Programming Controllers?

ZyX2323

[08] Mercenary
Just wonder if some of you have ran accross someone you thought is using a programming controller... Today I ran accross someone that was pulling of the Complex "Just" Ivy Throws like they where nothing and didn't miss one, also didn't even seem to move at all. He play wasn't that good to say that he would be able to do that as well, Actually he was an Avg Ivy player, if that.... Do you all think someone with online play could nail say 5 out of 5? I know there are some controllers out there that allow that and just wonder your take on it?

There out there... I know the Stick XMC Dominator allows programming... And there are lots of older PS2 ones out there using the adapter or even modding your controller.. But its not to hard to know someone thats using them, usless they are a really really good player. Not like you can tell if someone can't block basic moves or attack obvious openings but gets complex just moves out like there nothing...

I doubt he was using a programmed controller. Ivy's throws/buffers aren't that hard to do after some practice, and he would move regardless of a button that does CS or if he did it himself, unless he buffered it.

Considering they're not allowed at tournaments, I wouldn't really worry about it.

An idiot on PSN uses one for his ivy's ultimate grab.
His names Aloz, maybe we're talking about the same guy?

yeah, he's using a programmed controller. There isn't a doubt in my mind. No one can consistently pull off that god damn JF-ultimate grab every time (with or without lag) without it being programmed. Just don't fight him again.

back in xbox days, guy playing fightnight 2 online would bind the haymaker uppercuts to single buttons and just fucking destroy anyone with the haymaker combos.

That's about the same time I stopped playing.. I was ranked #6 too at one point.

I think that might be the same name, but I am sure no one online can hit the Just Ultimate Grabs consistantly 100% while involed in combat, it you had a moment to set it up maybe you could hit 2/3 offline... Really not even the best can hit the simle 2 button justs 100% online...

ZyX2323

Apparently Aloz here thinks differently.

I don't appreciate that message you sent me on the PSN either, Aloz. But I understand defending yourself.

Slightly off-topic but am I the only person who uses the right trigger/r2 for block instead of the default? I think the default position is horrific :)

I know this guy named Felix-something that uses one. Damn cheater. :P

Hey, I can't throw them off the track if you keep throwing my name up there!

Seriously though, this is a moot topic since anyone in offline comp will beat the crap out of you for using it, and you'll be kicked out of any tournament caught using something of that nature.

Slightly off-topic but am I the only person who uses the right trigger/r2 for block instead of the default? I think the default position is horrific :)

Thats odd, but cool, everyone has different hand size and placement (and leftlys), its only right to let people customize layouts... I personally just have one change as well, my middle finger bending from an old injury so I use K+B can't always and hurts when I make it perfectly flat to hit both of them at the same time. And I used to use an L1 as block and L2 as K+B (But I really stop the L1, couldn't seem to get it right, but I tried, now I just use K+B=L1) Other then that the default layout is fine..

ZyX23

i use the old sc2 style on my controller. left trigger to block. and i also use the analog stick. not the d pad. also got my bumper buttons mapped to a+k and b+k. but thats about as far as my mapping goes.

I don't see the point of mapping buttons to B-K and A-B but I can understand A-K.

I'd feel dead cheap using one button for B-K, A-B, then again maybe I should try it out. Only problem is I'd have to have no button for a taunt or a CF :P

Back