Post your sticks! (if you use them.)

I'd move from pad to stick if I could play on something like that. It looks totally badass.

This is mine, though right now it isn't working as the board has gone bad so I am using a stock version of this. I have the stuff to fix it and have had it for a while but am very lazy, plus hacking a regular controller board to fit in this thing is a pain in the ass process.
Photo0356.jpg

This is the stick I use in some other fighting games
Hori_Real_Arcade_Pro_Stick_3_SA_PS3.jpg
When I was at Otakon they had these in the game hall for most of the fighting games, that thing is heavy as hell. I got some good use out of it playing Mortal Kombat but for some reason they only let people use PS3 controllers for Soul Calibur 4. :(

This is my Hitbox. :)

300050_2341344690963_1170306676_2798582_1136702326_n.jpg

It's gained small notoriety and has a small following at the moment, but it's getting more recognition partially thanks to SRK's consistent front page updates for it. They're based here in Vegas too, which is a bonus for me. :D

Still trying to get it dual-modded, but will be customizing the faceplate soon after that.

I saw some stuff on those at a panel discussion on building fight sticks at Otakon. (sorry I keep bringing that up, alot of cool stuff happened that weekend) I can see how it would be really useful once you get the hang of it.

Lol nice! you've got every LED made in that bad boy eh? I always play in well lit areas so I always thought that would be a wasted feature for me. (but it's still really cool) ( shoutouts to Back to the Future)

Man that hitbox looks so broken.

I saw some stuff on those at a panel discussion on building fight sticks at Otakon. (sorry I keep bringing that up, alot of cool stuff happened that weekend) I can see how it would be really useful once you get the hang of it.

It's a pretty well kept secret that keyboards > stick. And hitboxes are pretty much keyboards.

Lol nice! you've got every LED made in that bad boy eh? I
ArcEye LED boards under those Seimitsu PS-14-KNs all wired to a Sparky LED controller. The rest of the stuff includes a Toodles Multi-Console Cthulhu PCB and a MadCatz 360 FightPad (the only thing that the Chtluhu doesn't handle) and a Toodles Imp board to handle the switching.

Art was put together using pieces found on the net by me. That white bit around the buttons is actually laser etched on the top panel of the TEK case. Balltop is a custom made Buteroj balltop Also, since there are no pics of it, here's what the bottom art looks like.

Assembly and wiring was done in Maryland by spenzalii from SRK before being shipped off to the Philippines.

God dammit my stock one just quit on me. (up, down, and right aren't working) Now I'm gonna have to get off my ass and fix the custom just to play anything, no way in hell am I using a controller for fighters.

It's a pretty well kept secret that keyboards > stick. And hitboxes are pretty much keyboards.
One important difference though. Keyboards allow for SOCD (Simultaneous Opposing Cardinal Directions) which allow for things you can't normally do in fighting games (walk forward Sonic Booms and shizz). HitBoxes, do not allow for SOCDs since Toodles programmed a way to catch and block them in the custom firmware f the Cthulhu boards he provides HitBox.

Project TwinTail. A modified Playtech Pro Arcade PS3/PS2 stick done for a friend. The name comes from the fact that it has a double headed "twin tailed" cable with both a USB(PS3) and a PS2 connector.

twintail01.jpg

twintail02.jpg

twintail03.jpg

twintail04.jpg

Full writeup can be found on SRK.

Special thanks goes to:
Darksakul (for the JLF-TM)
TheRealNeoGeo (akihabarashop)
Laugh (etokki.com for the spare button on short notice)
KatipunanCowboy (LS-33 spring)

Do sticks help one's execution? I'm a complete doofus and often throw out completely the wrong move or drop easy combos. This happens far more frequently online, but still. Does it make doing the moves easier? If it's relevant, I play my controller piano style, pressing the right-side buttons with my fingers rather than my thumb.

Back