"Please look forward to collaborations with other works!" - Guest Character Speculation Thread

Just... believe:

I've been waiting for something like this since I discovered this character in The Witcher 1.
I hope it will become a reality.

Last edited:
and voila!

With Geralt of Rivia confirmed, does anyone think that there will be more guest characters?
I think the trailer hinted at 3. Or I'm seeing it wrong on my tiny cell phone here.

And it's my cell resolution. There looked like three on my phone

***Now that I saw it on my Monitor... The shaders seem off.

Last edited:
Seeing as guest character styles are almost never able be used in create a soul, I certainly hope not. Also we only need one random weapon character.

A random girls weapons, random guys weapons, and random all weapons character is an absurd way to take up three slots.

I'd have no disagreement with guest characters so long as their style is open to use in create a soul. Otherwise one is more than enough.

A random girls weapons, random guys weapons, and random all weapons character is an absurd way to take up three slots.

What if you only like the girls or only the boys? If they are not gonna give us the character, at least give us the soul!

What if you only like the girls or only the boys? If they are not gonna give us the character, at least give us the soul!
Then make one character with a list of clickable weapons to be randomized. So that what if you like a mix of both but not all, etc. Cover every random combination with one character.

I think the trailer hinted at 3. Or I'm seeing it wrong on my tiny cell phone here.

And it's my cell resolution. There looked like three on my phone

***Now that I saw it on my Monitor... The shaders seem off.

"From there emerged the variants" from the trailer. I'm actually wondering if there are more than one guest character?

"From there emerged the variants" from the trailer. I'm actually wondering if there are more than one guest character?
Quote from the press release. Piled on emphasis of one phrase was obviously added by me :)

“...this is why it is a great honor for the whole SOULCALIBUR team to welcome Geralt as the guest character in SOULCALIBUR VI.”

Quote from the press release. Piled on emphasis of one phrase was obviously added by me :)

“...this is why it is a great honor for the whole SOULCALIBUR team to welcome Geralt as the guest character in SOULCALIBUR VI.”
To me that's not significant enough to conclude that he will be the only one. If 2B gets announced as a guest for example they can say something like "we welcome 2B as the second guest character".

I think that there will be another guest, but not in the base game. It will be DLC, as to not take away from Geralt's initial spotlight as the guest.

I think that there will be another guest, but not in the base game. It will be DLC, as to not take away from Geralt's initial spotlight as the guest.
Yeah, I think that too. I'm just saying I don't think the trailer jibberish is something to read into, and Geralt will be the only guest in the base game cause that's what they've positioned him as.

Weeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllll.... I suppose I should open with some new information I got:
Geralt won't be the only guest character.
I don't have any information passed that. So it's unknown if the other guest will be launch or DLC, much less who they even are.
But I figured I'd open with the potentially controversial thing first since I know guest characters are a mileage may vary thing.
All I can say is that Tekken 7 taught them a lot of things. Which is funny considering Soul Calibur was the series originally known for that kind of thing thanks to SCII.

If there is still room for more guest characters... I would be happy with D from Vampire Hunter D.

I know it won't happen but I must say it.

There will never be a cooler character than D (I love the original design by Yoshitaka Amano - 1983):

Fl1QAnb.png

Plus he has a talkative/spooky left hand with special powers which would fit perfectly in a Soul Calibur game in every sense.

9d7b98abd72b8a3fbd2dff63912e4c4b358a32ed_hq.jpg

I believe Nightmare's Critical Edge kinda was inspired by him.

vampire-hunter.jpg

More images for reference within the Spoiler:

vampire_hunter_d_by_mraiden88-d7hde04.jpg

weblitho1.jpg

weblitho2.jpg

If you don't know him just go watch Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust Movie. A masterpiece:

Last edited:
Actually, DLC packs with 2-4 Characters Each, each time it comes with 1 guest, similar to the Injustice 2 bit, would make quite a bit of sense.

If they do go the heavy DLC route, I can see Raphael and Amy/Viola being added in the first wave as some extension of the storyline, along with some guest character.

Geralt is an awesome choice for a guest.

The real question now is are there gonna be exclusive guest per console. Tho i suspect Geralt won't be the only guest anyway.

I can see them doing something similar to T7 where they release other guest characters as DLC. I can definitely see Geralt being the only guest character initially.

Well i think it's pretty much sure that Geralt will be the only guest character, and there will probably be no per console guest character since that poster with geralt and mitsu is confirmed to be the official cover. Seems to be a similar case as SCV with 1 guest for all console.

Can't complain tbh, Geralt is one of the best guest they could have put in the game, and from now on they'll only focus on Soul Calibur characters, no extra slot will be taken by some anime/weeb guest character lol.

Back