Player 1 popularity

XDaiKonX

[09] Warrior
Just curious why the majority of players HAVE to have player 1, online anyway.
I've had tons of kids leave before we've even fought just because they were on the opposite side.
Is the view better from P1's side?

I try to pick the Player 1 side because then Yoshimitsu says "Namu!" when selected. Really, that's all I've got. ;)

Actually, some characters have beneficial bugs if they start on the 2P side (Nightmare and Lizzy come to mind). That said, it's been this way since SF2.

"I can't do DP if I'm on the 2P side".

Just curious why the majority of players HAVE to have player 1, online anyway.
I've had tons of kids leave before we've even fought just because they were on the opposite side.
Is the view better from P1's side?

Some motions are difficult/uncomfortable to perform on certain sides.

For example, I have difficulty performing Asura Dance on 2P. But I'm practicing to get it down.

I have a harder time doing Asura Dance as P1
Guess it's just which side you use more often.

I realized that as well,that only limits you to what you can learn.
And by that I mean,you'll be good as P1,but what happens when you're P2? And you completely don't know how to controller the character on that side because you're a complete retard for only training yourself to play as P1.

I'm very comfortable on being at either side but I think I'm a bit better as P2.

I'm more comfortable doing 236236 motions on P1 side. So on the P2 side, I tend to stick with 236 instead, and even then its akward.

Whenever I sit down at an arcade machine, I make it a habit to sit in the 2p spot, as the stick and buttons there generally have less wear. This carries over to some extent, to my playing on console as well.

I am used to being on the P1 side since all I have played mostly is CPUs. I am trying now to get used to both and mooch of some P2 advantage for my Nighty. I don't really care that much which side I am on though.

And that is why its fun to use moves that switch which side you are on when people get all uppity about getting the player 1 side. As an aside, one of the big ones I've gotten is people having issues doing Ivy's command throws backwards... Since crack monkey technique doesn't work in soul caliber 4 *tear

I guess this belongs here, but I'm surprised I don't see more Tira players going for P2. I believe they start off in gloomy when they're P2.

If someone picks 1P and I beat them, I think they're pathetic.

If they pick 1P and win, it frustrates me that I can lose against such a retard.

If someone chooses 1P or 2P before our match begins, I make sure to flip them over to the other side during our fight. :D

this problem usually applies to pad users, if its arcade sticks, both side should be the same. This game has minimum command anyway, shouldn't be that big of a problem. Also the sides change so frequently during battle, it's pretty much pointless to choose a side

If someone picks 1P and I beat them, I think they're pathetic.

If they pick 1P and win, it frustrates me that I can lose against such a retard.
Ha. You're going to die of a stroke before you're 35 at this rate.

I personally don't care. If someone keeps trying for the 1up side, I'll try to steal it just to mess with them tho.

i've never once even attempted to switch a player side, nor do i care when other people do. if you're good enough whatever side your on doesn't really matter... and, really, it doesn't require being that good to begin with.

It comes for me from Tekken, but I'm always P2.I can input :2::3::6: from that side mor easily. In SC there aren't many of these moves so I don't really care which side I am on.

I also tend to play P2 by preference. Unfortunately it makes astas A+G air grab mess up all the time, but if I were an NM player I'd definately want it for the extra tech trap.

2P side is a significant upgrade for Nightmare yea. helps lizard as well but not as big of a deal.

Back