One With the Wind: The SCIV Talim Player Guide

Good job Zero, but you forgot to mention that Talim can get hit out of her stances. And why don't you add some match up data as well to the guide?

I actually did start a match up guide a few months ago, I just never got around to posting it and ended up forgetting about it. I'll have to dig that back up.

Hm, I guess after looking at it I probably should put the fact that she can be hit out of stances in there somewhere. I thought it was common knowledge, but maybe there's ONE Talim player out there who is still that new to the game.

It's not that Zero. I just felt that people picking up Talim should know that. I wish she couldn't be hit out of them. That would make her much a better character. but hey, we SC5 to look forward to. Let's make the history of bad Talim end. I want l33t Talim back in SC2 in Sc5.

Yeah I know, I wasn't being sarcastic. That's why I said I probably should put that part in there somewhere after reading it over.

I don't think her getting hit out of stances on block is a big deal since she does have a few frame traps, and it's fair. She does have a couple transitions that can't be interrupted. Getting interrupted out of certain stances on HIT though, that's unnecessary.

My point exactly. I don't like it she can knock out of them on hit. but yeah this guide is making me paly the game again. Even though I remember my Talim well i'm going to add some of your tricks.

Mind listing the transitions that cannot be interrupted? I was under the impression that they're pretty much all interruptable...

11B into AS. 11B forces crouch on block, so most if not all characters have to settle for running under her if she does AS. They can do a retreating move like a 7B or something, but that would lose to WL or WC. 22B has a frame trap with AS A+B or AS K on block.

Didn't realize the above.
Thanks ZeroEfect317!
:(1):or:(3)::B:by itself wil leave Talim BT (Back Turned).
with :6: it shifts to AS (Air Sault)
with :4: it shifts to WL (Wind Leap)
with :2:or:8:it shifts to WC (Wind Charmer).

Back