[Oct 7, 2011] DEVASTATION 2011 (Phoenix, Arizona)

canada has nothing on the west coast peeps. Glad your tryin to make it tho. You can just hand over your money to us at the door....you know....to save the embarassment!!

HRD

You mean Slayer. I haven't RSVPd yes or maybe. I will be yes in a week or two.

This will be the first time anyone from USA has played me in over 2 years. Give me all the new people. On your mark, get set, suck my dick!

Hopefully all of Chicgo can still make it. Hawkeye says he's not going to be able to come through with dat deal, nugga. =(

You mean Slayer. I haven't RSVPd yes or maybe. I will be yes in a week or two.

This will be the first time anyone from USA has played me in over 2 years. Give me all the new people. On your mark, get set, suck my dick!
Sophie mirror money match will be waiting

if I have any money

Thanks. I'm gonna send out a personal challenge to everyone else too. I don't expect everyone to have money handy, but I need at least an official first-to-five with you all.

Dr Dogg: Is it possible to please bring at least one CRT TV for DEV? I need it for my personal challenges. If I can have one dedicated CRT for SC4 that'd be perfect... I'd even pay extra money to help you find one if it's that hard.

Why would I want to first to five with anyone. I really don't feel like donating all my money.

YOOO NIGGAZZZ
I think I'm going to come to dev
but fuck why are plane tickets so expensive? >:|

Do it, you'll have a great time.

Honestly, I think u should wait until NEC in December. Cuz alot of the top players pockets are still hurting from Summer Jam 5 this past August. Just being honest. I dont think alot of ppl making it to Dev.

He should go to Dev and NEC if possible.

Dr Dogg: Is it possible to please bring at least one CRT TV for DEV? I need it for my personal challenges. If I can have one dedicated CRT for SC4 that'd be perfect... I'd even pay extra money to help you find one if it's that hard.

We'll have a bunch of CRTs at DEV running Smash Bros. I don't think it'd be out of the question to setup SC4 on one of those for a little while.

Honestly, I think u should wait until NEC in December. Cuz alot of the top players pockets are still hurting from Summer Jam 5 this past August. Just being honest. I dont think alot of ppl making it to Dev.

There will always be support. Lol. But face reality, would u spend hundreds of dollars to spectate* 12 players?.... Even tho im hoping the numbers grow, im not making this one. Too soon after SJ5. But Im good for NEC.

No offense, but we had a 32-man bracket last year and we already have more than that this year. I don't know if you're just looking at the RSVP thing attached to this thread, but DEV has never had a 12-man SC tournament. We've always had a good turnout and the last few years we've been right before Evo, which is far worse than being over a month after Summer Jam.

Not to put down Summer Jam, because I respect all tournaments... but to say people won't travel for DEV because of Summer Jam is kind of ridiculous. Hardly any west coast people went to SJ, and many midwest and EC players missed out due to the hurricane. I don't know exact attendance numbers at SJ, but I know our MK tournament is already larger and I would be shocked if our general attendance isn't already higher than SJ5... and that's not taking into account 80% of our registrations will be at the door.

You have a very odd reality and a funny way of showing support... >_>

Last year for SC at Dev, there were 3 people from the east coast, 2 from Chicago, and everyone else was from out west. Plus there's not many people who can make the trip across coast anyway.

And I don't know why Hawkeye is wildin' out like that, but if you play SC and can make it to Dev, go! I had way too much fun last year. The tournament ran smoothly. DrDogg took care of us. I couldn't ask for anything more. I wish I could go this year but real life is fucking all my plans up. We'll see though.

I'm inclined to agree with the majority, Hawkeye. Your post can be taken as discouraging to other players who're borderline fencing on making the commute. Which is dissapointing, and unexpected from you. Either way, the turn out will be fine, and there will be high level competition. don't know where you got your information.

Clearly ppl are taking my statement the wrong way.

Im so confuse right now.
U guys are taking my statement out of content and making me seem like im the bad guy.

DrDogg said we have more than last years DEV, which was an AWESOME tournament by the way. I had more fun there than I did at EVO.

We all know you aren't a bad guy, but please dont discourage people from showing up.

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

skipping DEV for nec would be sooooooo foolish. i'd love to make it to both, but there really is no comparing them.

Back