Preferred Opening Cinematic?

What was YOUR favorite Opening Cinematic?

• Soul Edge

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Soul Calibur

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • SCII

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • SCIII

Votes: 34 54.8%
  • SCIV

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Where's SC Legends? (not that anyone would vote for it, but...)

And yes, SCIII had the best opening in the series, and yes, the Intro for SCIV sucked terribly, and yes, we need an epic intro for SCV just to make less hardcore people get into the game, and yes, we need better music in it.

And no, we don't need a petition.

I voted for Soul Edge, because, I admit SC3 has wonderful presentation and such, but SE just had that really nice graphic visual that was amazing for the time (plus the right amount of fanservice and epic), and it just gave me the goosebumps that none of the other intros ever gave me.

You just gotta love that Edge of Soul. I really hope they do a remix of that (better yet, use the original song for the new intro) for SCV.

I voted SC3 only because it shown how Nightmare's critical finish SHOULD have been... and the scene with Zasalamel, however SC2 had shown the same glimps of Taki's should be finisher.

However SC2's was the better one for actually showing characters fighting each other as they should be and having far better music. SC3's gets praise only the small hint of Nightmare's actual conquest, which the games never actually show how powerful he really is. And for some reason sigfried looks asian in the intro o.o.

I see you've submitted it to the SoulCalibur tumblr.
I've never really posted a submission before, so if you wanted the post to be linked back to your blog then I can do that.

I also added the link to this thread too.

Personally, I don't get SC3's appeal when it came to the opening besides the character models. The pacing was slow as molases, the music boring and it showed very few characters. The character models seemed to be the priority while they neglected the animations to a point where it didn't matter to me. SC2 however shows everyone but the unlockables. It features everyone doing something cool like a kata, fight or at worst holding a shard of SE (which still helps to tie everything together). The fight segments were fast paced compared to SC3 which mainly had them be one friggin move in slow motion. Also the song is fast paced and exciting. Rant over.

Anyway I still say SE had the best. Great song, graphics, fast paced, served as an excellent introduction to every single character. Can't ask for a better one.

Trying to intro 20+ characters in a single opening would be a pain -_- SE had a smaller cast so it was do-able.
All I'm asking from SC5 is something cool and fast - paced with epic music. Something I would show my friends who are new to the series and expect them to be in awe, not asleep on my couch (a la SC4)

SB: Loved the music and character intro 5/5
SC: Not as great as SB's, but great nonetheless. 4/5
SC2: Had all players and was creative. 5/5
SC3: Not all of the players, but best action. 4/5
SC4: Not a fan of this one, hardly any players didn't have a feel like the other SC's. 2/5 (for graphics)
SC5: IMHO, I hope they can pull off SB's intro, but since the game has changed so much, that style probably wouldn't fit.

Tie between SB and SCII, but I'm leaning more toward SB.

I voted SC3 only because it shown how Nightmare's critical finish SHOULD have been... and the scene with Zasalamel, however SC2 had shown the same glimps of Taki's should be finisher.
I think Soul Blade's would be cooler's for Taki, seen at 1:59 of this video.
Edit: that would also be a MUCH cooler animation for the Taki bombs. Have a Japanese symbol glow on the ground and when she smacks it, they go flying.

I want them to showcase everyone in the opening.

And no, I do not mean like in two, where they only showed a glimpse of certain characters (Talim, Raph, Yun, Cass,). I want to see fighting scenes, or at least interactions between all the characters.

So pretty much, I would prefer a mix between 2 and 3.

Back