Official Discussion for SC4 Tier List And Character Guides

Isn't Talim supposed to be low tier and Sisters high tier?:/

Sisters are not high Tier. Cass is B, Soph is A (which is upper-mid).
I find inexperienced players tend to rank the sisters higher than they deserve, for reasons I don't understand.

-Ide

well, that's because people see most who play as the sister's spam some of their better combos and then pull out one of their simpler combos in a match to finish it off, making everybody go 'omg they must be really high tier!!!' i've seen people say the same thing on some of the lower tier charas as well. they just automaticaaly assume that, because of some of their higher damaging and more difficult combo moves being spammed. it's pretty funny, actually.

I'm gonna just come right out and say the FR doesn't have as much exp at dealing with high level sisters players as the US does. Malek is not inexperienced, but I do believe he is inexperienced in the matchup.

Also, higher than they deserve is top 5, maybe top 8. They aren't trash, but Cass' in particular has so many holes in her game to exploit.

-Idle

The French Matchup chart is... for lack of a better way to put it, weird as hell. They tend to monstrously make extremes out of bad matchups, whereas the NA tier list assumes most matches to be between 7-3/3-7. To get an 8-2, it almost has to be game destroyingly bad.

-Idle

Sophie has an 8-2 to Siegfried ~_~
And why do you think Sophie isn't top tier?
She has: Amazing punishment, good speed and safety, good sg game, amazing auto gi game, Rapedick, good movement, TAS has stc.
Why do you consider her upper mid when even Amy players have said Sophie has better tools than her? Check her soul arena - it's been said.

With no disrespect intended - I honestly believe top level French players to be generally better than top level US players - so I'd take their tier list more seriously.

Sophie has an 8-2 to Siegfried ~_~
And why do you think Sophie isn't top tier?
She has: Amazing punishment, good speed and safety, good sg game, amazing auto gi game, Rapedick, good movement, TAS has stc.
Why do you consider her upper mid when even Amy players have said Sophie has better tools than her? Check her soul arena - it's been said.
I'd say she's upper mid only.

Guys, I play the best Sophie in the world on the regular. Just because the FR have top level players doesn't mean they aren't prone to exaggeration. Also, just because your character gets raped by Sophie doesn't make her top tier; it just makes your character bad :P

Nobody in the US thinks Soph/Sig is 8-2, 7-3? Maybe.

-Idle

French matchup is the most accurate so far. I've argued enough with them to realize how much thought and discussion has been put into it.
They also took opinion of USA top players into consideration. They are doing it by taking a lot of opinions and facts into account. not just lets put list A and list B together and see what happens.
They have the best competetive stage for SC4. So I dont think its really wise to question if they know what they're doing.
Also, tier list they made based on those matchups charts also looks very accurate to me.
As hard as it is doing tiers and matchups list they've done an awesome job at it.

PS: Best sophie in the world? Who's that?

Ramon, imo, is EASILY the best Sophie in the world. Show me another Sophie who consistently punishes whiffed throws with TAS B and I will eat my fucking hat.

At the point where you start throwing around 8-2 or 9-1, you better have some damn good reasoning for doing something like that; and honestly I'm just not seeing it (the reasoning).

-Idle

Seriously? You can't zone because it's rapedick punishable, you enter stance on block against her due to her AA, you can't step her properly, you can't use heavy guage pressure because it's rapedick punishable, you can't breathe because it's rapedick punishable. Check the Siegfried & Sophie soul arenas - practically everybody is agreed it's an 8-2 to Sophie. And Sieg's mid tier, he's not bad - real smart post idle XD
Oh and playing Ramon regularly doesn't make you an expert. Give me good reasons why Sophie only gets a 7-3 to Sieg?
I'm curious to hear what you know that all us Siegfried players seem to be completely ignorant to?

Ok, I'm just gonna get this out of the way- Who the fuck are you? Because if I'm getting into a debate with a mouthy online scrub about the merits of a matchup he has never REALLY played before, I'm gonna be pissed. So save me some trouble and put some credentials on the table before we continue.

-Idle

OK - first of all, I'm primarily an offline player who among a few other dedicated players is working hard to resurrect the currently dead UK community, I have placed tournament grand finals as Siegfried and drive 200 miles for offline regularly - I am travelling 600 miles to EBO in Germany in July and when I get enough money will be travelling to France for offline regularly.
Let me respond with WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?
A moderator flaming members for disagreeing with them? Paticularly the so called 'noob protector' using comments like 'some online scrub'... How very elitist of you idle.
Maybe you should think before you post next time hm?
:P

Back