Patroklos A+B Glitch (SCV v1.03)

This sounds pretty game breaking for an already good character. Makes me sad. If this doesn't get patched it could kill an already weak tournament scene.

Makes me sad.
sup Uber1337

ahh, I love saying hi to people I've met IRL! so glorious!

ahm, aside from string counters, depending on the character you're playing against this can be pretty hard to land. 113 is a lot of damage, but, you're still vulnerable to timing changes, highs, lows, kicks, stabs, and grabs. Something-Unique said that Viola's backgrab infinite was situational, and could possibly be avoided- I think the same of this particular glitch as well.

I suppose we'll just have to see. I could be biased, since I've managed to land it a total of 0 times. (Though, the quick-charge version I've hit once or twice, I think.)

This is great against chars like seigfried, but in order to really land the double hit version, you cant really hold the charge. I've managed to hit the 64 damage version consistently, even while holding the charge a bit.

What do you mean by "you can't hold the charge"? You tap the first time and then you hold the second time until the move comes out. The only difference between the 60 damage version and the double hit version is the time you start holding the second input.

I did manage to land it once. That sort of damage can't be beat.

If it helps anyone, I find that I hit the double-hit version more often (at least in practice) if I charge, then release and hold again as quickly as possible. I think if you are too slow when you come off and back on it won't work.

I think I'm going to hit up noodalls.

I hit it a few times today. You have to get lucky, or read your opponent to hit it, but I did hit it more than once today.
It really helps, it's very good damage.

I'd say, get your training with this move in while you can. This can win matches for you if you play your cards right.

It's a bit hard to figure out the timing at first, but once you figure it out it's possible to do fairly consistently. I just tap and release then hold the second one. I don't use anything on screen for my timing, I just have a rhythm down for it I guess....

From original post: 'When the 2nd A+B is pressed on frame 18 or 19, it does two hits for 88 damage'

It's like inviting me to a party to find the beer's already been drunk.

Exactly as was posted, hold A+B from F18 or 19.

If you hold the initial A+B for more than 8F/10F (F0-7 if second input occurs F18, F0-9 if 2nd inputs occurs on F19) then the next input won't work (becomes 62dmg).

i.e. Press the first input (not too long), press the second input with good timing and then hold it.

Its also worth noting that the glitch also doubles the GB damage - correctly done it breaks in 4 hits (lol).
You can also simultaneously break and attack with the glitch

If you hold the initial A+B for more than 8F/10F (F0-7 if second input occurs F18, F0-9 if 2nd inputs occurs on F19) then the next input won't work (becomes 62dmg).

i.e. Press the first input (not too long), press the second input with good timing and then hold it.
Alright. I just needed some additional confirmation, thanks again man.

Too bad this game doesn't show you a frame readout like Virtua Fighter... Oh well.

Its also worth noting that the glitch also doubles the GB damage - correctly done it breaks in 4 hits (lol).
You can also simultaneously break and attack with the glitch
I have indeed noticed this. Against people who don't duck A+B I've gone from 0 to break in 1 round (I think it's in the last part of the video I posted). Man, I hope someone who goes to Raleigh is reading this right now, I wanna see this on stream.

Ive gotten up to 97 damage when getting A+B to do 2 hits. Not sure if anyone has gotten damage this high yet.

Back