[Oct 25, 2014] Edge Master Series Major 2014 (London)

I'm going to borrow my parents car to drive up there. Anyone in the vicinity of Hastings who wants a lift can come along. Contribution to petrol costs will be appreciated.

I don't think I will stay in London for the night. Probably just drive back after the tournament has finished. Do you think it will finish dead on 11:00 or do these things normally go on over time?

I'm so excited to go to my first tournament! I better get practising.
we may be doing something on the sunday, just to make it worthwhile for the expenses we pay... @Silent_Joel what about team battles? teams of 2/3 PSN vs XBOX, UK vs non-UK, me against the world Kappa?

Wow that sounds friendly and inviting.

Are you sure that's the reason? I thought the reason was that these tournaments aren't big enough for you, and isn't worth your time. Also if you have no interest in coming why are you littering my thread? As a Senior moderator I thought you would know not to do that.

Regarding my little joke, if you followed the UK scene at all you would know that Wolf was talking about himself since he won last year's one and I was calling him a scrub. But you're way too busy promoting the American scene by posting evey streaming link on your profile, tweeting things so they get a pot bonus and posting side tournaments on the French forums.

It's great that people like you and @CaspianVII can sit at home and shit on my efforts to build a scene with snide little comments like that instead of maybe trying to create something yourself with neighbours in Manchester, Derby and Birmingham. Anyways keep up the good work! *thumbs up*

I'm going to borrow my parents car to drive up there. Anyone in the vicinity of Hastings who wants a lift can come along. Contribution to petrol costs will be appreciated.

I'm so excited to go to my first tournament! I better get practising.

Good stuff, try and bring @TxA with you. Also I would recommended trying to stay the night to make the trip more worthwhile for casuals.

we may be doing something on the sunday, just to make it worthwhile for the expenses we pay... @Silent_Joel what about team battles? teams of 2/3 PSN vs XBOX, UK vs non-UK, me against the world Kappa?

Depends on who stays over, last year we did a French vs UK exhibition. If we did do anything it would be UK vs Rest of EU, and the UK team would probably who placed highest in the tournament.

Also I was speaking to @Deus-Kaliya and the highest placing UK player in the Solo tournament will qualify for Deusmentes tournament, which will take place early next year in Paris.

we may be doing something on the sunday, just to make it worthwhile for the expenses we pay...

Do you mean something gaming related or something else like the pub? I might get a hotel for the night to stick around for something gaming related. I will have work on the Monday so I will probably head off late afternoon-ish.

Good stuff, try and bring @TxA with you. Also I would recommended trying to stay the night to make the trip more worthwhile for casuals.

Depends on who stays over, last year we did a French vs UK exhibition. If we did do anything it would be UK vs Rest of EU, and the UK team would probably who placed highest in the tournament.

Also I was speaking to @Deus-Kaliya and the highest placing UK player in the Solo tournament will qualify for Deusmentes tournament, which will take place early next year in Paris.
I see, I see...what about teams of 2-3+ in general? depending on how many turn up

What do you mean more worthwhile for casuals? Apologies for sounding ignorant.
in the midst of a tourney people get heated up and the pressure can pile on, causing un-needed stress...during casuals, you can play at full potential with minimal sodium-levels

in the midst of a tourney people get heated up and the pressure can pile on, causing un-needed stress...during casuals, you can play at full potential with minimal sodium-levels

Ah ok. I wasn't sure if casuals was referring to individual people who are just there to play casually.

Different things, same results. :P

EBO2014 says hi! (Btw, no one posted the results on here)

What do you mean more worthwhile for casuals? Apologies for sounding ignorant.

Pretty much what Zero said. Wouldn't be worthwhile for people travelling if you only got to play in tournaments, especially since you don't get to play everyone.

I see, I see...what about teams of 2-3+ in general? depending on how many turn up

There's a 2v2 tournament already, any exhibition stuff you can do if there's time. I was trying to explain to @HolyCarp that London is dabes, we might have to do a London vs. Rest of UK one to prove that.

Exactly, and who was in the solo top 3 and who wasn't? :P

Also, I opened a results and shoutout thread right after EBO. http://8wayrun.com/threads/ebo-2014-results-reviews-and-shoutouts.18214/

I meant in the Ranking system... and why do you never see your FB messages?!? Lol. Would be so much easier than coming on here!

"London Dabes"...translation = "Wolflone Dabes and everyone else in London is free Kappa

@WolfLoneThe is a scrub, I don't think he would make the London team .... Oh damn that wasn't friendly and inviting. Please forgive me @Mage @Le_Bello and @Sett :'(

Back