Official Natsu 1.02 Patch Changes Discussion

According to the general populace she's "balanced" now.
But they didn't want her balanced- they just wanted her gone.

I don't think she'll move down too far.
Hopefully.
We have to see what still works.

I really like the character so I hope so.
Balanced? Her only salvation against Sieg, NM and Asta was that she can groundrape them. That gone, I'm not sure how she'll handle those.

because PO A:6 gives the 3KKK-able stun only if the second hit connects on CH, not on NH and not if the first hit was CH. but if PO A:6 is done in a CH combo string it automatically gets that stun regardless.

Ah.. haha... had to drink a cup of coffee to understand this haha... sorry... recovering from a fun weekend. heh.

Actually, then it would have to be specifically be a CH Stun combo for PO A:6 to work right? Otherwise a stand alone CH 6A+B4 PO A:6, 3KKK would still work.

I'm worried about the note that says the first hit of 6A+B no longer gives stun on CH. Does that mean PO A:6 won't either in the string? If that's the case, you'll never get 3KKK any more.

Well from what it seems, 6 A+B combo on run counter and counter hit will not be able to lead to stun combo, but will only lead to stun combo if the second hit connects only (just like on SC4 with Taki's 3bK). Goodluck trying to get the second hit to connect only, I've only done it once the whole time I played SC4. We should still have the natural combo of 6 A+B PO A:6 so on counter hit it might do alittle bit more damage. Oh wait......no it won't.....CAUSE PO A:6 IS REDUCED DAMAGE!

But seriously, no stun on grounded oppoonents with FC A+B?! That's some bullshit, that means all wall combos into wall bounce are useless now seeing as they just have to tech forward to escape the combo.

The 11K thing I think will prolly be better seeing as on the last couple of frames it makes garunteed bomb TT with A:6.

The biggest thing that really pisses me off about all this is.....THE DAMAGE! Omg why am I having flashbacks of SC4 taki and struggling just to kill your opponent now.

At least they could've gave us one good buff, like more damage on 11A or any of her other lows.

Sigh, but I knew this was gonna happen. Thank you all online scrubs that have the reaction speed of a retarted carebare to complain about Natsu. They really gave us the big middle finger with this update...

the stun after PO A:6 is what allows 3KKK to connect, and that shouldn't have been changed.

Well I think you can still get the combo to stun, only have a Hover B combo or a now more unsafe WR K.....LMAO! SCREW YOU SCRUBS!

So, unless you get it after a CH WS K_HOV B_A or 22_88K, it looks like 6A+B is useless, FC 2A+B is useless, and by extension, PO A:6 is pretty useless.

And this is why my avatar remains SCII based and I am tired of new gen gaming. Before the game even had substantial time to run it's course, Namco listened to scrubs and threw down the nerf hammer. Again, make everyone else better, don't make characters worse. Haven't they learned from Capcom's shortcomings?

Reducing the air throw damage would have been bad whatever, but instead they went to combos that actually matter? Great, she is a scrub killer? Well, I don't play with scrubs, I care about beating good players at an advanced level. Their not getting hit by bombs, their getting mixed up if they lose. Why give her less tech traps and stun combos?

Horrible nerfs, fine. But how about changing up a few things so she can play differently than? How about EXC cancel? How about more normal strings and those that lead into PO? Make her an in your face type of mix up character, like she always has been. Nope. Just take away what made Natsu unique while adding nothing to her advantage. Horrible stuff.

(Does the second hit of 6A+B still stun? If so, what would be the difference then?)

ok ok let's not forget that 6A+B PO A:6 is NC on most of the cast. if 6A+B lands on CH, PO A:6 will land even without the 6A+B CH stun. and i'm hoping that the CH properties will then carry over to PO A:6, which would then allow 3KKK to land.

in any case, tha_shogun is right: the long combo should still exist via HOV B or WS K. don't forget that guard crush guarantees a WS K as well; while 4A+B into air throw would do more dmg, you have more tech trap opportunities with a 3KKK knockdown.

in other news, CH WS K 66B is 67 dmg, and CH WS K 66B BE is guaranteed for 89 dmg (pre-patch dmg). however, 66B has a nasty habit of whiffing when WS K hits at close range. namco had better have fixed this if they want me to stop using 6A+B in combos.

I was expecting much more salt in this thread. =/

if it helps i'm pretty salty that apat's 1B:B timing got easier. but i'm happy to say that most of the people in this discussion aren't scrubs.

I can't get 66B to connect after WS K.
It just whiffs through their chest.

Am I too slow? :P

no it's a range issue; try it from mid-range and it'll work everytime. try it at zero range and it tends to whiff.

Back