Playstation Vita Thread

UbErRiCh

[09] Warrior
So, the Vita is coming to the US in about a month. Anybody getting it ? Does anyone have it already from the Japan release ? Talk it up here. :D

For me, already preordered a bunch of stuff (UMvC3, Wipeout, Hot Shot Golf, Ninja Gaiden, as well as a first edition Vita and a whole bunch of goodies. :D). :P One game in particular I'm actually pretty excited about is Gravity Rush. Comes out same day as the US First Edition Vitas. :D Check out the Kotaku demo. :)

not going to lie. I want one.

If I am diving into this, might as well go the distance and get the 3G version.

Would probably give Gravity Rush a shot. New Lumines and Uncharted for it are others I would pick up.

I can't wait till it's out! I already pre-ordered the Wi-Fi edition on Gamestop UK for £209.00 and Uncharted on Zavvi.

I'm also considering pre-ordering Unit 13 and MGS: Collection.

any questions about the vita that haven't been answered yet?

been playing mine everyday. i do love katamari and hot shots golf mostly. i also have dynasty warriors and little deviants. :)

Actually yes.

1. How does the UMD Passport work ? I actually own 2 Japan PSP games (Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus and Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze.) and would love to play these games on the Vita. Is it a simple process ? I already have a JPN account and I can easily get a JPN PSN Card.

2. I heard people have been having a hard time copying save files to the Vita. Are people just not pluging in the device or memory card to there PC, or is there a catch of some sort ?

3. I'm getting a first edition Vita and a 32 GB memory card. Was planning on using the 4 GB card for my JPN account. If I want to buy a bigger card for it later on, how simple is the process of transferring the account to a new card ?

Other than these, very hype about getting one !! Four more weeks !! :D

P.S. I'm actually waiting to preorder MGS Collection as well as ZOE Collection. I really hope we don't have to wait long for those. :D

Well, memory cards are overpriced and I'm not liking any of the launch titles. Can't hurt to wait for a price drop on this one.

I want one. Uncharted, gravity daze, escape plan. those are the three i'm lookin forward to.

Ill wait 3 months for a price cut, the 3D'S went from like 250 to 150 in no time. Same will happen because ppl dont wanna buy the overpriced memory chip.

I do love the system. But I will not be getting it right way. I might wait a year to get, after all the initial bugs are worked out. I'll still keep my PSP slim through to play my games.

well.. thanks to IGN, i now know that the PS Vita has been hacked or was it the ps3 that was hacked? not sure, but this is a good thing. because the hack is all about streaming games from the ps3 to the vita, which is what sony was going to do anyway. but if this is a sign of things to come for the vita.. well.. I'm excited to be buying one.

Actually yes.

1. How does the UMD Passport work ? I actually own 2 Japan PSP games (Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus and Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze.) and would love to play these games on the Vita. Is it a simple process ? I already have a JPN account and I can easily get a JPN PSN Card.

2. I heard people have been having a hard time copying save files to the Vita. Are people just not pluging in the device or memory card to there PC, or is there a catch of some sort ?

3. I'm getting a first edition Vita and a 32 GB memory card. Was planning on using the 4 GB card for my JPN account. If I want to buy a bigger card for it later on, how simple is the process of transferring the account to a new card ?

Other than these, very hype about getting one !! Four more weeks !! :D

P.S. I'm actually waiting to preorder MGS Collection as well as ZOE Collection. I really hope we don't have to wait long for those. :D

I seem to have forgotten I posted here. Sorry! :(

1. UMD Passport. As far as I understand it, you go to the PSN Store on your PSP and apply for the UMD passport program. Then you pop in your UMD for verification and they will ask you to buy a code to get the game on the PSN store (I assume for cheap). The you go on the PSN store on your vita and enter the code there :)

2. The memory card has no reader at the moment as it is a new proprietary type. The save backup process is simple enough. As all your media, music, backup, etc. functions will done using the Content Manager either on your PC or PS3.

3. Very simple using the content manager. Plug in vita>Backup memory card (media, saves, etc.) and Transfer to new card.

I hope that helps! Sorry for the late reply!

scaled.php

VITA SWAG !! Finally got it Tuesday. Gotta say; aside from the bulkiness, it's really fun to play with (Playing Uncharted right now. :)). Sadly, Gravity Rush has been delayed till May; however, those waiting to get a Vita can now wait for an awesome game. :D

scaled.php

VITA SWAG !! Finally got it Tuesday. Gotta say; aside from the bulkiness, it's really fun to play with (Playing Uncharted right now. :)). Sadly, Gravity Rush has been delayed till May; however, those waiting to get a Vita can now wait for an awesome game. :D
How are the Analoq Sticks?

Back