[Oregon] PSC4 Networking

Xeris

[08] Mercenary
Oregon players should post here, so we can get together for locals/friendlies, and get you guys some exposure.

PSN or XBL Tags, as well as your gamertag are cool, more your location in relation to the Beaverton Area.

Oregon PSC4 Networking

Eugene. I attend UO at the moment, until summer when I go back to Vegas. My GT is up there^, but I mostly just spam Rock/Vader/Algol online.

I'll actually be in Seattle this weekend, not for PAX though. I'll mostly be with my siblings so I doubt I'd be able to make it out to anything too. I'll keep an eye out for free-time in the schedule though.

Okay that's cool. Just let us know if you wanna get together for a gaming session or something and we can set it up.

ABOUT THURSDAY NIGHT FIGHTS @ VERSIS (AKA "FIGHT NIGHTS")

When: Every Thursday, 6pm-10pm

Where: Versis Videogame Center - 1356 NW Civic Dr. Gresham, OR 97030

Cost: $10 pays for the entire night of playing all available console or PC fighting games. Again, the $10 is a one-time fee for the day, it is not the hourly rate. If the event goes past 10pm (it often does, sometimes even to 5am), you won't be charged for any further gametime. On occasion, coupons may become available for Fight Night, so be on the lookout for those and feel free to ask me via private message.

SPECIAL OFFER: Bring a guest who has never been to a Fight Night before in at full price and get your admission to Fight Night free.

Fight Night sessions are played on our large HD setups with USB access provided for arcade sticks and corded controllers. Two arcade sticks on each system (360 and PS3) are provided, but bringing your own stick is always recommended and many of our members are happy to let others play on them (assuming good consideration and care).

During the sessions that go very late, we often prepare additional setups tailored to the group's needs and especially if our members provide it (import Wii's, CRT monitors, near-lagless monitors, etc...). It's a community effort.

All console fighting games are covered under the $10 fee. We have 360s, PS3s, Wii consoles, and PCs. Our fighting game library includes King of Fighters XII, BlazBlue, Street Fighter IV, Tekken 5 DR, SSF2T:HD Remix, Soul Calibur IV, Virtua Fighter 5, Dead or Alive 4 and even some older fighting games. And yes, Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl are also options at the Fight Nights.

A PC will also be made available for the group in case you need to look up something or watch youtube videos or whatever.

There is also a 25 cent multicade arcade machine loaded up with lots of fighting games. The library includes most Capcom and SNK fighting games that were not on a Naomi or CPS3 board.

Players are welcome to bring any appropriate equipment they feel necessary such as additional CRTs, monitors, systems, games, hard drives, controllers, etc... We really do want to support all fighting games possible.

The Fight Nights are a blast and the most active games of late have included Street Fighter IV, Virtua Fighter 5, Soul Calibur IV, KOF XII, BlazBlue, HD Remix, and Super Turbo: Grandmaster Challenge on the multicade. When Tekken 6 comes out, we'd love to see that grow into a staple too.

We're always looking to provide a place for the community to develop, expand, and together experience games as best as we can provide.

Nice to meet you all. I go by Chanchai. I've always liked Soul Edge and the Soul Calibur games, mostly play Mitsurugi. I am usually in the Portland/Gresham area. Currently live in Lake Oswego though, but will be moving to Beaverton within a year.

My main game is actually Virtua Fighter 5, but I really enjoy playing Soul Calibur with anyone.

My PSN is Chanchai.

Btw, nice to see ya Xeris!

The Fight Nights have been going strong with good attendance and even more new faces! Despite that, we are now offering something special to all Fight Night participants:

SPECIAL OFFER: Bring a guest who has never been to a Fight Night before in at full price and get your admission to Fight Night free.

The past few weeks have seen a lot of diversity in game selection at Fight Night. While SF4 is still the most played game at the nights, we have been getting more and more Tekken 6 buzz with people playing both Tekken 5DR and Tekken Tag--and having an absolute blast. Veterans and Tekken Newcomers have been playing and enjoying those games.

On top of that, Soul Calibur IV has also become more common. Virtua Fighter 5, HDR, BlazBlue, and KOF XII are also getting in some great sessions.

I am hoping to find time to write a more detailed report on the recent sessions as they have been pretty good and diverse.

Hay what up guys. I'm reppin the 541! Used to be a ranked player if you guys want to have some sessions locally in the EUG. Add me on xbox. o0RedMenace0o

Damn OR is looking dead but I'll be in Eugene for Starting Mar 4 for 2-3 weeks so I was hoping to get some casuals going but looks like my only option is WA

A local arcade opened up in downtown Eugene called Shoryuken League. I met some good SCV players there so if anyone happens to be from Eugene hits is up and support the scene.

If anyone still reads this thread, I live in Eugene (really close to shoryuken league actually) and I'm really new to the scene. If anyone wants to play in the area let me know!

If anyone still reads this thread, I live in Eugene (really close to shoryuken league actually) and I'm really new to the scene. If anyone wants to play in the area let me know!
I'm moving around end of August, but I'll be down to visit the league to play some SCV matches before I leave. I know another local guy who's really good too. Just PM me and we can get something organized.

Living in Medford, OR now. Would love to hook up with players in southern oregon (Grant's pass, Medford, Ashland)

Back