Project Soul wants to know your favorite characters!

• Admin
Early this morning, the SoulCalibur Facebook page opened a poll to see who are the fan favorite characters in the series. The list seemed to have every playable SoulCalibur character in the list to choose from. The only ones I didn't see when I was skimming were the bonus characters introduced in SCIII and SCIV.

Considering that the vote includes Lost Swords character, then it is safe to say that this is for a future SoulCalibur VI character roster. Please note that this is not a confirmation for a SoulCalibur VI. It is only speculation on my part. If you would like to have your voice to be heard, then you should get on your Facebook account and follow the directions in the spoiler below.

VOTE FOR THE FUTURE OF SOULCALIBUR

Calling all SoulCalibur Fans! Project Soul would like to hear your voice.

They need to determine precisely who are the favorite characters of the community!
Beware, you can vote only once so choose carefully and wisely.
You still have time to think about it as this survey will last until May 31st.

PC users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurvey

Mobile users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurveyMobile

Project Soul is probably preparing something huge... Stay tuned and spread the news! Thank you.

#SCSURVEY #SOULCALIBUR

Be VERY CAREFUL when filling out the information before voting. The form allowed me to manually fill in my information, but messed around to see if I could skip the email part and move on. I figured out the hard way that once you are done with the first name, last name, and email part, you are then locked out from editing it altogether. I ended up borrowing my Mom's Facebook just so that I could finally get my vote in. However, when I used her account it auto-filled her information for whatever reason. All of that was a pain for me, but the voting part was easy.

You can only vote for one character when you do this. All you have to do is click the heart when you're hovering over the picture and that will count as a single vote. Who did you vote for? Comment and let us know who you want in the next SoulCalibur game!

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
I think the alpha Patroklos and Pyrrha omega was a good idea, but then again because they took up so much space on the roster. I've never been a fan of either, so I would like to see them fill out two slots only.

The same goes for Edgemaster and Kilik, at least a bit... also Elysium. Three characters with basically the same ability/functions? I can see that Edgemaster is cool and that Kilik is his apprentice, but they do the same thing! Even if Elysium only has female fighting styles, Kilik male and Edgemaster both, I don't see why this was necessary, alright, so their BE's are different too. They could instead use characters with unique fighting styles like Zasalamel, Seong Mi-na and Talim!

I'm just going to throw out that the development time for a real character is going to be much longer than a mimic. Time constraints are most likely the reason why Elysium and Kilik are mimics and not their own style.
On the flip side there already is a full SC4 moveset that would make it a LOT easier than starting from scratch since you'd be doing a few combo tweaks, command shuffles, 2-3 new animations, plus BE/CE. If anything, Ezio's development probably would have used enough resources that could have brought back talim/taki/kilik/zas.. in new SC5 re-iterations, but he's front-cover material though.

Eh? No, Zasa has great momentum. He was the fourth highest climber in the last two day period, showing very positive momentum. He is 20 votes behind Nightmare but leads Yoshimitsu by 23 votes. It's a nice spot to be in. 8th overall.
easy to say when talim is charting top.
We could recreate pacquiao vs mayweather with those 2.

I am doing my update 3 hours early because I want to sleep. Sounds reasonable to me.

17480339650_c4c78b95f0_o.jpg

17480340340_a2855656ac_o.jpg

I went ahead and included growth data from the earlier date I had that I mentioned earlier
If this chart looks confusing, it is sorted by highest growth rate in the last 2 day period.

Highlights so far!

Ivy is not taking her fight laying down, she caught back up to Kilik and is now tied, classic classic fight there.

Siegfried stopped to take a dump, he gained no votes which allowed nightmare to pull up to be a scant 2 votes behind him.

Sophitia did not grow any, but she is is 33 votes ahead of Cassandra and if she stops to take care of business, no one will mind, much. Noteably Raphael, Zwei, Astaroth and Dampierre had no votes.

Also we need to tea bag whoever gave Patroklos AND Alpha Patroklos one vote.

There were 126 votes cast this period, 73 for female characters, 53 for male characters, bringing our totals to
4723 female
5113 male
9836 total

We ought to hit 10k votes in 3 days or less.

Rock has more votes than Alogl,Dampierre,Aeon,and Patroklos.
Does he actually have a chance of returning?!?!?!?!
:sc4roc1:Fingers crossed:sc4roc1:

Eh, rock and Lizardman are awfully close! We shall see eh? I think it would be strange to see a SC game without Lizardman myself.

I'd much rather have Apat come back then Setsuka if Setsuka's style were to stay in (Though he should be toned down from how stupid OP he is now, obviously). Apat 1P is one of the best designed outfits in the entire franchise, Twister>Umbrella, 2A BE is badass, and Apat actually learned how to kick (4K and FC K too good). He's just a much cooler character in general than Setsuka, sorry.
I love APat, his style is so fun and his design is one of the coolest in SCV, he even has become my second main. But to be honest, I prefer having Setsuka, she deserves the spot more than him. Anyway, if they are going to keep Pat with the sword and shield style, I would like him to have a few moves from APat(the ones which are new and don't belong to Setsuka) specially the kicks.
Oh man, that would actually be really awesome! His shield already functions as a sheath, imagine if he had a new stance where he would sheath his sword and put his shield by his hip. Then he'd have some Setsuka-inspired moves, but with his own unique flavor to it.
I'm agree, that will be sick, and would also make him even more different than Sophi/Cass.

So is this poll confirmation of Talim, Taki, and the other characters return? After all, this poll is for the future of Soulcalibur.
Hope they are not the only one confirmed. At least I hope for the characters in the three first pages to return.

Hope they are not the only one confirmed. At least I hope for the characters in the three first pages to return.
Yeah, all of them. Well, all of them except Natsu (she's at the very end so she can be weeded out in favor of Pyrrha, who will inevitably be in SCVI by virtue of being an Alexandra girl).

I wonder what PS will do if they add both Sophitia and Pyrrha in the next game, cuz I don't want to have more clone characters.
They'll have to evolve Pyrrha's moveset for differentiation. I doubt Sophitia will change due to her icon status.

Growth of votes has slowed to a snails pace. I think I will only bother doing vote updates every 3 days at this time. That and I have an anime con this upcoming Friday, Saturday, Sunday, so that gives me an excuse to schedule it this way. :P

Growth of votes has slowed to a snails pace. I think I will only bother doing vote updates every 3 days at this time. That and I have an anime con this upcoming Friday, Saturday, Sunday, so that gives me an excuse to schedule it this way. :P
Yeah, that's how these usually go. A boom at first, a whisper after.

Live streams

3 Viewers
SC_Shadow78
SC_Shadow78
Got power outage but it get back after a few minutes (Still short stream)

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back