Player 1 popularity

I've noticed more people picking the P2 side on purpose myself. Though if you want to really mess with those guys, you can pick the same side as them as well (I think it goes to a coin flip then).

I used to screw over a friend of mine a lot in 2D fighters, by always trying to force him to play from the 2P side. I would try to jump over him right away if he was on 1P. It really messed him up, since he played the comp so much and was super-trained to input from the 1P side and not the 2P side. So, as a result of that, I've never had any problems switching my direction mind set :)

So with 1P its probably the same thing, likely people who are mostly comfortable with the single player modes.

If someone chooses 1P or 2P before our match begins, I make sure to flip them over to the other side during our fight. :D

I hate people that pick sides, and to be an ass if someone picks a side on me, I pick that side the next time we fight.

Out of preference I like 2P more because I can hit Cassandra's JF better from that side, but I never pick.

lol honestly i had an issue with Kiliks FoTD from 2P side for a long time and tried to stay on 1P side, it's really gone now but man it was funny trying to see me 1A+B A LOT

That P1 stuff only bothered me in tekken, since I played an awful lot on P1 side and got use to it.. Somehow that's not the issue with SC4

First tournament I went to I couldn't play in the P2 position. lols
I think there is a mental difference to which side you pick depending on what level you're on...among other things.

I think offline tournaments should implement a coin flip or rock, paper, scissors game just to see who gets which side.
I want to test out my JF ring select.

Haha, I'm gonna sound like a nerd, but the only reason I prefer 2P over 1P is because my chair is at an angle to the t.v. (more chairs in the room for when friends come over). I can just see a little better on my screen if I'm 2P...other than that it never really made a difference to me.

think voldo also gets some combos he normally wouldnt if he's on 2P side. With setsuka, its easier for me to wavedash in the left direction. so if i'm 1P, i can backdash like crazy. 2P, I'm more aggressive cause I wavedash forward. 8D
Just naturally how thumbs go on a analog stick.
Dont really care either way though, people should really just get used to it if they have problems and enjoy playing on their handicapped side to improve.

Playing street fighter at the age of 3 and many years after allowed my fingers to adapt to that reverse side stuff, no problems here

I always chose P1 and since I always host a game then I always get it. Not sure why I actually do it though tbh. You switch loads i the fight and im comfortable doing moves on both.

I never really pay attention to whatever side I'm on. When I play online, I constantly switch between the two (I apparently fight against people with a preference and they normally want the 1P) But, I guess I'm alright with both of them.

Back