Official Natsu 1.02 Patch Changes Discussion

Natsu will have tweaks but you goons all act as if NamcoBandai is going to say "you know what, we've heard all of you scrubs out there in FGC land and not only are we nerfing Natsu's air grab dmg but we're reducing all her dmg by 50% and she will no longer have UB or tech traps, YOU ARE WELCOME!" lol it just doesn't work that way.

fyi: they are reducing her dmg by ~50% and she will have a lot less tech traps.

reducing all dmg from all moves by 50% and less tech traps? link please. PLEASE. If so I'll be thankful , what excuse will people have then?

patch notes here:

japanese: http://www.soularchive.jp/SC5/adjust/index.html
english: https://sdtekken.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/soulcalibur_v_battle_system_update_march_2012.pdf

- 1A dmg reduced from 34 to 30; easier to hit downed opponents
- A+B hitstun reduced
- 6A+B now doesn't give a stun when the 1st hit lands as CH; 2nd hit dmg reduced from 12 to 10
- WS K has less blockstun and worse recovery on whiff; easier to evade with step
- poison dart doesn't stun on grounded opponents any more
- 22B 2nd hit less likely to whiff
- 22K CH stun has less stun frames
- 11K bounces opponents lower
- PO A6 dmg reduced from 20 to 10
- PO A:6 dmg reduced from 20 to 10
- first hit of WR BBB has less blockstun
- 1st hit of CE has reduced dmg from 30 to 20; 2nd and 3rd hit less likely to miss after 1st hit on block

cool, looks like bombs didnt' really get touched so natsu bandwagoners can still have their scrub-crushers available.

i personally take offence with the poison dart nerf; it limits her gameplay and makes her much more boring to play. the rest of the nerfs aren't so bad though. she will obviously still be playable, but make no mistake: she was really good in the past and much worse now.

In the grand scheme of things, as bad as you natsus think you have it, you don't wanna read the maxi nerfs lol.

i personally take offence with the poison dart nerf; it limits her gameplay and makes her much more boring to play. the rest of the nerfs aren't so bad though. she will obviously still be playable, but make no mistake: she was really good in the past and much worse now.
Yeah I cannot understand this adjustment at all. What is the point of this move now? They've just limited her useful moveset. I really don't get the reasoning behind so many changes in this patch (and I'm guessing there won't be another one)

since 6A+B PO A:6 is already NC, not having the stun technically shouldn't affect her usual combo; it just means there's a tighter window for it. BUT 6A+B PO A:6 isn't NC on the following characters, so i'm not sure if it will affect the combo for them:

- ivy
- algol
- raph
- viola
- ezio
- aeon

i just really hate the poison dart nerf because there is literally no reason to use that move ever again. but let's not forget that nothing happened to AAB and 66B.

Like I said , she didn't get an all around dmg nerf. lol. They took some things away but nothing I would say that puts her in the bottom tier. Any who , back to playing til the patch , learn to stop using poison dart lulz.

I'm a play how kaB plays natsu , SAFE and ANNOYING like a pyrrha (love that she didn't get a nerf to guard burst being so easy)

thanks for the link but it isn't that bad imo.

Maximum of 60ish damage off her BnB combos. I'd say that's pretty damn bad - and easily enough to send her to bottom tier.

Like I said , she didn't get an all around dmg nerf. lol. They took some things away but nothing I would say that puts her in the bottom tier. Any who , back to playing til the patch , learn to stop using poison dart lulz.

I'm a play how kaB plays natsu , SAFE and ANNOYING like a pyrrha (love that she didn't get a nerf to guard burst being so easy)

thanks for the link but it isn't that bad imo.

Example of 1 guy jumping off the natsu bandwagon and another guy thats a natsu devotee. The sides are chosen!!

but let's not forget that nothing happened to AAB and 66B.

i have ended matches against very skilled players with spacing and 66B alone almost an entire match lol. I use it a lot.

her key moves at this point

AAB
66B
3K/3KK
22A
for sure

since 6A+B PO A:6 is already NC, not having the stun technically shouldn't affect her usual combo; it just means there's a tighter window for it. BUT 6A+B PO A:6 isn't NC on the following characters, so i'm not sure if it will affect the combo for them:

- ivy
- algol
- raph
- viola
- ezio
- aeon

i just really hate the poison dart nerf because there is literally no reason to use that move ever again. but let's not forget that nothing happened to AAB and 66B.

Er, i was referring more to the caltrops. Correct me if I'm wrong, but not having the ground stun after A:6 basically nullifies the rest of the combo - while simultaneously destroying her oki game (I mean, why bother ever attempting to get up now if the only thing they can actually do to you is the unblockable launcher?).

Example of 1 guy jumping off the natsu bandwagon and another guy thats a natsu devotee. The sides are chosen!!

I was never on the bandwagon, I'm a Hilde player.

i have ended matches against very skilled players with spacing and 66B alone almost an entire match lol. I use it a lot.

her key moves at this point

AAB
66B
3K/3KK
22A
for sure

Yeah, but if you're going to play like that, then why play Natsu? There are other characters who are far more suited to the spacing/punishment playstyle.

WuHT: i don't think you're really adding value with your inputs.

things that need to be tested:

- how exactly 1A hits grounded opponents "more easily"
- if anything is still guaranteed after A+B
- if 8A+B still does good guard dmg
- if CH 22K and CH WS K still guarantee anything after
- what's guaranteed after 11K
- whether (insert CH starter) 6A+B PO A:6 3KK still works on all characters
- the recovery of WS K (-12 or more?)
- any stealth changes to 66B, AAB

boogieman: well it could have been a lot worse, i'll give you that. 66B is now officially natsu's best move for sure.

crysack: caltrops and poison dart are the same thing. i'm pretty sure they took it away because it guaranteed more damage after A+B and CH 3KKK (as part of the long CH combo), but it just makes her wakeup game less interesting.

It honestly isn't bad. I THINK it's an honest adjustment other than poison dart HOWEVER for instance (IF THIS STILL WORKS AFTER PATCH) CH wrK 6A+B4 A:6 3KKK 44KK still connects and stuns opponent after you bounce back from wall. The dmg isn't AS high , it's still high though lol.

A+B fc 2A+B 44K was 78 non CH and A+B 1A is 64 .... so really... is it that bad? no. It was fun to use but it's gone now. oh well , the adjustments needed by any skilled player is very little, people will still be crying about her lol.

if I read correctly what you posted plus the translated link they didn't even touch what all the scrub players whined about in the first place bomb to air grab lololol. too funny.

I am disappointed in Pyrrha not getting any small nerf JUST guard bursting at least. And it seems they are making it harder for you to build gauge which will be interesting and nerf A LOT of characters across the board who depend on that if I'm reading correctly , it's poorly translated so I may have it backwards.

WuHT: i don't think you're really adding value with your inputs.

things that need to be tested:

- how exactly 1A hits grounded opponents "more easily"
- how the combos after 22B have changed
- whether A+B CE is still a combo
- whether (insert CH starter) 6A+B PO A:6 3KK still works on all characters
- any stealth changes to 66B, AAB

boogieman: well it could have been a lot worse, i'll give you that. 66B is now officially natsu's best move for sure.

crysack: caltrops and poison dart are the same thing. i'm pretty sure they took it away because it guaranteed more damage after A+B and CH 3KKK (as part of the long CH combo), but it just makes her wakeup game less interesting.

I'm sure she'll still be playable, but everything about her just seems kind of sub-par now. Her oki game is basically gone and her combo damage is now pretty average and her CH-fishing abilities aren't great either. Seems like she'll be boring to play after the patch. Oh well.

actually, if boogieman doesn't mind can we just change this into the natsu patch changes thread? it'd be much more productive than a rant thread.

actually, if boogieman doesn't mind can we just change this into the natsu patch changes thread? it'd be much more productive than a rant thread.

That's totally fine with me , I'll edit my original post.

Back