Oh no, my opponent is attacking, what do I do?

Impending_Doom66

[09] Warrior
Avoid attacks or preempting them should I say are the lifeblood of Soul Calibur. If someone knows and can identify their opponent's moves they can exploit this knowledge by reacting to attacks that would necessitate a block or GI instead with a sidestep, a tech crouch,r a tech jump. Instead of taking soul gauge damage or damage for that matter, you can instead do the above stated which bypasses any frame advantages or disadvantages and does the damage. To me, this has always been the most beautiful part of Soul Calibur and it is the aspect of the game that my friends and I try to perfect. Unfortunately, the knowledge doesn't seem to have disseminated into the Soul Calibur community. In fact, there is a lot of bias against avoiding over blocking attacks on this forum and given that my playgroup finds it quite easy I feel it is appropriate to start a thread about appropriate use of sidesteps, tech crouches, and tech jumps.

First, let's start with a couple of moves you should realistically JI or counter if you prefer (I prefer to counter but that's my preference)

Sieg's 236B
Sophitia's 236B
Mitsu's 2KB
Cassandra's 6B

All of these moves could be JIed or blocked but that is akin to doing just enough to win. You aren't appreciating the true beauty that is Soul Calibur 4 when you will only go halfway.A story for another time but I believe this is why America is just so bad at this game and life in general, they only do enough to get by. You must go all the way to truly see the beauty that was intended for this epic game.Well I have talked enough about that it's time to get back on topic.

First we have Sieg's 236B which is a vertical unblockable. Obviously, I could wait the whole hour it takes for the move to connect so I could complete a JI but this would give my opponent the chance to JI back which we don't want. So I could instead, let's use Setsuka for an example, sidestep out of the way of the attack and use B+K 61B 44B+K for guaranteed damage which is much prettier than waiting to JI it or getting hit with the attack.

We next have Sophitia's 236B which is a fast mid attack. Now this is a little harder to accomplish but I assure you it is indeed possible. If you have trained enough you will know the exact moment that any Sophitia user will ever use this attack and thus can beat the attack out. So instead of JIing the attack I could instead, using Cervy as an example, use 4B+K everytime I know Sophie will use 236B. Now you must be thinking how is that possible but if you train for hours and hours you will ALWAYS know when Sophie will use 236B and thus you can always beat it with Cervy's teleports. Of course Americans don't pay attention so they will have noticable trouble will this counter. I can do it 99.9% of the time so it is possible.

Next up we have Mitsu's 2KB which is a low to mid attack. Now I could JI the attack but that does not guarantee anything so I instead choose to tech jump it. An example I could use is Talim. When I know the enemy will use this (because I'm so good at reading people) I could use 9B instead to not only damage the enemy but also bounce him for combo damage. If you do this instead of blocking or JIing life will indeed be easier for you, but again this takes hours upon hours to learn when every Mitsu player will use this move.

Last we Cassandra's 6B a fast, long reaching high move. Now I could JI this but that is not the inner beauty of SC4 so we shall instead tech crouch it. I shall use Cassandra as my counter to this. Now instead of doing the obvious, nothing guaranteed, JI I could instead use 236AB and go straight to the damage. Thus I don't even need to worry about the JI giving counter damage when I could instead just catch the enemy in a counter anyways for guaranteed damage.

Now community I'm sure you are thinking it is impossible to know when any character will use any move but I tell you it is. I have trained for 12 hours a day to accomplish this and now all my fights end with me getting three perfects on my opponents. Through my learning I am also a master or every character and could win a tournament with any of them. I would love to share my exploits with the rest of the world but sadly I am not fairing well money wise, but I am ok with that as the WTF on my friends face when I always perfect them through my intense knowledge of every character is enough for me. As soon as NASA gets back to me about my job application and I start having cash flow in I might show everyone how amazing I am, but then again I'm not one to brag especially with all these Massholes who don't see the true beauty of this game. So I leave in awe of what I can do. All you need is an eternity of practice.

Thank you for reading and please feel free to leave your comments.

the obvious ambiguity of your threads are what keep me coming back for more.

gj as always, doom.

*thumbs up*

mmm calling BS on most of what your saying. mostly because you sound like a prick. maybe if i actually see you play then i can believe you. tho if your actually waiting for a job with nasa i'de kinda doubt that youde be practicing 12 hours a day because that would be mostly retarded. your sheer stupidity that everyone plays the same is not only nonsense but also completely egotistical. and if what u say is try that everyone plays the same then this game is uttercrap and the entire world should be nuked so that the world can restart anew.

mmm calling BS on most of what your saying. mostly because you sound like a prick. maybe if i actually see you play then i can believe you. tho if your actually waiting for a job with nasa i'de kinda doubt that youde be practicing 12 hours a day because that would be mostly retarded. your sheer stupidity that everyone plays the same is not only nonsense but also completely egotistical. and if what u say is try that everyone plays the same then this game is uttercrap and the entire world should be nuked so that the world can restart anew.

Lol, someone doesn't get the joke.

http://www.8wayrun.com/f6/oh-no-i-cannot-gi-what-do-i-t1582/

I don't understand the positive reactions in this thread.

Isn't he just being a simple asshole? Maybe there's something I can't see...

I STRONGLY DISAGREE.

Showering and wearing clean clothing to tournaments and social SC4 gatherins is the lifeblood of Soul Calibur. If some one shows to said event dressed stunningly, they could take advantage of their opponents awe and possibly jealousy and take advantage with stealing their girlfriend. Instead of taking soul gauge damage or damage for that matter, you can instead do the above stated which bypasses any frame advantages or disadvantages and damages the persons concentration. To me, this has always been the most beautiful part of Soul Calibur and it is the aspect of the game that my friends and I try to perfect. Unfortunately, the knowledge doesn't seem to have disseminated into the Soul Calibur community. In fact, there is a lot of bias against dressing well over showing up in greasy clothing smelling like sweat on this forum and given that my playgroup finds it quite easy I feel it is appropriate to start a thread about appropriate use of Designer Name Brands, Deodorant, and a comb.
First, let's start with a couple of items you should realistically purchase or make yourself if you prefer (preferably, I prefer to purchase but that's my preference)

Pants
T-Shirt
Axe Body Spray
Clearasil Facial Wash

All of these items could be worn seperately, but that is akin to doing just enough to win. You aren't appreciating the true beauty that is Soul Calibur 4 when you will only go halfway.A story for another time but I believe this is why America is just so bad at this game and life in general, they only do enough to get by. You must go all the way to truly see the beauty that was intended for this epic game.Well I have talked enough about that it's time to get back on topic.

First we have Pants which are worn on the leg area. Obviously, I could wait the whole hour it takes for the underage workers in my basement to make a pair so I could impress the ladies, but this would give my opponent the chance to win the match due to me being late for the tourney which we don't want. So I could instead, let's use Levi's for an example, Wear a stunning pair of pants, and throw him for guaranteed damage while he is staring at my legs and not the TV screen, which is much more effective than fighting against an opponent who IS watching the TV screen.

We next have a T-Shirt, which is an upper body garment. Now this is a little harder to accomplish but I assure you it is indeed possible. If you have trained enough you will know the exact opening that your head and arms must fit in, thus you will know exactly where to move your body parts to prevent the T-Shirt from ever trapping you in its cottony grips.. So instead of Getting tangled in the shirt I could instead, using the "Arms-under-and-through" technique as an example, Place my arms first in either end of the shirt, thus preventing any possibility of incorrect head entry. Now you must be thinking how is that possible but if you train for hours and hours you will ALWAYS know which opening is for the head and thus you can always avoid it by putting your arms in first.. Of course Americans don't pay attention so they will have noticable trouble will this method. I can do it 99.9% of the time so it is possible, but most Americans will put the shirt on backwards 68.2375% of the time.

Next up we have Axe Body Spray which is a deodorant/body spray. Now I could show up with smelly armpits, but that doesn't guarantee anything, so I chose to wear it. An example I could use is Female Gamers. When I know the enemy will be this (because I'm so good at guessing peoples genders) I could use Axe Body Spray instead to not only charm the enemy but also bring her home for a wild night. If you do this instead of smelling up the place life will indeed be more exciting for you, but again this takes hours upon hours to learn when every player will be female.

Last we have a Comb, a long plastic object with teeth. Now I could pass over this but that is not the inner beauty of SC4 so we shall instead run it through our (hopefully washed) hair. I shall use clear field of vision as my counter to this. Now instead of doing the obvious, not seeing what was happening in the match, having my long greasy hair in bunches all over my face I could instead use a comb and push the hair neatly to the back of my cranim. Thus I don't even need to worry about not seeing the match properly when I could instead just look fasionable (for the ladies) and do damaging moves when my opponent isn't blocking for guaranteed damage.

Now community I'm sure you are thinking it is impossible to be a gamer and take care of your appearance but I tell you it is. I have trained for 12 hours a day to accomplish this and now all my fights end with me nailing some hot chick in the back of my van. Through my learning I am also a master of every position and could steal your girlfriend with any of them. I would love to share my exploits with the rest of the world but sadly I am not fairing well money wise, but I am ok with that as the WTF on my friends face when I always perfect them through my stunning beauty distracting them is enough for me. As soon as GQ Magazine gets back to me about my job application and I start having cash flow in I might show everyone how amazing I am, but then again I'm not one to brag especially with all these Massholes who don't see the true beauty of this game. So I leave in awe of what I can do. All you need is an eternity of practice.

I STRONGLY DISAGREE.

Showering and wearing clean clothing to tournaments and social SC4 gatherins is the lifeblood of Soul Calibur. If some one shows to said event dressed stunningly, they could take advantage of their opponents awe and possibly jealousy and take advantage with stealing their girlfriend. Instead of taking soul gauge damage or damage for that matter, you can instead do the above stated which bypasses any frame advantages or disadvantages and damages the persons concentration. To me, this has always been the most beautiful part of Soul Calibur and it is the aspect of the game that my friends and I try to perfect. Unfortunately, the knowledge doesn't seem to have disseminated into the Soul Calibur community. In fact, there is a lot of bias against dressing well over showing up in greasy clothing smelling like sweat on this forum and given that my playgroup finds it quite easy I feel it is appropriate to start a thread about appropriate use of Designer Name Brands, Deodorant, and a comb.
First, let's start with a couple of items you should realistically purchase or make yourself if you prefer (preferably, I prefer to purchase but that's my preference)

Pants
T-Shirt
Axe Body Spray
Clearasil Facial Wash

All of these items could be worn seperately, but that is akin to doing just enough to win. You aren't appreciating the true beauty that is Soul Calibur 4 when you will only go halfway.A story for another time but I believe this is why America is just so bad at this game and life in general, they only do enough to get by. You must go all the way to truly see the beauty that was intended for this epic game.Well I have talked enough about that it's time to get back on topic.

First we have Pants which are worn on the leg area. Obviously, I could wait the whole hour it takes for the underage workers in my basement to make a pair so I could impress the ladies, but this would give my opponent the chance to win the match due to me being late for the tourney which we don't want. So I could instead, let's use Levi's for an example, Wear a stunning pair of pants, and throw him for guaranteed damage while he is staring at my legs and not the TV screen, which is much more effective than fighting against an opponent who IS watching the TV screen.

We next have a T-Shirt, which is an upper body garment. Now this is a little harder to accomplish but I assure you it is indeed possible. If you have trained enough you will know the exact opening that your head and arms must fit in, thus you will know exactly where to move your body parts to prevent the T-Shirt from ever trapping you in its cottony grips.. So instead of Getting tangled in the shirt I could instead, using the "Arms-under-and-through" technique as an example, Place my arms first in either end of the shirt, thus preventing any possibility of incorrect head entry. Now you must be thinking how is that possible but if you train for hours and hours you will ALWAYS know which opening is for the head and thus you can always avoid it by putting your arms in first.. Of course Americans don't pay attention so they will have noticable trouble will this method. I can do it 99.9% of the time so it is possible, but most Americans will put the shirt on backwards 68.2375% of the time.

Next up we have Axe Body Spray which is a deodorant/body spray. Now I could show up with smelly armpits, but that doesn't guarantee anything, so I chose to wear it. An example I could use is Female Gamers. When I know the enemy will be this (because I'm so good at guessing peoples genders) I could use Axe Body Spray instead to not only charm the enemy but also bring her home for a wild night. If you do this instead of smelling up the place life will indeed be more exciting for you, but again this takes hours upon hours to learn when every player will be female.

Last we have a Comb, a long plastic object with teeth. Now I could pass over this but that is not the inner beauty of SC4 so we shall instead run it through our (hopefully washed) hair. I shall use clear field of vision as my counter to this. Now instead of doing the obvious, not seeing what was happening in the match, having my long greasy hair in bunches all over my face I could instead use a comb and push the hair neatly to the back of my cranim. Thus I don't even need to worry about not seeing the match properly when I could instead just look fasionable (for the ladies) and do damaging moves when my opponent isn't blocking for guaranteed damage.

Now community I'm sure you are thinking it is impossible to be a gamer and take care of your appearance but I tell you it is. I have trained for 12 hours a day to accomplish this and now all my fights end with me nailing some hot chick in the back of my van. Through my learning I am also a master of every position and could steal your girlfriend with any of them. I would love to share my exploits with the rest of the world but sadly I am not fairing well money wise, but I am ok with that as the WTF on my friends face when I always perfect them through my stunning beauty distracting them is enough for me. As soon as GQ Magazine gets back to me about my job application and I start having cash flow in I might show everyone how amazing I am, but then again I'm not one to brag especially with all these Massholes who don't see the true beauty of this game. So I leave in awe of what I can do. All you need is an eternity of practice.

L-O-fucking-L!!!

I don't understand the positive reactions in this thread.

Isn't he just being a simple asshole? Maybe there's something I can't see...

Go read everything Warble's ever posted, and you'll get it... along with plenty of lulz, if you have a sense of humor.

@Doom, and Sponge

This joke made my day. Especially with how serious the other is about his thread. ;)

Yes and no. Yes, people are laying it on a bit thick and it kinda diminishes the forum a little. However, people have been asking warble for a long time to post ANYTHING backing up his claims, or go to tourneys. Warble refuses. What you're seeing is what happens when you talk a big game and don't want to back it up.

when i saw archangel had posted in this thread, i thought nuuu... another doom thread locked/deleted!

but he understands the hate!

let the thread continue! gogo doom threads

Trolling is like disrespect ; It's the cool thing these days.

...Oh wait, both are the same, doh.

@ Plume and fellow trolls, congrats you are amazing at being assholes. You sure know how to contribute to a thread, don't you? Please just stay out of THIS particular thread, ok? Be an asshole to people in some other threads, I'm sure there are plenty for you to choose from.

Back