Official Natsu 1.02 Patch Changes Discussion

I haven't tried it, but it's probably really strict timing. Just like 22_88K, 66B

I can do this one no problem.
Its just 66B goes straight through them for me after CH WS K.

no it's a range issue; try it from mid-range and it'll work everytime. try it at zero range and it tends to whiff.

I've tried it from every range lol.
Is there a video of it? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

mradam0: i've listed it on the first page of this thread.

I can do this one no problem.
Its just 66B goes straight through them for me after CH WS K.

I've tried it from every range lol.
Is there a video of it? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

it needs to be immediate as well.

of course they didnt fix shit like BK, BBK, 33K whiffing on crouched hit.

like everyone else has already said, they did so much taking away without giving us anything. terrible way to "balance" a game. time to start looking into secondary characters. was interested in tira, but lolpatch has ruined that as well.

There just isn't anything new to tinker with just deal with the options they took away.

Trying to think what Natsu's new wake up game is going to be without Darts. I agree with Heart that Bomb traps are going to be the way to go, but who really falls for that stuff nowadays?

Like I said earlier at least A:6 wasn't touched and hopefully it will be able to punish a lot more if other character's moves have been nerfed.
Its really a funny how online playing has effected fighting games & community in general haha.

like everyone else has already said, they did so much taking away without giving us anything. terrible way to "balance" a game. time to start looking into secondary characters. was interested in tira, but lolpatch has ruined that as well.
I was looking at Viola a while back. Looks like the time to diversify has come.

My current secondary is Leixia. Mainly because is mindless. lolbibulusihopeyoureadthisandtakeitthewrongway<3
By mindless, I mean I can win off of purely fundamentals with her. Not that she's a braindead easy character.

I was looking at Tira too. She seemed fun. :(

Story time:
I misread "Fixed crouching stance being forced to stand when hit by some character's 2A, 2K, crouch A, or crouch K." as them fixing whiffing issues like Natsu's BBK on crouching opponents. I was said when I actually took the time to read the notes instead of skip over them.

There just isn't anything new to tinker with just deal with the options they took away.

Trying to think what Natsu's new wake up game is going to be without Darts. I agree with Heart that Bomb traps are going to be the way to go, but who really falls for that stuff nowadays?

Like I said earlier at least A:6 wasn't touched and hopefully it will be able to punish a lot more if other character's moves have been nerfed.
Its really a funny how online playing has effected fighting games & community in general haha.

Bomb traps work because of the threat of the ground-stun reset. Explain to me why I would ever do anything but lie on the ground and eat the (what, 8 damage?) of the unblockable bomb post-patch? She has no other options.

Bomb traps work because of the threat of the ground-stun reset. Explain to me why I would ever do anything but lie on the ground and eat the (what, 8 damage?) of the unblockable bomb post-patch? She has no other options.

Her Oki game now consists of

1A
4A+B PO mix ups
2A+B

Can't think of anything else. And you can react to all of that. There is no incentive for the opponent to press a button.

EDIT: I have successfully done CH WS K 66B. Once.

I was looking at Viola a while back. Looks like the time to diversify has come.

funny, because thats exactly what i did. started off with Xiba because my main local comp was playing omega pyrrah as he was a SCIV sophie main. his character changed very little so i needed someone i could just pick up and play. after about a week of playing xiba and messing around with other characters it was down to viola and natsu.

viola seemed awesome but would need time to mature and learn her specifics. natsu was just badass, and after seeing i had high success with both of her A:6s i went with her.

time to start looking at viola again

Fuck the viola bandwagon tbh. I'll wait and see if Natsu is any good. If not, I'm going back to Pyrrha after my love for Sophie for so long. I hear she barely got any nerfs.

Lucky you guys.
Cassandra and Amy were my older characters.

And no, I refuse to touch Pyrrha.
I suppose I could work with Raphael even though he's no where near on the level Amy was.

But first comes trying to make Natsu work. Hopefully she does.

EDIT: I can now do CH WS K 66B. Jesus that is a fast input.
It seems to only work at max range on Pyrrha. Is it character specific? If not that's highly inconsistent.

A lot of times when I did it one hit would connect and the other would whiff, resulting in a knockdown, but no launch. I always thought it was just an axis issue, but it's good that it's fixed. Wish they would've fixed the followup A+B whiffing like 70% of the time, though with poison dart being nerfed, there's probably not much point in doing that any more anyway.

So.. anyone found anything to do after 66B BE? I guess we are reduced to non stunning darts since everything else is too slow and 4A+B can safely be ukemi'd to the opponents right.

Back