Post your sticks! (if you use them.)

Do sticks help one's execution? I'm a complete doofus and often throw out completely the wrong move or drop easy combos. This happens far more frequently online, but still. Does it make doing the moves easier? If it's relevant, I play my controller piano style, pressing the right-side buttons with my fingers rather than my thumb.

In my opinion everything is pretty much equal with pad and stick except for two things:

1) Movement is easier on pad
2) Slide inputs (agA) are easier on stick

Other than that everything is just about the same, for Soul Calibur at the least.

On the 2d side, charge characters are much less painful on a stick. (I get thumb cramps on a pad.)

Also prefer tapping motions on a stick. A pad feels slower for those to me.

I have a hitbox almost identical to Sora's, but white attack buttons instead of green. Maybe I'll take a picture of it later.

So, since this is kind turning into a "general stick thread", I thought I'd ask a dumb newbie question I haven't found the answer to yet.

You see how he has his buttons:

100_3320.jpg

Those buttons are great. I've searched around and haven't found what I needed, so my question is: where do you go to get buttons with custom art on them? For reference, I'd probably have all of the attack buttons have this, so I can remember to never falter in the heat of battle.

Thanks in advance.

Those buttons are great. I've searched around and haven't found what I needed, so my question is: where do you go to get buttons with custom art on them? For reference, I'd probably have all of the attack buttons have this, so I can remember to never falter in the heat of battle.

Thanks in advance.
IIRC, you print the stuff you want, then pull the button part out of the button assembly and stuff them in.

Now fastforward 7 years, around the time when SF2:HF came out on xbox360. I couldn't stand using the xbox pad, so I sent my joystick to my good friend Godspu, who mods and makes custom joysticks, to do a 360 mod for my MAS. He also put on some custom artwork that I chose myself. When I got it back, it was beautiful. It looked like a brand new joystick, and the wiring looked so professional I wanted to show it off.

So, I tried to go to one of the links posted on Godspu's 8WR profile. Got this:
wha.png

So, since this is kind turning into a "general stick thread", I thought I'd ask a dumb newbie question I haven't found the answer to yet.

You see how he has his buttons:

Thanks in advance.
Those clear Seimitsu PS-14-KNs.

You can learn how to put art inside them here.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...o-put-art-under-clear-seimitsu-buttons.25926/

So, I tried to go to one of the links posted on Godspu's 8WR profile.
Enk posted the directory of some of his work. He doesn't have a photo of the back of his disturbing purple Ivy stick that he uses at our local tournaments though lol.

eb03_avenger_controller.jpg
<---This thing. I see it and I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Mostly, I just tilt my head like a confused canine. Looks kind of kinky except I really can't picture any benefit to it.

eb03_avenger_controller.jpg
<---This thing. I see it and I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Mostly, I just tilt my head like a confused canine. Looks kind of kinky except I really can't picture any benefit to it.
The design is that way so that you don't have to lift your thumb off the right analog stick.

Back