in the recent episodes. It also has a godly ending song (sorry, I love Miyuki Sawashiro's voice)

Danganronpa (Finished Episode 7)
A visual novel adaptation, so no-one who's played it is gonna be happy with how it's turning out by comparison. I haven't, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the VN-esque direction of the show. A great cast, quirky characters, and enough WTF to throw me off my game. Good fun all around.

Fate kaleid liner Prisma Ilya (Finished Ep. 6)
Probably in my Top 3 for the season. No Nasuverse fan should be avoiding this. The quality of the show rivals Fate/Zero, and shines the spotlight on two of my favorite F/SN characters (Rin and Ilya). I pray this gets a Season 2.

Free! (Finished Ep. 6)
K-On! with better art, characters, writing, humor, music... and nearly naked men. I wouldn't rank this in the Top Shows of the Season, but it delivers on the hype a lot better than K-On! ever did. Also, where's Gou in a swimsuit?

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou (Finished Ep. 4)
Picked this up late... and I wish I hadn't. It's a harsh show. Post-episode-3-Madoka harsh from Episode 1. Very cartoony art, but still great. Beautiful soundtrack and splendid voice acting headlined by Mai Kadokawa (also leading Prism Ilya) and Eri Kitamura.

Highschool DxD New (Finished Ep. 7)
Obviously, you're just getting more of what you liked in Season 1, so if you liked S1, this is just as good. Also, I love Xenovia.

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (Finished Ep. 4)
HOLY SH!T, this show is beautiful! Seriously, this is probably the most beautiful show of the season. The plot's not too deep so far, but in a show about God abandoning the world, causing a zombie apocalypse and the appearance of 'gravekeepers' who can lay them to their final rest leaves a lot of room for some really twisted stories.

Monogatari Season 2 (Finished Ep. 6)
Once again, as the continuation of Nisio Isin's wordy urban epic, you get more of the same you got from Bake/Nise/Nekomonogatari. The first 5 episodes are from Tsubasa's POV, which is cool given that she's one of the most... confusing characters of the show, but people who love Koyomi's POV will need to wait until Ep. 6 for things to go back to him.

Neptunia (Finished Ep. 6)
I know people hate that we got this instead of more Jojo, but I believe David Production's created an adaptation that both does it's own thing AND pays proper homage to the games. Fourth wall damage, video game/console shoutouts galore, and some loveable goofiness make for a lovely experience.

Servant X Service (Finished Ep. 8)
My god, this show is genius! There's some great humor and clever writing here. If you liked Working!!, it's from the same creator. Definitely in my Top 3.

Shingeki No Kyojin (Finished Ep. 18)
If you haven't been convinced yet, I won't even bother.

Symphogear G (Finished Ep. 7)
Another case of 'more of the same'. In this case, though, it's much better. The music is even prettier, the art is even flashier, and the writing is far better. The final part of my Top 3.

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! (Finished Ep. 4)
I know the internet's loving this show, but I find it too depressing to watch on a weekly basis. I was never horribly popular in highschool, so the notion of someone worse off than me just makes me sad. Sometimes I laugh at Tomoko's despair, but it's mostly disturbing what can go on in her head at times.

Back