Pirate Matchups

i dont see how i mean i dont think its disadvantage but it might be cause cervy doesnt have to effective ways to get in that arent risky to the point of possible quarter health loss

for asty and cervy i would its is almost equal but still a little more towards cervy because pirate has quick moves that can catch an astaroth off guard and make him lose... FC A+BBBBBB series catches me off guard because its pretty quick to execute and is goldy quick. Also if you just know how to throw break very well, he shouldnt be hard to fight...

idk it kinda sounds like your just trying to sum up astaroth to easilly he's just one of those characters that i dont think really should have a matchup chart cause he can change a match really quickly and he's pretty much the same speed as cervy 6A is faster than any of cervys shit

Cervantes vs Astaroth is 5/5

-If Asta blocks 2A+B or 1K, get ready to break a crouch throw and god help you if you guess wrong
-aB owns his 6K on block
-Asta's throw range is retarded, just like against anybody else, you can't stay in his face all day, too scary

hi guys, i would share with you some thoughts 'bout taki matchup, cuz quite often i fight a taki player.
like someone said before, maybe nori, i don't remember, you have to be patient, use pokes, and do strong mind game, especially with trows.
here's some moves/strats i think are useful against the kunoichi:

- 2A/3K/2K/6k/A series: pokes are of vital importance in this matchup, use they often, but with mind.
- aB: this punishment is so important in this matchup, w/ it you can punish some stuff out of taki's moveset, you have to make taki fear this move, and imho it's useful at max range too, for spacing, in this way you can't be punished, cuz of taki's short range;
- B2: i use it after taki's PO, it works great almost all the time (see below), as PO interrupt, trust me, try this, it will annoy taki so bad!
- 3A+B: nice option after PO stepping, and stepping in general, in this way you cut some PO options out of taki. nice for spacing too, plus on right distance it's safe (on block it's i9~i10 punishable), i'm not sure 'bout this, if some whore fast move can punish it, PO A/A+B A series etc (anyways so little damage), need to test, atm i don't have consolle in my hands, darn;
- 44B: that move rocks against short ranged chars. i use it during mixup, usually after pokes. taki will fear this so bad;
- A+B: idk why but i think this move is fine in some occasions, maybe cuz the shakeable stuns force your enemies to make some faast movements, this "distract" them, and that's fine for following cervy's mind games;
- iTP: due to taki's speed, this move is godlike. works great for surprising fast chars that go for close pressing;
- FC A+BBB: on block leaves you at +13 and opponent at your ideal distance. on hit does a lot of damage and excellent possibilities for tech traps and wakeup game. fundamental against short ranged chars;
- 1A: TC, against takis that overuse/misuse high strings, KKK etcetera;
- SPACING: that's so important in cervy's game, like in all other chars, but against taki i can't do this consistently, maybe cuz some vital moves in this matchup, on hit leaves you at disvantage (aB, 3A+B..), and cuz taki is so fast and she have some whore moves to get in your face easily (66K for example, but risky, cuz is hard iGDR punishable), that's why imo pokes are vital in this matchup;
- TROWS/MIDS MINDGAME: that's the final point, the heart oh cervy's strat, alternate trows and mids, both are very powerful in the undead pirate moveset. mind game is the key, you have to be creative and mixup your stuff in every ways. for example sometimes i do some moviments like im doing the CT, so my opponent stands for B trow break, and i do the A trow. that's part of mindgame, imho.

i hope this post will help some players a bit, and tell me when i'm getting wrong and maybe new strats-moves versus taki, if u wonna.
thanks^^

Actually i think your post ist pretty accurate.

Taki is not a fear at all, normally i turtle a lot against her...just stay calm and wait for punishment or a ducked High etc....i use a lot of 3A+B, and watch just watch out for 1ba~PO, try to duck it and there is almost nothing she can do against you. Her range is shitty (lol at SC4 66BA), she is pretty unsafe for a fast char etc...

Taki is super weak imo. Taki players normally try to pressure with PO~Step, PO A or PO K into 1ba, but since all her good moves from SC3 PO are gone there is nothing to fear out of PO. Just block and wait, thats how i normally sove those situations.

The only move i do not use at all is A+B. I just dont like it. Way to unsafe, nothing guaranteed, just a mixup...because of the TC its not completely trash imo, but its not good. I just use b2 for TC and use the advantage....

The only move i do not use at all is A+B. I just dont like it. Way to unsafe, nothing guaranteed, just a mixup...because of the TC its not completely trash imo, but its not good. I just use b2 for TC and use the advantage....

i know on paper it's almost garbage... i use it rarely but when i do, it works fine, maybe cuz TC moves are just too good versus aggressive takis

I completly disagree with this. A+B is godly if used properly. A free Mixup is nothing to scoff at. You will get far more advantage on this move then B2.

A+B is godly if used properly.
for me too. A+B used properly w/ caution works well in some occasion.. especially against fast chars.
it give you good advantage. but not abuse it, or you'll be punished hard.

EDIT: updated moves against taki in my previous post :)

Can someone state what's the matchup btwn Cervy and Raph?

According to Bubbles he thinks itz 6:4 in Raph's favour due to several factors:

-Cervantes can't step.

-Cervantes has non-threatening step moves compared to other characters.

-Cervantes can't close in on Raph not even enough to make Raph duck.

I highly doubt that Raph's matchup is better than Cervantes. Then again I only had one Raph player I faced against not so often.

Here's the link by the way of http://www.8wayrun.com/f35/raphael-match-up-chart-t4197/page4.html

I completly disagree with this. A+B is godly if used properly. A free Mixup is nothing to scoff at. You will get far more advantage on this move then B2.

It's like an unsafe b2 with a little more range and a lot more reward. I don't use it much anymore (I use iWSA in it's place) but there's definitely no reason to omit it completely from your game.

But I'm 100% retired now, so take what I say with a grain of salt I guess.

i know but its a good way to get comfortable plus im 16 and dont have a car yet and i dont think im going to walk to a tourney.

Back