[Oklahoma] Oklahoma Match

Azure

[09] Warrior
Looking for an offline match in Oklahoma, if theres any in lawton let me know. After not having Live for a few weeks and hopping back on i notice the difference and what everone means by the online lag. I got so used to it i couldnt tell the difference. I was able to just impact 90% of the time on xbox live. only against Cervantes noobs though, lol

Oklahoma Match

There's about 5 of us total now in Norman that play, ranging from beginner to expert. There's even more in Tulsa, but that's farther away for you. Drop me a message on here if you want to play sometime. Also you can check out okgamers.com

Oklahoma Match

Hopefully, you're not talking about me when you say beginner, Fuzion. :)

Azure--If you ever find yourself in Norman, just shoot me a PM and we can play. I'm always looking for new competition.

Oklahoma Match

Hehe nope, I was talkin about a coworker actually. He's really only played the CPU in sc3 mostly, and played me a few times. At least he doesnt do only B+G throws exclusively on me anymore lol

Oklahoma Match

What? You mean you can't just mash A to break throws?...there's a second button, too?!? Broken, I say!

Oklahoma Match

ive been to norman once but it was for a field trip to OU for my chinese class. we walked a lot on the campus so if you are anywhere near the campus i may have seen you. lol

Oklahoma Match

Well we got effed out of another tournament in the OKC area. There were extenuating circumstances that prevented the blah blah blah....

The point is that I'm losing faith in the OKC tournament scene. Are you guys down there ever going to hold a tournament and NOT cancel it one or two days before it actually is supposed to happen?

This isn't pointed at anyone in this thread it's really just me ranting... well... if anyone in the Tulsa area wants to get in some games, send me a message here.

Oklahoma Match

Could one of you... go into more detail about the size of the scene in Tulsa?

I'll be going there for college so...

Oklahoma Match

The only thing I know about the tournament scene in Tulsa is that it's bigger than OU's. Seriously, we only have a handful of people down here that play. It's sad, really.

Oklahoma Match

Honestly for the regular people in Tulsa it's ~6 or so people who will show up on Tues and Thus (and sometimes Sat) at ~7:00pm at a guy named Saif's (phonetic: 'SAFF') house.

We use http://www.okgamers.com/index.php that site for alot of our communication of events, tournaments and what not.

Normally we'll hold one tournament a month and sometimes two depending on other venues.

Which school are you going to be attending? TU? Spartan? NSU?

Oklahoma Match

... the welding school.

Hey, it's what I like to do. Don't hate on technical colleges like everyone else I see. >_<

Oklahoma Match

Hey, MichaelJackson, what tournament rules do you usually use? The only link I could find on OKGamers gave me a blank PDF...unless you guys are really flexible with the rules.

Oklahoma Match

WE PLAY ONLY "SPECIAL VS." WITH STAR WARS CHARS AND ALGOL ONLY

-har har har, we use the tournament standard:

Rules:
Time: 60 Seconds, 2 out of 3 matches, 3 out of 5 for finals.
Pausing forfeits the ROUND, Soft-Reset forfeits the MATCH
Button Mapping allowed before the beginning of the match
NO PAUSING - MAKE SURE you set your controllers before selecting a character!!

Weapon Select [OFF]
Handicap [OFF]
Neutral Guard [ON]
Stage Select [OFF]

Allowed:
Edit Colors

Banned:
BONUS CHARACTERS - banned
Yoda / Vader / ALGOL - banned
Any infinite banned
Custom characters banned
Customized characters banned

----

...and heck yeah welding school. I used to work at the Papa John's Pizza place near there. Good times.

Send me a pm on here and if any of you guys are interested in coming to Saif's house on a Tue or Thu evening.

Oklahoma Match

So check this out... The Tulsa people plan on being heading down to Norman to play with all you crazy kids on Sat, Dec 6th. I think the plan so far is to get ~4 people down there... Me, Stuntmidget, Coolsvilla, and Afrotastic (who is actually a SSBB player moreso than SCIV, but he was interested as well) to play all day from like ~1pm on and the leave the same day later at night.

SO CLEAR YOUR CALENDARS AND GET READY FOR AN INVASION OF YOUR HOMES FROM YOUR NEIGHBORS TO THE NORTH!

Oklahoma Match

Canadians are coming? :)

Sounds great. I'm looking forward to playing some new people.

Back