Old Man's Wisdom: Mitsurugi Combos

This requires three edge moves and it may take some trickery to get your enemy started on it :D

4A6 B BE 3Y BE 2KY BE

@Belial : Don't forget that after a Guard burst, you hit on CH. So the 236B hold combo do 89 dmg instead of 76. iFC1BB can be used to with the 33BB combo ^^

@Belial : Don't forget that after a Guard burst, you hit on CH. So the 236B hold combo do 89 dmg instead of 76. iFC1BB can be used to with the 33BB combo ^^
It hits on CH but the damage is same as normal hit. Best dmg overall is 44B6MSTB*,B+K,1A

Post GC best damage:
No meter:
FC 1BB 66A+B: 86 / FC 1BB 33BB : 88

1/2 Bar
44B6,MSTB*,B+K,1A: 97

1 bar
236B CE : 113

3/2 bar
none

2bar
236B CE CE 161

3B_33B, 6B9 (50-56) seems to be a better combo than 3B 236B.

Clean hit only occurs 20% of the time, and its 8 dmg increase, so the overall damage of 3B 236B juggle is
(63x8 + 71x2)/10 = 64,6 = ~65

its about 8-9 dmg more per juggle than 3B 6B9
But as some of you noticed if opponent AC after 3B 236B juggle they are very far away and can interrupt or step you next atacks = you get no wakeup at all.

Well with 3B 6B9 you do.
You have serious advantage after this juggle so you can run and mixup, if they get up there is no escape.
So they should roll right?
1A is guaranteed to hit all rolls for 38(!)
but even if you're too afraid to use 1A you can still run/dash and apply your basic stuff.
66B will hit right and back rolls , 1B will hit left rolls, 66A+B hit back rolls and I havent tested that yet, but Im pretty sure that you will be left at small disadvantage on wiff against side rolls.

Now the average damage from your sucessful 1A 2KB/3B mixup is something like this
38+52+56 / 4 = 36,5
I divide by four b/c I figured out you have to double guess - first to do 1A or not, then the initial mixup. I hope math nerds will correct me on this.
It is arguable about that all this is punishable but I think resets from 2KB and 3B 6b9 actually make up for that.

Overall damage avg from 3B 6B9 goes up to something like 56+36,5 = 92,5

I think that if you need mixup you should go for 3B 6B9
If you want to close the round 3B 236B
If you have at least 1 bar of meter 3B 236B*
Anyway, try this juggle out and tell me how it worked for you.

The 1A or 3B/2KB mixup should be:

((52+56)/2 + 38)/2 = 46

Even better than you thought! I think this is the correct expression for the expected value here, assuming all choices are weighted equally (as in they mix it up 50-50). An easy way of thinking of it: for a 50-50 mixup of a and b, the expected value is half of the damage of the two options added together.

The situation you've presented involves two consecutive mixups, so you just calculate the expected value of the second mixup (3B/2KB) and then the first one (1A or standing mixup) just by saying you're mixing up one option with the second mixup, which only occurs given the first mixup was a success.

That is a lot of potential extra damage but this would probably not be a good idea against characters who can punish.

The 1A or 3B/2KB mixup should be:

((52+56)/2 + 38)/2 = 46

That is a lot of potential extra damage but this would probably not be a good idea against characters who can punish.
Thx! I thought that Mitsu is anyway involved in 3B 2KB mixups, so there is not much point in holding back. Mitsu is all about risk it seems. So far I'm very happy with this juggle, 8 pts dmg for good wakeup seems like a very good deal :)

I'm having a hard time connecting that on a back tech vs. Pyrrha.

96 DMG is nothing to scoff at, though.

I must have been mistaken. I can't reproduce catching back tech

Also 3b 1b 1b comparable damage to 3b 236b and leaves them at tip range

Ok, Doing the 1AB 236 6B2, I noticed that I missed the timing 1 time over 4 cause Im WEAK as belial said. Anyway, here is a no skill combo for noobs like me after 1AB==> 1AB 2A+B 66A+B which BTW does 103 instead of 102 for the previous one 1AB 236 6B2. Tell me what you think about it.
ZWEI here I come sorry Mitsu I wonder why im still practising him.....

lol, I took ZWEI as well recently, although I dont like him)
yes 2A+B is better combos, not b/c of the damage but b/c its easier to connect.

A single step (2_8) away from a directly facing or especially an off axis opponent, 3B 66BB will connect for 81 dmg. Great for something that doesn't require any meter.

Sorry for not reading the whole thread, so just igonre of already known. I saw in first post you only listed 11BA Wallcombos when you hit 4K etc from Max range, but this seems pretty constant to me and havent seen it in your video:

3B~W!~iFC1B~11BA6~MSTB B+K BE~CE alone is 129 DMG. So better than the other ones you listed in first post.

In general with iFC1B you can do plenty of shit after a 3B wallsplat, A+B connects, 66A+B gives a grounstun, 11BA connects, 236 B Hold connects, 44B into MST Shit connects etc. Im sure you guys can find better stuff. Mitsu Wall is SCARY. I dont know his in and outs, so i just thought i post this and you guys can find the rest :)

If you do just 3B~W!~iFC1B~W!~11BA6~MST B B+K~1A you get 120+ DMG without any BE. 130 + with a BE etc. NO CE. Just one BE.WTF. Alpha Pat style.

Also 44B into MST B B+K or MST B BE is really good since you can gor for CE afterwards it seems.

Can somebody please recheck this? i tested on Pyrrha.

EDIT: Did a bit more testing, of course its char dependant. Somehow works on tiny hitboxes like Pyrrha and Omega, also on Ivy, but not on Alpha. But since im not a Mitsu Players i wont check all chars for you :)

But i feel like its worth to check.

well, it requires a specific distance which is hard to get in a match. i would forget it. but it works

Back