Official Natsu 1.02 Patch Changes Discussion

Anyone else having the last hit of the CE whiff after catching someone with 2A+B? They said they meant to fix the issue where the 2nd hit whiffs, but now the 3rd one whiffs a bunch.

Anyone else having the last hit of the CE whiff after catching someone with 2A+B? They said they meant to fix the issue where the 2nd hit whiffs, but now the 3rd one whiffs a bunch.

I've never actually had any of the waves miss unless they were against the wall or I mistimed it when they were on the ground- even before the patch.

And I'm so proud of myself. I'm starting to get the hang of reaction grabbing Yoshi out of his air stances and even some of the moves.

Just curious, does Natsu's Stalker air grab beat out all of Yoshi's Dragonfly moves? Or does it get hit by something?
So far if I stalker the moment I see him in Dragonfly, I haven't lost to any moves. But I haven't done any testing.

Damn, nice! Sorry about the extra posting than! Did you get 3b to hit on everyone or just a few people?

3B comes out from natsu left side and it will connect on characters that falls on their right side after ch fcA+B
these characters are:
mitsu, zwei, asta, voldo, cervy, nighty, yoshi, alpha, hilde, sieg.

and on:
pata, lei, natsu, pyrra, opra, ivy, maxi, algol, viola, aeon, xiba, tira, ralph, ezio, damp

3B whiff but on them we have 6A+B

angel chick and kilik depends on their current style

On Sieg both versions (3B, 6A+B) connects, with is nice from his side.

How nice is this?
We have guaranteed combos on CH FC a+b on ALL characters. We just have to make sure we use the right ones on each.

Well we just need to figure out what is the best way for us to set up the CH for FC A+B. I think a lot of the times there are going to be better options though.

It is a bit of an odd move. I was really hoping it would track. I have been using it for years... never really tested it out as a tool to kill sidestep haha... ah well.

Anybody else notice?
Counter counter counter counter counter.
Natsu's moves are way more counterable now apparently. Do we know a workaround?
Before the patch I'd always win the counter battle so I could just AA BB KK people all day.
Now, it seems like ... her strings are slower? Not sure, I'm still noob.

Anybody else notice?
Counter counter counter counter counter.
Natsu's moves are way more counterable now apparently. Do we know a workaround?
Before the patch I'd always win the counter battle so I could just AA BB KK people all day.
Now, it seems like ... her strings are slower? Not sure, I'm still noob.
I thought I was the only one who noticed this. She get interrupted for almost everything she does now. You can be half way through the frames of the move and get knocked out of it. Prime example is when I do A+B. I can throw it out way before the opponent and he would just throw out an A or B to float me. It also seems like her tracking is crappier now. Her damage sucks now also. There is no reason to really fear her wake up game now.

I have had zero problems thus far. I think you need to just play more patiently. I only use A+B as a whiff punishment. There is no combo afterwards but you do get wake ups. I still think she is High Mid Tier.

Well, no reason for me to complain, feeling bad about it won't make them change the patch after all. I'll decide soon if I'll still play Natsu or not.
I think the right answer for a main is Edge Master tbh. Can't go wrong: they can't ruin every single character in the next patch. I hope.

Well, no reason for me to complain, feeling bad about it won't make them change the patch after all. I'll decide soon if I'll still play Natsu or not.
I think the right answer for a main is Edge Master tbh. Can't go wrong: they can't ruin every single character in the next patch. I hope.
I've pretty much ignored a lot of your posts, but you have been complaining. Nonstop actually, so I do agree with you in that there is no reason for you to complain. Because many more talented people here, have continually stated that Natsu is still viable, still at the top of the heap, yet you say things like "Take away everything Natsu has, leaving nothing, (safe moves, combos, damage)". You may not know this because it seems you've been lurking and playing ONLY Natsu, but many of her weaknesses, aren't that big compared to the rest of the cast. Think of it this way, Natsu has holes in her game, more now, than before the patch. But if you look at other characters you'll find that they have even bigger holes in their game, and Natsu doesn't seem that horrible in hindsight! I am all for helping out fellow players, but a lot of your recent posts leave a negative image on the Natsu community.

Natsu is still S tier with A pat,period.end of story.

6A+B on hit > PO mix up/mind games , is too powerfull!!!
same with k2 > tech game.

Also if u get CHed too much u propably doing sth wrong don't rush mindlessly to ur opponent try to take advancement with everything u can.
A+B on tip range is very strong ,A+B right in their face is not!!

Natsu is still S tier with A pat,period.end of story.

6A+B on hit > PO mix up/mind games , is too powerfull!!!
same with k2 > tech game.

Also if u get CHed too much u propably doing sth wrong don't rush mindlessly to ur opponent try to take advancement with everything u can.
A+B on tip range is very strong ,A+B right in their face is not!!
I doubt she is S tier, there are other character that are better than her now, but she is probably high (A or B). And IMO 6A+B is only good in combos and baiting people into PO BE BT PO K setups. I try to stay away from it as much as i can.

I agree that she is high A or B tier, and 6A+B isn't totally useless, but the only times I'm going to attempt throwing it out there is for a guaranteed punishment when someone is -16.

Here's the truth. Natsu is still a good/great character. She isn't newbie friendly anymore. She's built to belong in the hands of true talented players.

If that's the case then your previous post should read:
No, because now I think it is too early to assume tiers, too. :)
Let's argue more about semiotics in private though, this is the Natsu forum not the smartasses going out of their own minds forum. :D

Back