Post your sticks! (if you use them.)

l3wis_1337

[08] Mercenary
Thought it'd be a nice idea if we posted pics of our sticks & such, just to show off ;-)

I have the Tekken 6 one, managed to swindle it off a friend for £20!
142106-sssstt.jpg

Well I have 4, but they been picking up dust for a while. They all added up to about.... $340 dollars. Good price!!

IZZY

thumbnail.aspx
thumbnail.aspx
thumbnail.aspx

I have what looks like a stock Dreamcast Agetec, but it's a wireless 360 controller and the battery pack slides into the VMU slot. Select, Guide, and Sync are also tucked away in the VMU area.

I have what looks like a stock Dreamcast Agetec, but it's a wireless 360 controller and the battery pack slides into the VMU slot. Select, Guide, and Sync are also tucked away in the VMU area.
Can you find a link somewhere? i'm intrigued...

Idk? If I sell them, my 3 other brothers will get mad so pretty no. sorry.

IZZY

That sucks :(

ohh I think I know what you mean now, awesome, if you ever get a proper pic of yours then hit me up man!

My wife and I have a matching set of custom Arcade-in-a-Box Slim Arcade Hybrids...
black_dragon_joystick.jpg
...Yeah, that's my avatar dragon on it.

Wow, awesome, what would I be looking at price-wise if I wanted a custom stick?

Here is my DIY stick. I took an XBOX controller apart and soldered arcade buttons and a stick to the solderpads and built a box for it. As evident, I'm no master carpenter, but at least it holds together. Originally I had another stick, but felt like trying it with a Sanwa, which unfortunately had different dimensions, that's why the stick mount doesn't look that nice. In retrospect maybe I should have given more thought to the placement of the buttons, I thought I should make it usable for any game and just laid the buttons out in an even grid, but something more ergonomic would have been nicer, especially sine 95% of the usage turned out to be SCIV. (On a sidenote, why does all the sticks above have B-button (red) at index finger? I would think putting it at ring finger would be better, to give same finger placement as when playing claw on a regular controller)
stick.jpg
guts.jpg

Here's mine. There's alot of history behind this stick and I'll share a little bit of it. I had purchased it from massystems.com (currently out of business) back in 2000 to play CvS2 on. This was the start of console gaming and tournaments held on console. It was wired to work for the PS2 and Dreamcast. (I also have convertors to make it work for Xbox1 and Gamecube). This is roughly what it looked like when I purchased it:
imagesCAWAHCXE.jpg

Now fastforward 7 years, around the time when SF2:HF came out on xbox360. I couldn't stand using the xbox pad, so I sent my joystick to my good friend Godspu, who mods and makes custom joysticks, to do a 360 mod for my MAS. He also put on some custom artwork that I chose myself. When I got it back, it was beautiful. It looked like a brand new joystick, and the wiring looked so professional I wanted to show it off.

When SC4 came out in 2008, I used this to play on the xbox. For the 1st year, I had to use HORI sticks for tournaments because the tourney standard for SC4 was the PS3. My MAS was only for the xbox. At the time there wasn't a way to dual mod joysticks because the microsoft xbox pad didn't have a common ground to work with. Then out came the retro xbox arcade controller. It looked like the old Atari 2600 controllers, but this thing about this PCB is that it had a common ground to work with. So, I talked to Godspu again, and set it up to get my joystick dual modded. He also did some more custom work on it. Like putting aluminum panels on the side painted black, and also surprised me by making it a tri mod by having a PS2 port on it too. I can use my convertors for this to use it on xbox1, Dreamcast and Gamecube.

Since after having it modded, I've changed the joystick once, and changed out the 6 buttons I use most and replaced them with Sanwa buttons. My friend gave them to me for free so the colors don't really match the product. But I don't care, it's the best joystick I've used, and it's what I grew up using in arcades. Here are a couple pictures:
stick1.jpg
stick2.jpg

If you are ever interested in getting a custom stick done, you should definately talk to Godspu. He will do whatever you want and do it very well! He's even made a joystick with spikes on the outside of it.

If you are ever interested in getting a custom stick done, you should definately talk to Godspu. He will do whatever you want and do it very well! He's even made a joystick with spikes on the outside of it.

Any chance you can post some pics of his work?

Back