Official SC4 glitch Thread.

KingAce

HERMITISM
First one I know is a trick more than a glitch.

Slide-run.
Press G~8B and you will get 88B instantly.
Pressing G step = 8wayrun.

Second one is

Nightmare's A+B wave backfire stun.
When the opponent hits Nightmare during A+B with a weak move it cause Nightmare to auto gi any follow-up in the string. Like BB the second B will get repelled, then the opponent will be thrown back with a powerfull blast.

Sometimes you can block the blast, but you might also GI it. If you GI that blast it will actually hit NM and cause a funny death stun animation.

Yesterday Sophie vs Asta.

Sophie does 66B, my Asta either does 9B+K or 9B they hit at the same time...both character hang in the air up side down for a second then fall down.

Online I once caught this guy with one of asta's crouch grabs 2B+G. It would have rung him out but, it was on Hilde's stage and one of the dolls was in the way. Some how the grab didn't do any damage.

With Hilde on that small floating stage in the water. I did the RO Death Combo and for some reason they were stuck in the floor lol The death cry happened and everything but they didnt die. They couldnt move or anything and were just stuck when they should have been Ro'd. But i hit them again and everythign was back to normal. O.o

the random bt's are still in the game. you gotta love those :). haven't those been there since sc1?

There's a weird glitch on the snow villa stage. If you get hit just right into the pillars, your character starts shaking wildly on the ground, the collision sound plays a ton of times, tons of dust particles fly everywhere, and eventually... you can get up.

And of course, some of the short walls you can knock someone clear through, sometimes with strange collision bugs like the one listed above.

Or how it'll say "Round 1/2/3/etc" sometimes on the online lobby menu if someone disconnects at the right time right before.

First one I know is a trick more than a glitch.

Slide-run.
Press G8B and you will get 88B instantly.
Pressing G step = 8wayrun.

Second one is

When the opponent hits Nightmare during A+B with a weak move it cause Nightmare to auto gi any follow-up in the string. Like BB the second B will get repelled, then the opponent will be thrown back with a powerfull blast.

Sometimes you can block the blast, but you might also GI it. If you GI that blast it will actually hit NM and cause a funny death stun animation.

Yesterday Sophie vs Asta.

Sophie does 66B, my Asta either does 9B+K or 9B they hit at the same time...both character hang in the air up side down for a second then fall down.

Online I once caught this guy with one of asta's crouch grabs 2B+G. It would have rung him out but, it was on Hilde's stage and one of the dolls was in the way. Some how the grab didn't do any damage.

Did not know that. Awesome. =] Thanks!

Really annoying glitch online is when you try to join a 2 person game and it starts filling up like a 4 person game

Really annoying glitch online is when you try to join a 2 person game and it starts filling up like a 4 person game

Yeah, and you can't even boot the extra people, cause you can't scroll down to select them!

When the opponent hits Nightmare during A+B with a weak move it cause Nightmare to auto gi any follow-up in the string. Like BB the second B will get repelled, then the opponent will be thrown back with a powerful blast.

I wouldn't say that this is a glitch. NM can delay the counter attack blast if he is Soul Charged, most likely to throw off the gi-timing, so I think this is intentional. It's really really weird, and you are most likely never gonna come across this situation in an actual match, but they put it there.

Aside from the popular Yoshimitsu DGF air grab glitch. There's this visual glitch I found...it only works when Special skills are enabled, but basically what you do is give Algol Charge Cancel and have him do any attack that causes his weapons to pop out, then cancel it. . This is what happens.

Mi-na visual glitch. For some reason, if you finish someone off with 1B and then continue with the A that comes after it, the A's animation changes to something that looks mid or high.

It also clips through the opponent, but I think that's just normal (like killing someone with a B and having the second B in the string go through during the dying scream).

Aside from the popular Yoshimitsu DGF air grab glitch. There's this visual glitch I found...it only works when Special skills are enabled, but basically what you do is give Algol Charge Cancel and have him do any attack that causes his weapons to pop out, then cancel it. . This is what happens.

That was awesome.

With Hilde on that small floating stage in the water. I did the RO Death Combo and for some reason they were stuck in the floor lol The death cry happened and everything but they didnt die. They couldnt move or anything and were just stuck when they should have been Ro'd. But i hit them again and everythign was back to normal. O.o

This happened to me and a friend a while back. I basically tried to RO his Tira on the Kunpaetku stage, but she flew right into one of those lizardmans, got halfway stuck into the floor and the death cry sounded, etc.

Another messed up thing happened to me on the marshes stage. My Yoshis move clashed with one of Tiras right at the edge of the ring. Right then the screen started shaking violently for a second and my Yoshi got turned 90 degrees and was like floating horizontally in the air. After two or three seconds he was placed on the edge of the ring for a few frames and then got thrown out, wtf.

Weapon visual glitches, these two are probably already known:

Setsuka: If you follow her 214B+G command throw directly with her A+B counter, her weapon will have a trail as though it were attacking.

Yun-Seong: I think if you use the 1Kk[G]~CR stance transition, his right leg (the one he's standing on) will continue to have a weapon trail, even if he's not doing anything (use CR A to see the weapon trail follow his foot).

Many times when you launch a character into the air and they land on the edge of the ring (usually at a 45 degree angle on their back) they will get stuck, unable to move, on the edge of the ring while laying down and the ground-hit sound will play rapidly over and over. Most of the time, they will slide (speed varies) along the edge of the ring until they meet a corner in which they will fall off the stage at lightspeed. If they slide into a wall, they will get stuck and the sound of ground-hit and wall-hit will both play rapidly over and over. During this state, you can usually attack them, and depending on the move, they will fall off the stage or be placed standing up on the map. However, if left in this state too long (like if they slide into a wall), the 360 will lock up (game crash). Untested on PS3.

this isnt really a fighting question but more of a lobby question. there are plenty of times where i will set up a 1v1 room, then someone joins in and next thing you know 2 more people are in the room. how the hell does that happen?

this isnt really a fighting question but more of a lobby question. there are plenty of times where i will set up a 1v1 room, then someone joins in and next thing you know 2 more people are in the room. how the hell does that happen?

I think they mentioned that above. And then how you can't boot the 3rd or 4th slot because it won't select it.

I wouldn't say that this is a glitch. NM can delay the counter attack blast if he is Soul Charged, most likely to throw off the gi-timing, so I think this is intentional. It's really really weird, and you are most likely never gonna come across this situation in an actual match, but they put it there.

it is possible to happen in match play if the nightmare player actually uses A+B regularly. for example, you can activate the A+B counter with 2A, then GI the counterattack, resulting in the "death stun." it seems like a glitch to me

Back