One With the Wind: The SCIV Talim Player Guide

I agree with you full heartedly. I just copyied and pasted what ZeroEffect said in the first post onto Microsoft Word and then printed it.
Its an ink guzzler though. And It might not work if your microsoft word isnt updated.

wow i didnt think there was that many talims online im happy to see that there is we need to make a talim room and go at it

hmm when i went around obsorbing talims i only found 2 good ones, Luff_The_talim2 im not sure if that 2 was there b4 but i think we fought, but the best one was heavenly19 omg shes nice but i got her so if anyone is up for a talim fight message me xXZenakuXx oh and i only fight players that have 4 and 5 i dont do 3 and down but sometimes are connection might not link right...what can u do well hit me up zen out

hmm when i went around obsorbing talims i only found 2 good ones, Luff_The_talim2 im not sure if that 2 was there b4 but i think we fought, but the best one was heavenly19 omg shes nice but i got her so if anyone is up for a talim fight message me xXZenakuXx oh and i only fight players that have 4 and 5 i dont do 3 and down but sometimes are connection might not link right...what can u do well hit me up zen out

Yes heavenly is good. But anyway. Staying on topic!

I was playing inksplatter a week or two ago and he told me that I need some move similar to X's b+k or 1b+k. I dont remember what it was. But I was think could WC k be used to quickly evade and counter some Verticals?

@Talim JP - Do you have Microsoft Word or something? You might be able to copy and paste into there and print.

@Luff - Yeah I've always wished Talim had a move like X's 44B. (Like if they made her WL stance faster) But the best she has is probably 44A+B or WL. 44A+B is decent for close range mixups, but it doesn't backstep very far.

WC K can be used like X 1B+K I suppose, but WC's evasion only works at the beginning frames.
So if you time it exactly right you should evade verticals that don't track. Whenever I try to do WC K as an evade I get hit, but I have gotten it to work as a RO. Jaxel gets that move to work, and I dunno how he does it.

Lol Jaxel uses magic.
WC k works offline. But i'm scared to use it too much. Cause I use it offline i'll get hit as you've said.
I just hope they give Talim more Evasive abilities. Even if her frames arent much different. Just her being able to dodge like the character she looks like at first would be great.

well i found that wc work better when u go the direction closer to the enemys back it tracks less a few times i went all the way behind them, oh man guys most talim players dont use her 3B A works really good it crushs horazontals and on stun hit wc k could put them into a wall for a good loop after the wall do 3B A wc k and if they block put the grab in there for a mix up lol i got kicked out a room for it this guy kept crouching cus he didnt want to get the wc grab lol then the 3B A wall loop was doing alot more

Yeah that's mostly true, but it's also character dependent. Seong Mina for example you wanna step to her front side, so WC will also be better to her front side.

And I can't hit the 3BA loop online due to lag, but if you can loop it like that more power to you. Talim becomes really hard for me to use online when I can't time combos properly...

the best combo i did with her is, on counter hit 6K if they not good at stun wiggle lol do 2.6B it blows them up into the air then do 6AB now this is tricky cus the wall has to be a perfect distances for the wall for the enemy to hit it (or its a nice ringout), and then u link 2.6B again they fly up then do 66B and then 2AB if they tec there in a tec trap now u can land ither with the low hit mid or land in there face and grab them i love doing that when i get players blocking its over btw this combo is only usable on wall stages and cant escape if u dont brake out of the stun from 6K

Yeah that's mostly true, but it's also character dependent. Seong Mina for example you wanna step to her front side, so WC will also be better to her front side.

And I can't hit the 3BA loop online due to lag, but if you can loop it like that more power to you. Talim becomes really hard for me to use online when I can't time combos properly...

u guys might know this one already but im going to say it anyway 6K on stun hit 2.6B, 66B, 2AB u can try a tec trap after that but most players i played roll on the flor left or right i just front flip k after 2AB then fall on them then get up with a low or her back kick dapending on were the are its nice and safe unlike her low or mid hit thats punishable on block or miss, oh and u dont need the 6K stun u can go for a A high crush with her 2.6B then do the combo form there and its good damage its like 60 or 80 i forgot

lol i see thanks i kill her alot without it but that is vary good to know ah would u like to spar oneday zero?

Thanks for the tip!

I have a fully updated Word 2007 (Vista), I'll try cuttin and pastin.

EDIT
Looks like it will work- 17 A4 pages (for the guide and the frames explanation post (adds 2 pages), cut out the post in between).

@ Zenaku: Keep in mind that 6K is a shakeable stun. In fact I think it's relatively easy to shake out of. So you should be carefull at expecting to fully complete the combo everytime.

@ Zenaku: Keep in mind that 6K is a shakeable stun. In fact I think it's relatively easy to shake out of. So you should be carefull at expecting to fully complete the combo everytime.

yes i know that but you will be surprised on how many players get cought by it and i mean high level players too but i do have something els for them if they break it, ill try the 6K 2.6B combo and they get out of it the first time i know it wont work on them so i stun them with the 6K then do 1.1KA then after they see im doing that and they crouch i mix it up with the 2.6B i like making my enemy think and i read players tatics alot ill even take 3 to 4 loses to learn them but if there really good i must play smart thats all

Read the guide and think it's pretty good, good job!

Have a few comments, may have time to get em down tomorrow.

6K (CH), A+K, AA6BA, 4BB, 66A+B
Such a fun combo when it works

And the guide is really good. I love not attacking when im transitioning with WL, AS, and WC then getting a BT B in on the opponent or some quick pokes when they are off guard.

I do think that 4A+B is underused a little bit. It works wonders on dodging attacks that you can predict are not going to have good range (3B with mitsu, 6AK with mina, and lot of taki's attacks), and if you have enough space iv dodged cassie's 236B on a few occasions. And people usually expect BT B after getting the attack off, so it makes for a good opportunity to get her command throw in.

And i dont know if this is just me, but whenever i use 66A+BG, the opponent is never faked out by it, and i usually get punished or poked, or the opponent just keeps on guarding and i try to use BT B or IWC and get stuck at a terrible disadvantage.

OK.

(Some of this cause of my field of work so sorry for the perfectionist stance, haha.)

First some possible typos:

Maybe underline the different sections so they stand out more.
Oh, I've seen you've made it easier to see the divides with color and/or underlines- good!

Side note (2nd para) on first page- left the notations in #'s, don't know it you wanted to use the graphic ones or not.

In :A::A::
"interrupting your opponent's attack"

In the Knockback and Punishment section:
"consistently"

In General Strat 1.
I think you want the last sentence to read "... you predictably can put yourself out in positions to..."

In last sentence in 3.
Should be "they're" insteada "their".

In 5.
66A is in there twice (don't know if you wanted to use the graphics).

Possible moves left out:
I think WC:A::+::K: can be a good move if used at the right time (but ya it's slow).

Not much is said about her WS moves (which esp in SCIV are becomin more important).

not bad zero, read the whole thing. Maybe talk about her weird stuff like 33a random stun and her empty WL glitch after 11b WC and their applications...but great read

Talim JP - Haha, oh ok. I was referring to any comments on strategy or setups and stuff. But I probably should go and fix the errors you mentioned anyway.

Suphy - so far I haven't found any use for the BT WL trick in a match, but if there is one I'll put it in there.

At the very end of my post I had some move comments, but other than those it seems like you pretty much covered everything that needs it.

Ah I see. Well then, I guess I should get on that matchup guide sometime soon when I'm not working on art/animation stuff.

Back