Pyrrha Combo Discussion

I accidently screwed up my wall combo in match and got another one lol

6B+K W! 3B W! 66B Ground bounces lol... 236B.

Prolly means can burn the meter in there for the BE and follow up with a 22_88 BAK. But i'm eating lunch now and don't feel like testing.

I accidently screwed up my wall combo in match and got another one lol

6B+K W! 3B W! 66B Ground bounces lol... 236B.

Prolly means can burn the meter in there for the BE and follow up with a 22_88 BAK. But i'm eating lunch now and don't feel like testing.
And we have a winner! =3

Kane that's a cool tech trap. I'd like to incorporate that into my guard break game :)

I think a better followup to 22K is actually 66K, cause it launches the opponent back into the air. Giving you an extra 236B, or even a CE.

Can do the following into a CE:

22K -> 66K -> CE

I think a better followup to 22K is actually 66K, cause it launches the opponent back into the air. Giving you an extra 236B, or even a CE.

Can do the following into a CE:

22K -> 66K -> CE

No this is a bad option. 22K 236B:4 is 85 damage. 22K 66K CE is also 85 damage but costs a full bar of meter to do. 22K 66K 236B is only 66 damage, and you can't get 236B:4 as its in the air.

Well it's a better option if you know it will kill right? Since a combo is a lot easier than a Just input. Like all it takes is a slight misstep and you miss out on 85 damage for the Just.

Unless 22K > 236B alone is 66 damage of course, in which case there is no reason to choose 66K > 236B

Well it's a better option if you know it will kill right? Since a combo is a lot easier than a Just input. Like all it takes is a slight misstep and you miss out on 85 damage for the Just.

Unless 22K > 236B alone is 66 damage of course, in which case there is no reason to choose 66K > 236B

Its really not that hard of a just input to do, you'll be very well served to learn it as Pyrrha. And if even if you do screw it up, you'll probably still get 236B4 which will still net you some additional damage. Furthermore, you have listed up a few posts the 22K 236B alone without the 4 followup as 66 damage (haven't tested this myself).

The CE part is what really sucks, the damage scaling on it after like the first hit in a combo is pretty horrible, you're spending meter to do the exact same damage that you could do without any meter at all.

Ah yeah you're right, though after testing it a bit last night, I got 22K > 66K > 236B to do 70 damage.

Just food for thought ;3

Sure, but it was the same combo.

What constitutes a "Clean Hit" anyway? It seems to just happen at random.

yeah, it is random. everything in sc5 seems to have a random clean hit once in a while, even grabs and ce's

Only some moves randomly become clean hits, and some do so much more often than others. For Pyrrha, I've seen: 66B, 236:B, B+G (rarely, never any of the other throws), 22BAK, 44KB, 2BB, 3KK, and her CE (I think) do it. With 236:B being the most common one.

So if you're really lucky you can get 4B > 66B(EX) Clean Hit > 22BAK Clean Hit and it will do shit tons of damage?

I was messing around with Pyrrha earlier today and found a nice damaging combo into her CE.
4B, 66B+K;A;B, G(to turn around), CE

Yeah, 4B is too godlike for a starter.

It's also one of the best Follow-ups when you've guard broken your opponent, but if you guard break someone with a move with too long of a recovery period, you can just do 66B+KAB > G > 236B for more good damage.

Pyrrha is a real monster.

I was messing around with Pyrrha earlier today and found a nice damaging combo into her CE.
4B, 66B+K;A;B, G(to turn around), CE

yup .. check some of the videos I posted.

anyone care to check the damage on that combo? ... 4b, 66b+kab, g, ce ? [I'm at work right now, but I'd like to know lol] ... I'm pretty sure I have a stronger one, but I need to test it more to see if it is guaranteed

What makes 4B so good? It's very damaging on hit and +-0 frames on block, but then it's a 26f high. I haven't been able to get the game yet, so I might be missing something...

What makes 4B so good? It's very damaging on hit and +-0 frames on block, but then it's a 26f high. I haven't been able to get the game yet, so I might be missing something...

that it stuns on hit, that it Tech crouch.
but is really best for to start your combo after you break someone guard.

Yeah that. It does a bunch of Guard Damage if they actually block it, but it's mostly dangerous after a guard break.

Guard Break > 4B > 66B+KAB > G > 236B does 92 Damage
Guard Break > 4B > 66B+KAB > G > Super does 110 Damage

In my opinion though if you want to spend meter on this combo you're better off doing 4B > 66B(EX) > 22BAK for 106 damage, you're saving 0.5 meter and only losing out on 4 damage.

Yeah that. It does a bunch of Guard Damage if they actually block it, but it's mostly dangerous after a guard break.

Guard Break > 4B > 66B+KAB > G > 236B does 92 Damage
Guard Break > 4B > 66B+KAB > G > Super does 110 Damage

In my opinion though if you want to spend meter on this combo you're better off doing 4B > 66B(EX) > 22BAK for 106 damage, you're saving 0.5 meter and only losing out on 4 damage.

Awesome, thanks! I never really thought of what string to use after a guard break, and usually just went to 236B:4 or 66B(EX) from sheer muscle memory.

Back